EA Forums - Banner

Stop switching my control to another player on loss of puck

Kuus2
221 posts Member
edited October 2018
I hate it when the opponent managed to knock the puck off my stick and the game decides that I probably want to control the guy 100 miles away in the direction the puck slightly moves, instead of controlling the guy I had so I had a slightest chance of regaining the puck.

Yes, I could try and use the new R2+R-stick to get the control back, but by the time I get it the opponent is already half way up the ice, or at my net.

Also STOP THE FORCED SKATING on the pass receivers or at least let me override it JUST by using L-stick.

Replies

• Agree on both points. I'm curious about the logic on the player switching when the puck becomes immediately loose because rarely does it switch to the closest player.

Also on players breaking out is there a way to make them stop. I'll throw a pass up the boards and be holding back on the stick and the winger will keep auto skating towards the blue line and pull himself offsides before the pass gets there. Is there anyway to override that?
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    Agree on both points. I'm curious about the logic on the player switching when the puck becomes immediately loose because rarely does it switch to the closest player.

Also on players breaking out is there a way to make them stop. I'll throw a pass up the boards and be holding back on the stick and the winger will keep auto skating towards the blue line and pull himself offsides before the pass gets there. Is there anyway to override that?

They can stop it, all they need to do is give us puck pickups from last gen.
  • Yep, game is totally unplayable because of this. Hard hustle on a high dump in the corner? Just 1m away from the puck suddenly the game decides to take control of your defenceman 300miles away from the puck and you miss that little second to have a good forecheck.