EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Tuner 1.03 - Expected Availability October 24th @ 2am PST

Prev1
Ty_Hors
54 posts Community Manager
edited October 24

This tuner is aimed to help address two major areas of feedback we have seen from the community: the prevelance of Skillzone defense and incidental contact/bumps being too strong.

• Tuned down AI aggression towards the puck carrier and loose pucks in Online VS and HUT
  • Further muting of AI defensive actions in Online VS and HUT. There will still be some rare cases where the AI will perform a defensive action if the puck comes loose as we want them to defend passes and their logic works similar on pass receptions and loose puck acquisition.
  • Improved cases where an AI goalie was reacting too quickly to passes even when not reading a pass.
  • Improved cases where an AI goalie was able to recover too easily against their momentum.
  • Improved cases where goaltender passes were getting overly assisted
  • Improved some cases where players would sometimes lose the puck from incidental contacts that weren’t big enough to trigger a stumble. This was done by increasing the distance the puck needs to be from the stick for incidental puck loss. Collisions of stumbles or greater remained unchanged and will follow the same physics behavior as before.
  • Improved a player’s ability to withstand push checks at lower relative speeds, especially from behind. Results will still vary based on the players involved and the more detailed context of the collision.

We’re continuing to monitor some other major areas of feedback from the community, however at this time we have not implemented any changes. These include skating and poke checking.

Replies

• If the tuner plays as indicated in these notes it will be good as these have been huge issues in HUT since the recent tuner. Personally though I think you should go back to what the game was in September and build from there. Game had far less glaring issues and overall was much more fun.
  • I’m just worried that the game
    Is going to turn into holding puck away at slow speed and being immune to contact so you have to try to hit the guy off the puck but he is immune you lose all your speed he takes a
    Few strides towards the middle and slows down and snipes you and your opponent does it over and over the only variation in skating behind the net protecting puck and one player again is unable to challenge the puck carrier so when two players commit they will now be able to pass through your defenders as if they are ghosts for the one timer and abuse that. The game was great at launch.
  • S5andman
    13 posts Member
    edited October 24
    Just sounds like it’s going to make puck carriers immune to contact at low speed and if they hold puck away you will get penalty trying to stick lift or poke check, if an nhl player of any size does this he would be bodied up on and that non moving stick whacked easily and the puck taken from them. Or they would never be able to face up on net because even the smaller player would have significant leverage against them, get low and get inside their hands with the body, can’t really do that in the video game. Again the game was really good at launch.
  • What about the penalties against AI in HUT? :worried:
  • I found that the pre-release was far better no input lag, no excessive speed. Now, Sometimes there player are faster then mine like Lafleur and my Lafleur is slower then the opponent and I have the burner and speedster on.
    Specially the high slot wrist shot that always goes in, doesn't make any sens
    Specially when there's no one in front and the goalie is a 89 and can't stop the Puck
    Be nice to take this away so the game become more stratégique then just trying to skate in and make that lame shot
  • Is it just me can other people change the AI strategy off agressive in eashl I can change everything else but the strategy Its like it’s stuck there
  • KidShowtime1867
    471 posts Member
    edited October 24
    Ty_Hors wrote: »

[*] Tuned down AI aggression towards the puck carrier and loose pucks in Online VS and HUT
    [*] Further muting of AI defensive actions in Online VS and HUT. There will still be some rare cases where the AI will perform a defensive action if the puck comes loose as we want them to defend passes and their logic works similar on pass receptions and loose puck acquisition.

Sigh

So now when pressuring a puck carrier in the neutral zone - I need to either pick between controlling the pressuring winger or the defenceman anticipating the rush.

Picking the backchecking forward means the d-man will not take any defensive action.

Picking the d-man means it's easy street through the neutral zone.

I understand skill-zoning is a problem for some people - but at the end of the day nobody can control 5 skaters at once. At some point, the A.I. needs to take action and 'muting' them just means that OVP and HUT are turning more and more in to 'twitch' games rather than strategic use of both A.I. strategies and user skill.

I would much rather see A.I. 'muting' only in the defensive zone - where skill zoning is really OP.

On the forecheck or the neutral zone, A.I. should not be 'muted' and should attempt some action when in position to do so.

On the opposition breakout, if I want to use my center to clog up a long pass, why should my forechecking forward just give a 'pass' to their player exiting their own zone?

• If I see a freelance player walking forward and then I pass him, why does the player just turn away? In this situation, there is no player change.

And if the puck is gone by shot or poke check, why is not the closest player activated, but a player who has nothing to do with the action? Complete nonsense
  • So what about the constant penalties against AI in HUT? I mean tune down the tripping calls. I mean you want us not to poke check so much so we use stick lift and what do you know..... A SLASHING penalty. Like COME ON GUYS
  • Does anyone actually have an observation of this new tuner in action today? Or people just gonna complain about the same stuff here? I thought this thread was for feedback on the tuner itself?
  • I wish you guys were still going to update the new Center ice surfaces.. some teams have changed their ice surfaces this season
  • Improved a player’s ability to withstand push checks at lower relative speeds, especially from behind. Results will still vary based on the players involved and the more detailed context of the collision.

Very interesting guys. Hopefully this ends up being more realistic. My gripe was just that, "lower relative speeds," because even smaller guys like Kane and Gaudreau use their body to shield puck away. Thanks for looking into this.
  • Ty_Hors wrote: »

[*] Tuned down AI aggression towards the puck carrier and loose pucks in Online VS and HUT
    [*] Further muting of AI defensive actions in Online VS and HUT. There will still be some rare cases where the AI will perform a defensive action if the puck comes loose as we want them to defend passes and their logic works similar on pass receptions and loose puck acquisition.

Sigh

So now when pressuring a puck carrier in the neutral zone - I need to either pick between controlling the pressuring winger or the defenceman anticipating the rush.

Picking the backchecking forward means the d-man will not take any defensive action.

Picking the d-man means it's easy street through the neutral zone.

I understand skill-zoning is a problem for some people - but at the end of the day nobody can control 5 skaters at once. At some point, the A.I. needs to take action and 'muting' them just means that OVP and HUT are turning more and more in to 'twitch' games rather than strategic use of both A.I. strategies and user skill.

I would much rather see A.I. 'muting' only in the defensive zone - where skill zoning is really OP.

On the forecheck or the neutral zone, A.I. should not be 'muted' and should attempt some action when in position to do so.

On the opposition breakout, if I want to use my center to clog up a long pass, why should my forechecking forward just give a 'pass' to their player exiting their own zone?

Maybe in the neutral zone a little, but they are fine on the forecheck, they put some pressure but they wont automatically take the puck off you no problem
  • Defense gimped again while more given to offense and the puck carrier. With hair trigger penalties to poke, stick lift, and the DSS being useless because players aren't afraid of it and skate into it to draw the penalty, you've gimped the D's ability to check at lower speeds to dislodge the puck and are now forcing the D to be more speedy with their checks.. which will lead to charging penalties. It's all good, maybe we can cough on those twitch dekers to dislodge the puck.

On a serious note, can't wait to try the tuner tonight. At least it sounds like they've rolled back the spider senses on goalies and more deserving tic tac toe goals should happen.
  • Please FIX the UNREALISTIC stick lift. Stick lifting from underneath an opponents stick equates to a penalty about 0.5% of the time in real life...
  • Sorry, the new update in the HUT is the purest catastrophe
    everything worse. Now not even NHL player Stamkos 85 has a chance of sprinting against a player with Sprint 71.
    Goodness ea
    What's next? that the human players have only 3 players left on the ice?
  • So I take it this means we are still waiting for the "Dressing Room Error" fix in World of Chel? ...awesome
  • So I take it this means we are still waiting for the "Dressing Room Error" fix in World of Chel? ...awesome

Relax, I think that's an issue for a patch update, not a tuner type update.
  • dustmann wrote: »
    Sorry, the new update in the HUT is the purest catastrophe
    everything worse. Now not even NHL player Stamkos 85 has a chance of sprinting against a player with Sprint 71.
    Goodness ea
    What's next? that the human players have only 3 players left on the ice?

What is sprint?
  • sorry Speed