EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Penalties

What gives with all of the penalties? I played an offline match yesterday and my team and the opposing team each took seven minor penalties. All the penalties were caused by the AI and each one was either for tripping or slashing.

The AI needs to be severely adjusted when it comes to taking penalties. Why would any player or team take seven minor penalties in a single game? All of them tripping and slashing.

Replies

• slaahjr99
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I know ... the game is horrible .... n on top of that the passing is way off... guy wide open n i know im directing the pass to him n it throws the put to the point .... like what is that ?
  • slaahjr99 wrote: »
    I know ... the game is horrible .... n on top of that the passing is way off... guy wide open n i know im directing the pass to him n it throws the put to the point .... like what is that ?

Verify your passing assist. Wouldn't be surprised you left it at 100.
  • What gives with all of the penalties? I played an offline match yesterday and my team and the opposing team each took seven minor penalties. All the penalties were caused by the AI and each one was either for tripping or slashing.

The AI needs to be severely adjusted when it comes to taking penalties. Why would any player or team take seven minor penalties in a single game? All of them tripping and slashing.

You have sliders in offline modes to make adjustments.
  • I’ve adjusted but still WAY TOO MANY PENALTIES. I mean no one is strong on their skates? One errant poke and it’s a penalty.
  • @TheCaniac17 Buddy, let me tell you, online.. it's even worse.

Ever since the demo came out months ago when we all first playing, I have had to hear it with the penalty sympathizers that I need to adjust my game. It's not the game's fault. I'm poking too much or stick lifting too much.

Apparently, the AI hasn't gotten the memo. Tuning the stick lift to create more penalties has made it worse, unfortunately. I mean.. I can't even fathom that the guys at EA looked at their behind the scenes statistics on penalties and thought doling out more penalties was a good idea. I only play Be A Pro offline and about 60% of the time, when I sim a shift, there's a PP/PK happening.

Let's all take a moment and appreciate the trainwreck.

bxWjsel.gif