EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Couple of bugs and customization

I’ve noticed a couple of bugs in the game. I usually play as the Carolina Hurricanes and I noticed that the primary mask is completely black now. Also when you start a new period and the camera zooms into the face-off, the ice looks like it wasn’t cleaned up and then when the camera pans out, the ice is clean. Maybe others have seen this.

On a side note, single player customization for create a team has been severely lacking in terms of quality. It is very bland and needs some retooling. The jerseys have been the same for years and they still use CCM instead of adidas. We should be allowed to create our own logos and jerseys. Just a thought.

Replies

• Ok, and why an NHL Goalie is not allowed to wear a mask from CHL Teams ? If you dress an NHL Goalie for example with the Erie Otters mask which is possible to do, you will see him in the game with a standard Goalie mask. So Developers please open that.
  • It’s black because the mask they had was Cam Ward’s actual “Wardo” mask. He now plays for Chicago. Not a bug, just an update. I’ll imagine that if you look at Chicago’s his mask may be there

No it’s not there. Even with all of the updates. The main Hurricanes helmet is jet-black. I don’t think Ward going to Chicago has anything to do with it.
  • It’s black because the mask they had was Cam Ward’s actual “Wardo” mask. He now plays for Chicago. Not a bug, just an update. I’ll imagine that if you look at Chicago’s his mask may be there

No it’s not there. Even with all of the updates. The main Hurricanes helmet is jet-black. I don’t think Ward going to Chicago has anything to do with it.

It did, because only that mask had approval from the artist to be in the game(Ward's Carolina mask). Same with LA's primary, it's Quick's actual mask.

That’s pretty dumb honestly. I hope the developers create a new primary and secondary mask for the Canes. They’ve been the same for a while.