EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Poke checks are going back to the way they were in 18

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/61969965

This poke never makes contact with the puck. I lose it and it becomes a goal

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/61970043

This poke check went through my teammates legs and pokes the puck away. Pre tuner this would have been a penalty 100% of the time.

Replies

• Thanks for posting these.

They actually would have happened before any of the tuning as they are just flat out bugs and the tuning didn’t make anything to do with these cases more lenient.

The first one didn’t think you made contact with the puck or the puck wouldn’t have released in that direction. It seems like it was puck loss from incidental contact. Not sure if it’s the game thinking there was stick on stick for sure but that would be by guess.

The second one is quite odd as the collision volume change was just to shrink their radius in to require a bit more contact before triggering a trip. However, since the stick does right through it should have at the very least blocked future stick or puck contact even if it didn’t call a trip. We actually tuned those frames up in the last tuner as well to ensure we caught more cases that were possibly falling outside the frame range before. This was so quick after the leg contact though that I don’t see it being outside those frames.

Regardless we can use these as good examples.

Thanks again!
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I guess I might post these fun poke trippings here for lack of a better thread:

This one causes a penalty shot, but I see no actual tripping animation from the opponent, he just continues as normal it seems? I don't doubt that this should have been penalty worthy, but it looks very suspicious.

The next one is equally funny, the stick is actually moving away from the skate, when the tripping animation activates. I don't think that should have been a penalty, unless the earlier collisions were considered penalty worthy? But it looks dicy as heck, I doubt you can trip anyone like that in real life...

These both occurred in a HUT single-player challenge by the way, so there's no online lag to consider.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I guess I might post these fun poke trippings here for lack of a better thread:

This one causes a penalty shot, but I see no actual tripping animation from the opponent, he just continues as normal it seems? I don't doubt that this should have been penalty worthy, but it looks very suspicious.

The next one is equally funny, the stick is actually moving away from the skate, when the tripping animation activates. I don't think that should have been a penalty, unless the earlier collisions were considered penalty worthy? But it looks dicy as heck, I doubt you can trip anyone like that in real life...

These both occurred in a HUT single-player challenge by the way, so there's no online lag to consider.

The last one there is what has needed to be worked on for ages. These ones frustrate the hell out of me.
  • That last one is brutal. Perfect poke position. Parallel to the player, literally stick on puck, stick in front of the leg at the start of the animation, feet goes out like you took a two-handed claymore swing to both feet.