EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Dynamic difficulty is ruining versus play

Replies

  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Another great example of game balancing is faceoffs. Ever dominate someone in faceoffs for half the game then get dominated the second half? I notice it often. This morning I played a game and this guy destroyed me in the circle. Nearing the end of the 2nd period he was beating on faceoffs 16-1. I then won 9 of the final 10 faces offs,

    Had a great speed farce today also. I intercepted my opponents point pass to Chara with McKinnon. I was crossing Center ice when he took control of Chara to turn around and he somehow chased me down before I could get a shot off......imagine that ever happening in hockey.

    Absolutely. Win 20 in a row because your opponent clearly is doing it wrong then all of sudden you can’t win one despite your opponent still clearly doing wrong.

  • It's the stupid gameplay slider on competitive... The game wouldn't be competitive if it didn't feel like an uphill battle most games, as you get terrible penalties all game, bad bounces, can't knock the puck off your opponent's stick, can't pick up a puck, as if you could consistently do these things, make simple plays , and stomp your opponent, most games wouldn't feel competitive, but the game always feels like it's catering to the guy who don't have no chance ... Because if it didn't it would be competitive .... Go Full sim ea... There is absolutely no reason to NOT be in full sim, we are playing realistic hockey are we not? Correct me if I'm wrong this is a hockey sim isn't it ?? Now change the gameplay slider to full sim ea...
  • Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation
  • Sinbin
    1324 posts Member
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Few things to keep in mind. The points you are referring to is your competitive rating so if you are winning half your games, it means the rating and the matchmaking that uses it is working fairly well.

    For someone winning all their games, they will continue to move up until they meet their match but we would hopefully move those losing down to a place where they are playing even competition as well until they improve and move up.

    Everyone wants to win all their games but that will only be true for the best in the world.

    If you did lose more points than you should have due to an odd match against a current low rated player that is actually better than that and on their way up, it will even out as your next games will match relative to your updates CR and you would have a higher chance of going on a win streak until you settle into the range that is actually true to your skill.

    Just like real life though, even your true skill can be compromised by getting in your own head and it sounds like with all the speculation going on that could be the case. Play loose again, don’t look for ways you feel the game is cheating you and trust that the system is actually getting you even matchups and see if you can overcome that current status to improve and move further up. Eventually though, you will meet your match again.

    @NHLDev Please don't use psychological explanations to account for real anomalies that we are experiencing when playing your game.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Few things to keep in mind. The points you are referring to is your competitive rating so if you are winning half your games, it means the rating and the matchmaking that uses it is working fairly well.

    For someone winning all their games, they will continue to move up until they meet their match but we would hopefully move those losing down to a place where they are playing even competition as well until they improve and move up.

    Everyone wants to win all their games but that will only be true for the best in the world.

    If you did lose more points than you should have due to an odd match against a current low rated player that is actually better than that and on their way up, it will even out as your next games will match relative to your updates CR and you would have a higher chance of going on a win streak until you settle into the range that is actually true to your skill.

    Just like real life though, even your true skill can be compromised by getting in your own head and it sounds like with all the speculation going on that could be the case. Play loose again, don’t look for ways you feel the game is cheating you and trust that the system is actually getting you even matchups and see if you can overcome that current status to improve and move further up. Eventually though, you will meet your match again.

    @NHLDev Please don't use psychological explanations to account for real anomalies that we are experiencing when playing your game.

    Gimme a break, this isn't a bigfoot sighting, this is really happening to people!

  • Sinbin
    1324 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    This pretty much demonstrates everything wrong with this series for the last 5+ years. No matter what is released, within 3 or 4 updates game goes back to the previous year.

    Really thought this trend would end with 19. Boy, looks like I was wrong. This game looks, plays and feels more and more like 18.

    Something tells me spending money to make NHL 20 will not be worth it.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    This pretty much demonstrates everything wrong with this series for the last 5+ years. No matter what is released, within 3 or 4 updates game goes back to the previous year.

    Really thought this trend would end with 19. Boy, looks like I was wrong. This game looks, plays and feels more and more like 18.

    Something tells me spending money to make NHL 20 will not be worth it.

    Took the words right out of my mouth....with each tuner released it feels more and like NHL 18
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    This pretty much demonstrates everything wrong with this series for the last 5+ years. No matter what is released, within 3 or 4 updates game goes back to the previous year.

    Really thought this trend would end with 19. Boy, looks like I was wrong. This game looks, plays and feels more and more like 18.

    Something tells me spending money to make NHL 20 will not be worth it.

    Took the words right out of my mouth....with each tuner released it feels more and like NHL 18

    If I were a casual player I would have a hard time telling you if that was from 18 or 19. That is how much they play the same at this point.
  • Sinbin
    1324 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    Where exactly?
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    Where exactly?

    Sinbin, I can respect your view of the game, and your opinion. You are free to feel and see things your own way, but seriously, your reply made me lol. What you mean, where??? It's all over that game. The guy doesn't pass, like ever, and yet he dominates the game.... Just like previous years. Selfish plays are better rewarded than team plays and moving the puck around.
  • @Sinbin

    is that you playing as the Penguins? Or was it surprisingly similar to the way you, yourself, play the game? Lol you silly dog you!!!!!
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fellas you need to understand there are some people that will continue to say the same things.....get better at the game. Then when you describe things that cannot be attributed to player skill they say it’s lag...then when you tell them you have solid great connection or describe something that can’t be attributed to lag they say show me video proof....when you provide video proof they say they don’t see it. There will always be a few who defend the indefensible no matter what. Again if EA addressed 4 or 5 simple direct questions the debate would be put to rest. The silence in my opinion speaks volumes and trying to convince the the defenders is pointless
  • ExSnake01
    454 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    ...

    You played against some awful players.

  • Sinbin
    1324 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    Where exactly?

    Sinbin, I can respect your view of the game, and your opinion. You are free to feel and see things your own way, but seriously, your reply made me lol. What you mean, where??? It's all over that game. The guy doesn't pass, like ever, and yet he dominates the game.... Just like previous years. Selfish plays are better rewarded than team plays and moving the puck around.

    They said all of the issues were indicated in the video. I wasn't talking about passing. Yeah, you can skate through defenders if defenders aren't defending. Just because someone is good enough to win without passing, it doesn't mean there's DDA. There are 2 teams playing here with multiple humans at the controls. Just because one is better than the others it doesn't mean DDA kicked in and forced them to win.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    Where exactly?

    What you mean, where??? It's all over that game.


    He means at what time in the game do these occur? That everyone talks about? I watched 2 mins and all I seen was scrub play.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    .
    Fatboyee wrote: »
    Better yet give us a full sim otp with no dynamic difficulty or latency compensation

    There is no dynamic difficulty. If people here can't handle the amount of realism already in the game, there's no way they could handle full sim.

    You mean the realism of a much slower rated player being able to to turn around and close a 15 foot gap between him and your 95 speed guy on a breakaway to break up the play last minute?

    Or the realism of how one entire team is faster than the entire other team?

    Or do you mean the realism of 50% of your games being lost because despite dominating every aspect of the game and only giving up 7 shots on goal but your highly rated goalie let 4 in barely even moving to make the save?....because that’s the realism of how an NHL goalie plays....

    Or maybe you mean the realism of how you knock a puck carrier down to the ice but he can still get up and take off with the puck before your standing skater can gather it in?

    Perhaps you are talking about the realism of how you sweep, poke, or knock the puck off an opponents stick only to have it get vacuum sucked right back to their stick or a teammates stick while your guys have reversed polarity and the puck avoids them the like the plague?

    Wait a minute?....I know what you mean...you are talking about the realism of a guy skating with the puck through 3 of your defenders bouncing off them like Superman and maintaining the puck...

    Yup you nailed it... this game has so much realism in it us voo doo dynamic difficulty exposers can’t handle it. Good Lord it’s astounding to me how people ignore the obvious.

    Show some video of faster players being outskated. There's a lot going on with fatigue. As a defender, my energy is almost always green. If I switch to forward, it's very frequently red.

    Just because they other team knows how to take advantage of the few chances they're given, it doesn't mean the game is forcing you to lose. If you took fewer, good shots and still won, you'd blame the game though and not your skill?

    I make plenty of pokes and sweeps that go away from the play.

    I haven't seen someone skating through 3 defenders and keeping the puck. Maybe I play with people that know how to defend better though.

    Stop trying to skate through a guy laying on the ice in front of the puck. Go around them. Don't hit them from the side on the boards where that can happen and make the puck tough to get because, again, you can't skate through the downed player.






    All of the things you stated get indicated in this video. Enjoy.

    Where exactly?

    Sinbin, I can respect your view of the game, and your opinion. You are free to feel and see things your own way, but seriously, your reply made me lol. What you mean, where??? It's all over that game. The guy doesn't pass, like ever, and yet he dominates the game.... Just like previous years. Selfish plays are better rewarded than team plays and moving the puck around.

    They said all of the issues were indicated in the video. I wasn't talking about passing. Yeah, you can skate through defenders if defenders aren't defending. Just because someone is good enough to win without passing, it doesn't mean there's DDA. There are 2 teams playing here with multiple humans at the controls. Just because one is better than the others it doesn't mean DDA kicked in and forced them to win.

    You asked to show where players can skate through 3 defenders as you say it can't be done. A video is posted of a guy literally not passing and forcing his way everywhere and winning 6-1.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!