EA Forums - Banner

Everything that is wrong with this game in one photo

Prev134567
I had to win this game with under a minute left in OT....Sickens me

6x9mgcklw9sm.png


Replies

  • That's the competitive game mode slider ... Wouldn't have been competitive if you scored 10 cross creases a game, their goalie has to stand on his head , so he has a chance at it feels competitive... We need full sim game slider ...
  • Funny how you can take a screenshot of after the game but can't clip any of the videos that are in the game action tracker 🤔
  • mlaeftkv4ait.jpg

    ...no comment
  • 4f26m2ltvrbc.png


    Man this goalie made a solid 10 cross creases saves too ... I mean only 7 goals, this dude was lucky as fudge he didn't get buried 20+ to 0
  • @DontNeedTips what does clipping videos have to do with anything?
  • @DontNeedTips what does clipping videos have to do with anything?

    Because your picture only proves that you were better defensively than your opponent. For all we know, those 35 shots you accrued were exactly the same. You could have been just entering the zone and taking slap shots from the point all game.

    Now I'm not saying that's true, but having video evidence demonstrating that you are truly being shafted in this game will definitely help your argument. We just have no idea how the game played out by just looking at numbers.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    You guys should check out the thread I made about this.

    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/230539/why-doesnt-this-game-ever-reward-great-play#latest

    @HockeyCityUSA Why do you keep questioning people when you can look at the pics they provide and get a clear sense of how they played. You did the same thing in my thread. People aren't imagining the disparity. Lots of shots, astronomical time on attack vs the other team and you're telling me all you can come up with is, "Maybe you're just entering the zone and taking slap shots."

    Tell me, in OP's pic, how does a ToT of 13+ minutes equate to poor in zone play where he's just taking slappers and just throwing shots on the net with a shot differential of 35 to 6.

    Or you can take a look at mine. And this is only a screen from one period.

    9u56g9K.png

    DMOQyGx.png

    Would you like to tell me that my team's taking poor shots, especially with a 0-1 outcome? Because I can guarantee, I've played more close games that should have been absolute blowouts than I can count.
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    4f26m2ltvrbc.png


    Man this goalie made a solid 10 cross creases saves too ... I mean only 7 goals, this dude was lucky as fudge he didn't get buried 20+ to 0

    In NHL 18, it would've definitely been 20-0 because I remember dominating in the majority of the games we had and the scoreboard showed it.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    You guys should check out the thread I made about this.

    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/230539/why-doesnt-this-game-ever-reward-great-play#latest

    @HockeyCityUSA Why do you keep questioning people when you can look at the pics they provide and get a clear sense of how they played. You did the same thing in my thread. People aren't imagining the disparity. Lots of shots, astronomical time on attack vs the other team and you're telling me all you can come up with is, "Maybe you're just entering the zone and taking slap shots."

    Tell me, in OP's pic, how does a ToT of 13+ minutes equate to poor in zone play where he's just taking slappers and just throwing shots on the net with a shot differential of 35 to 6.

    Or you can take a look at mine. And this is only a screen from one period.

    9u56g9K.png

    DMOQyGx.png

    Would you like to tell me that my team's taking poor shots, especially with a 0-1 outcome? Because I can guarantee, I've played more close games that should have been absolute blowouts than I can count.

    The reason I question is because I have had only one game occur like this and the only reason I lost was because of my poor defensive play. If I am outshooting my opponent, the score tends to look similar to @Dixonyu picture. So when I see pictures like the one you posted, I assume you are doing the same thing over and over when you enter the offensive zone.

    Based on your picture it looks like a majority of your shots came from the top of the circle and I am counting about 6 shots that look like they are from high scoring areas. So again, all I am seeing are pucks being thrown at the net. Video evidence can provide more detail on those shot attempts.

    I am not saying you're bad and I am good, nor am I attacking you. I'm just trying to point out that many players come in here stating the game is purposely making them lose yet there could possibly be an explanation providing why it's occuring.

    I would expect the same from you or anyone else if I begin posting pictures showing blowouts. Many will start to question my play and say I am glitching or cheating based off the pictures alone. But if I provide videos of how my goals are scored, you would see that I am pretty decent at cycling the puck around and I can get the puck to high scoting areas.
  • I had to win this game with under a minute left in OT....Sickens me

    6x9mgcklw9sm.png


    This is no indication of the quality of shots. Sure, 35 shots is very decent, but again, context.
  • @WainGretSki @HockeyCityUSA

    You guys always argue the same point. How would I be entering the zone and throwing trash shots on net with THIRTEEN minutes of TOA? I dont have the time to clip 35 videos from a game to prove to you all that I know how to get to scoring areas and take high quality shots. I have over 100 wins in VS play. Could I invite one of you to join me in a friendly VS game so that you can see im not entering the zone and slinging shots on net from the half wall?

    Furthermore, even IF thats exactly what I was doing, the rate at which EA rewards garbage goals this game should still never have sniffed OT to begin with. Moral of the story is this oppenent was ASTRONOMICALLY outmatched and I had to endure hand cramps and sweaty palms to steal a win in OT.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @WainGretSki @HockeyCityUSA

    You guys always argue the same point. How would I be entering the zone and throwing trash shots on net with THIRTEEN minutes of TOA? I dont have the time to clip 35 videos from a game to prove to you all that I know how to get to scoring areas and take high quality shots. I have over 100 wins in VS play. Could I invite one of you to join me in a friendly VS game so that you can see im not entering the zone and slinging shots on net from the half wall?

    Furthermore, even IF thats exactly what I was doing, the rate at which EA rewards garbage goals this game should still never have sniffed OT to begin with. Moral of the story is this oppenent was ASTRONOMICALLY outmatched and I had to endure hand cramps and sweaty palms to steal a win in OT.

    Who said anything about trash shots?

    Context. I will give you some right here and now:

    You are 3 feet to the right of the goalie, below the faceoff dots and approaching the goal line. You have a team mate open to the left of the goalie, 5 feet to his left and open for a one-timer. So what is the logical play here? Take a shot with practically no angle left on a settled goalie, or make the goalie move and pass that puck to the obvious and open player?

    If you were a goalie, how would you read that play? Of course. You would read the one-timer as well as it is the most obvious play, and the one that would generate the best scoring chance.

    Context.

    Besides, with all that time on attack, you could have just taken a 5 minute clip for any of those 3 periods.

    Were you home, or away during that game?

    How many of those shots were off the backhand, or just lobbed at the net near the crease the second you regained possession?
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    You guys trying to argue not enough evidence are being idiotic.

    I see similar stat lines to this all the time, complete and utter domination up and down the ice that result in 1 goal wins/losses.

    You guys really need to stop the "get good" nonsense.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    You guys trying to argue not enough evidence are being idiotic.

    I see similar stat lines to this all the time, complete and utter domination up and down the ice that result in 1 goal wins/losses.

    You guys really need to stop the "get good" nonsense.

    No problemo. Upload video of you completely "dominating" and we shall see.

    Out of curiosity, aren't you the one that made a couple of threads asking if you should buy 19 and a console or continue to play 14?
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    "Out of curiosity, aren't you the one that made a couple of threads asking if you should buy 19 and a console or continue to play 14? "

    Nope
  • I guarantee if you made a video showing you in the zone setting up real hockey plays for 15 minutes and not scoring that the same people would be here making up more excuses to defend the game.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    "I guarantee if you made a video showing you in the zone setting up real hockey plays for 15 minutes and not scoring that the same people would be here making up more excuses to defend the game. "

    Logical/observant conclusion based on these posters habits.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    nickels55 wrote: »
    I guarantee if you made a video showing you in the zone setting up real hockey plays for 15 minutes and not scoring that the same people would be here making up more excuses to defend the game.

    Well, you for one have been coming here for years and have always said nothing but bad things. Nothing is ever good enough for you, so don't think there is much anyone here that can show or say anything that will change your mind. I think your avatar says pretty much all there is to say.

    So, how is your accusation any different from what you actually do and post around here?

    You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion and I can respect that. But if you prefer to sit there and think that the game analyses your record and decides it's about time to steal a win from you, then by all means knock yourself out.

    Funny how people love to say that EA can't do anything right. Everything they touch goes to crap. Everything they fix just breaks 2 others things. Funny how this game programmed to get you and steal wins works perfectly.

    I guess some things just can't be explained.... Or maybe it's aliens. Yea, gotta be aliens. If it doesn't have a logical explanation, then it absolutely involves aliens.


    [Socair - edited swear filter effect]
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    You guys should check out the thread I made about this.

    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/230539/why-doesnt-this-game-ever-reward-great-play#latest

    @HockeyCityUSA Why do you keep questioning people when you can look at the pics they provide and get a clear sense of how they played. You did the same thing in my thread. People aren't imagining the disparity. Lots of shots, astronomical time on attack vs the other team and you're telling me all you can come up with is, "Maybe you're just entering the zone and taking slap shots."

    Tell me, in OP's pic, how does a ToT of 13+ minutes equate to poor in zone play where he's just taking slappers and just throwing shots on the net with a shot differential of 35 to 6.

    Or you can take a look at mine. And this is only a screen from one period.

    9u56g9K.png

    DMOQyGx.png

    Would you like to tell me that my team's taking poor shots, especially with a 0-1 outcome? Because I can guarantee, I've played more close games that should have been absolute blowouts than I can count.

    Those shots don't show how you actually shot. There's a big difference between settling and shooting than just throwing it on net the second you have an open lane. Just because your opponent scores more on less shots doesn't mean the game has some magic that is forcing you to lose. If you scored on less shots, would you blame the game for thinking you're bad at it and forcing you to win? It happens in the real world too. Look at the Coyotes for example. They have had a several games in this season alone where they outshot their opponents and lost. You think they're screaming at Bettman saying there's something unfair going on?
  • VIDSICIOUS
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My worst win ever happen in VS this year. I was ranked #2250 and my opponent #35. He dominated me in every way. I was out shot 38 - 9. I won 3-1. 3 trash goals I scored on 3 soft shots. I prob had 2min TOA to his 14min. Did not feel good about this undeserved win. I have lost games this way also.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.