EA Forums - Banner

Roughing Penalty?! (Hits from Behind)

Above1988
80 posts Member
edited October 2018
Ok, the continuous hits from behind that somehow immobilize you from moving forward...

Shouldnt that be a roughing penalty?

I know it's rare, but it still exists in the NHL and I think it would be a perfect addition in EA NHL to challenge players to play defensive positions more strategically , rather then just mashing the right Thumbstick into everybody...

I would think it would be easy to add in. Kind of like how the slashing penalties work on the stick lift. If a player is just mashing buttons or is not in the right position (like hitting from behind) that SHOULD be a penalty!

Replies

• Above1988 wrote: »
    Ok, the continuous hits from behind that somehow immobilize you from moving forward...

I know it's rare, but it still exists in the NHL and I think it would be a perfect addition in EA NHL to challenge players to play defensive positions more strategically , rather then just mashing the right Thumbstick into everybody...

I would think it would be easy to add in. Kind of like how the slashing penalties work on the stick lift. If a player is just mashing buttons or is not in the right position (like hitting from behind) that SHOULD be a penalty!

You forgot charging, interference, elbowing,and boarding barely ever call in eashl.
  • Above1988 wrote: »

You forgot charging, interference, elbowing,and boarding barely ever call in eashl.

What are you talking about? I see those called all the time. In fact, some seem to be literally shoulder to shoulder, yet are called as boarding. I see interference calls all the time. All you need to do is hit someone without the puck, or tie-up someone higher than the slot.