EA Forums - Banner

Cancelling Search Freeze

Prev1
inthecrease31
117 posts Member
edited October 2018
Anyone else have a lot of trouble getting into EASHL drop in 3s and 6s this past weekend? My problems started on Saturday. I ready up to search for a game, the avg search says around 30-35 sec for 3s or 15-20 sec for 6s but it continues searching indefinitely without ever finding a game or cancelling out. If l cancel search it keeps trying to cancel indefinitely forcing me to reboot the game. Just started happening on Sat and Sun.

Edit: No trouble at all finding Ones games.
Post edited by inthecrease31 on

Replies

• I was about to make a post for the same problem. I’m on xbox 1 .
  • And the game felt slower.
  • PS4 for me. I didn’t really notice a difference in game speed, but all l was able to play online was Ones so it’s hard to say for sure.
  • I'm on PS4 never have issues finding games, the odd Locker rooms errors but not finding games
  • I’ve the same issue as the OP on a few occasions.
  • I'm on PS4 never have issues finding games, the odd Locker rooms errors but not finding games

Same for me. In 25 ish games, I had 2 DRE, and got dropped once before the puck drop.

Got caught twice in a game searching loop that I couldn't cancel as the loop seemed never ending even after pressing cancel.

However, last night, drop ins, we are 4 per side, timer reaches 0 and game doesn't start. Saw people leaving and joining, despite having the timer at 0. After about 90 seconds I dashboarded as the game didn't seem to want to start, but was still filling open slots.

I would say 95% of my games start up fine, but almost every game I see at least 1 player getting dropped and not making it into the game. Can be team mates or opponents. On PS4.
  • So here’s what happens you start up search a game it’s normal time 17 sec. it’s great game full 6v6! Finish it go to search another and it’s like 10 min no game found so you cancel and it freezes game with loading circle spinning. Happens after every game so far tonight. PS4
  • I stopped playing after 2 of my 3 searches for games resulted in a freeze.
  • mrmojorisin77
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Inconsistent matchmaking this year! I hope they are gonna fix it for good.
  • Ya been having to restart the whole game after every match in order to play another!
  • Got back home after playing real hockey tonight. Tried for a 6v6 with low population and 38 second wait. Timed out and got the cancel bug, lol. First try. I think I'll go play some Forza instead. $70 dollars guys, hahaha.
  • I restart my console to , just to make sure! Haha!
  • I’m finding this happens mostly when searching for a game in EASHL 3s.

Happens alot in 6s too.

Happens alot in 6s too.
    True. For me it happens about 90% 3s, 50% 6s and never in Ones.
  • Is something going to be done about this?! It’s a game breaking issue right now!
  • Bump.
  • Nothing comming! They won’t answer! bump all day bro! EA DONT CARE they want $$$ HUT =$$$ and eashl = 0 do the math it’s easy to understand! welcome to society! the entire globe is this way! Every single shareholder company operates in the same manor. EA is no different from COKE, Walmart, or any other big stock out there blame the olive guy who took that one olive outta the can and became the president! It’s really that simple. It all boils down to making the shareholders their returns! End of story