EA Forums - Banner

Can someone please explain why...

...if the feedback from the beta was so overwhelmingly positive (BEST NHL THIS GEN!!!!!), why has the game changed so much since then?

What is the business logic or underlying logic behind all the changes? Not trolling, just curious.

Has the new tuner yielded a post-release spike in sales or game traffic/activity? More first time HUT pack buyers? Context here would be helpful.

Cheers!

Replies

• I posted this on another thread a while back, but I'll put it here as well.

You have to remember, EA caters to all the kids who can't play the game without glitches or knowing what real hockey is, so they go backwards EVERY year after the initial release, and this year, after the BETA, which I enjoyed WAY more than what I'm playing now.
  • I'm curious too. Good question.
  • kabbott50 wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread a while back, but I'll put it here as well.

You have to remember, EA caters to all the kids who can't play the game without glitches or knowing what real hockey is, so they go backwards EVERY year after the initial release, and this year, after the BETA, which I enjoyed WAY more than what I'm playing now.

Well said sir well said ...a once promising game that should have been 19 turns into 18 a tedious and boring game
  • I'm pretty sure I know why the changed the skating. People were complaining about people abusing the back skate.

However I'm pretty sure tuning agility isn't the answer to eliminating the back skating issue.
  • OvenMitts91
    66 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    kabbott50 wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread a while back, but I'll put it here as well.

I get that- I’m curious if the tuner causes this cohort to play the game more, or buy more HUT packs. They’ve already purchased the game so that monetary component is out the window. So it’s either:

- Tuning the game to accommodate “noobs” increases the level of activity within the game/community.

Or

- Tuning the game creates a better attachment/retention rate to HUT which means more $$ spent.

If those are true- OK I get it. If they aren’t, then why on earth do they tune the game to counter the prevailing sentiment of “the game is the best it’s been in years.”

• I'd be thrilled if they removed the tuner and just left it alone, I'll deal with the other things. But after the tuner this game is just horrible to play.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I was pumped about the Beta and I kept telling myself,it wont be like the Beta and sure enough!.
    I play the game as a sim NHL game style..but even that is hard when EA's machanics are sooooo clunky!.
  • Its simple... nerf the game, People get frustrated and buy more packs

EA's #1 priority is make more money , as the base price of a game isnt enough anymore...

Everyone loved the beta, so everyone bought it. Now the objective is tweaking and tuning anything they can so they can sell more packs. It's so stupidly obvious and we're all suckers for falling for it every year
  • I've been confused with the decisions so far.

Changed the poke check even though the response here seemed 50/50, fine. Changed the much more egregious sticklifts due to overwhelming requests but seem to have just made the penalties random, fine.
    Make us less likely to pick up pucks, don't see the logic but it's not too horrible, fine.
    Tuned the skating even though not one person was saying anything negative, and often referred to it as much improved or the best thing year, huh?

My friends and I have been playing less with the new changes and are disappointed once you toss in all the technical difficulties present in this year's game.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I wanna see what they do with TODAY's Tuner..and if it's the BETA! I will crack and buy it..but who's to say another will dumb everything down in two monthes?.