EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive


Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Are Devs going to admit the Legends trick they pulled?

Prev13
Would love to hear them admit they purposely advertised Legends in a way to trick all of us that we'd be able to use them throughout the game and not just in the money hungry HUT.

Replies

  • Still waiting, just read review in game informer and not a. Mention of it. Guess it’s not that a big issue to some. I can honestly say I will never buy a ea game again and will recommend people don’t any chance I get
  • Don't take it out on all ea games just the british Columbia, Canada ea who make nhl series. These are the ones who have no business integrity!!! they are the problem management their are not worthy of customers support. take it out on the nhl series.
  • Agree with the point but you can use them in online versus, not just hut.
  • It's absolutely underhanded and ridiculous. Over A MONTH. "AAA developer" my backside. I refuse to believe their ages is any kind of a problem. Besides, EA were you really that stupid as to attempt put the legends in the game at their current ages? Just make them all 18 and give us the damn roster. But then again, they got their precious supplementary income from their lower sports title, so I doubt they give a crap.
  • RSall14
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    They probably don't have permission to put them in anything but HUT. There's no reason why it should take this long. Their code is a mess, touch one thing and it breaks another lol.
  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.
  • If that’s the case why did they advertise them in their teams jerseys??
  • Jeff14erin wrote: »
    If that’s the case why did they advertise them in their teams jerseys??

    Can you not play with NHL team jerseys in HUT? If you're saying you thought Legends would be in franchise based off an assumption, then EA did nothing wrong.

    Now I have no idea if EA posted they would be in franchise prior to the release of the game, but basing it on a picture seems silly to me.

  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    They are realy in the game ? You sure ? From my point of view the most are not in, only there names are. Faces are mostly generic. So if they are realy in, all should look like them in appearance too.
  • b6t5k0d1ovdv.png
    zn30ui4bxsfs.png
    wbg3s1f20nt5.png
    1wozz4ykfwtv.png
    Wasn’t these lists released like a day or two before it was available? This is what I was expecting day 1, two minutes months later still no
  • Jeff14erin wrote: »
    If that’s the case why did they advertise them in their teams jerseys??

    Can you not play with NHL team jerseys in HUT? If you're saying you thought Legends would be in franchise based off an assumption, then EA did nothing wrong.

    Now I have no idea if EA posted they would be in franchise prior to the release of the game, but basing it on a picture seems silly to me.

    I can understand the assumption arguement, but advertising the Legends with their teams, showing Gretzky hoisting the "Stanley Cup" but not saying anywhere that they would only be available in HUT and Play Now. No official statement, no comment, even though there were endless comments no answer to specify where they were available. I wouldn't be ticked if they had said "New Legends for HUT and Legend All Star teams for Play Now" but they didn't, they left it vague for reasons that only they would be able to answer.

  • SaydaNeen wrote: »
    Jeff14erin wrote: »
    If that’s the case why did they advertise them in their teams jerseys??

    Can you not play with NHL team jerseys in HUT? If you're saying you thought Legends would be in franchise based off an assumption, then EA did nothing wrong.

    Now I have no idea if EA posted they would be in franchise prior to the release of the game, but basing it on a picture seems silly to me.

    I can understand the assumption arguement, but advertising the Legends with their teams, showing Gretzky hoisting the "Stanley Cup" but not saying anywhere that they would only be available in HUT and Play Now. No official statement, no comment, even though there were endless comments no answer to specify where they were available. I wouldn't be ticked if they had said "New Legends for HUT and Legend All Star teams for Play Now" but they didn't, they left it vague for reasons that only they would be able to answer.

    Marketing ploy.
  • Froommey wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    They are realy in the game ? You sure ? From my point of view the most are not in, only there names are. Faces are mostly generic. So if they are realy in, all should look like them in appearance too.

    While some people might find this important, I really don’t care about it that much at all. When I’m playing I can’t see their faces and I don’t pay that much attention to the cut scenes on the bench or cellys.
  • Froommey wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    They are realy in the game ? You sure ? From my point of view the most are not in, only there names are. Faces are mostly generic. So if they are realy in, all should look like them in appearance too.

    While some people might find this important, I really don’t care about it that much at all. When I’m playing I can’t see their faces and I don’t pay that much attention to the cut scenes on the bench or cellys.

    Yes sure, YOU find it not important but many other want to have more realism as such small graphic details like player likenesses, new goalie masks, jerseys ..... If no real faces, what do YOU say if we play with fantasy names ? It gives different types of players. Some are Arcade players and some are real Hockey fanatics. From my side I understand and respect both sides and there wishes. By the way ...... all popular Sport games have much more player likenesses than EA NHL
  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    Except the commercial that shows Gretzky lifting the cup.
  • Gretzky lifting the Cup, promotional videos of legends on their actual teams outside of the 3's arena, an EA manager more than a month ago saying "there was something initially wrong, problem with ages in franchise, we're working on it" - this all points to the fact that EA NHL 19 was to have legends available for offline use Day 1.

    The fact that we haven't heard an update in more than a month is an absolute crock.
  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    Except the commercial that shows Gretzky lifting the cup.

    Again, I'm not trying to defend EA because I'm pretty sure Legends were supposed to be in offline modes, but Gretzky lifting the cup does not imply he can be used in franchise mode. Most of the videos they post for promotional use are not actual footage, so I wouldn't make an assumption based on that.

    Is there really no article or information about legends prior to release?
  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    Except the commercial that shows Gretzky lifting the cup.

    Again, I'm not trying to defend EA because I'm pretty sure Legends were supposed to be in offline modes, but Gretzky lifting the cup does not imply he can be used in franchise mode. Most of the videos they post for promotional use are not actual footage, so I wouldn't make an assumption based on that.

    Is there really no article or information about legends prior to release?

    Gretzky lifting the cup in the oilers uniform on the cover a game version labled legends edition implies it is possible to lift the cup with Gretzky in the game does it not? Sorry you are wrong. It is false advertising.
  • Jeff14erin wrote: »
    If that’s the case why did they advertise them in their teams jerseys??

    Can you not play with NHL team jerseys in HUT? If you're saying you thought Legends would be in franchise based off an assumption, then EA did nothing wrong.

    Now I have no idea if EA posted they would be in franchise prior to the release of the game, but basing it on a picture seems silly to me.

    Far as I remember EA stated you could use Legends in Franchise mode as well. Was on their Twitter page or something. Right now there is a glitch and that's why they aren't available yet, which alos confirms it should have been there on release, as advertised.
  • I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I ever saw anything that said you would be able to put legends into franchise, just that they would be in the game. And they are in the game.

    Except the commercial that shows Gretzky lifting the cup.

    Again, I'm not trying to defend EA because I'm pretty sure Legends were supposed to be in offline modes, but Gretzky lifting the cup does not imply he can be used in franchise mode. Most of the videos they post for promotional use are not actual footage, so I wouldn't make an assumption based on that.

    Is there really no article or information about legends prior to release?

    Gretzky lifting the cup in the oilers uniform on the cover a game version labled legends edition implies it is possible to lift the cup with Gretzky in the game does it not? Sorry you are wrong. It is false advertising.

    Um, no that is not an implication. That just means they used a picture of Gretzky holding the cup...

    If you can provide information that states the Legends were supposed to be in Franchise from the beginning, then that's your evidence. The only article I found was from this site:

    https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2018/nhl-19-legends-ratings-top-10-blog

    16i0hjo476lt.png

    In the picture I provided, it says the Legends are "Available in multiple modes", but no where does it say it will be in franchise. I'm not saying it shouldn't be in there, but this is the closest thing I am seeing to EA implying they will be available in franchise mode. A picture of Gretzky holding the cup from 1980 something does not imply this.

    So again, instead of blaming EA without any proof, do some research and see if it were true from the get go. I have already started for you, but I'm done as I don't care about the legends in the game. I just like a good debate B)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!