EA Forums - Banner

World Gaming Tounament 19? Esport thoughts...

Above1988
80 posts Member
edited October 2018
Well I'm going to break from the usual "this game is trash" rant and talk about something positive.

Regarding the next world gaming championship and EA NHL being taken seriously as an esport, I had an idea of the format of how games should be played .

Instead of online vs., where everyone picks the same 2 or 3 top teams, why not do something closer to a draft champions format?? Maybe Not exactly draft champions but somewhat of a hut hybrid, tournament style!

So like draft champions, both players are given the SAME lineups of players, maybe 70-75 OVR , then over 12 rounds are given a choice of the SAME elite cards to fit into their respective teams.

This would not only test players hockey IQ and gaming skill but also challenge their knowledge of players and how to use them in rotation most effectively based on their unique skillset. Some may choose the high speed puck danglers while others may opt for the 200 ft two way players.

I think this would make the games much more interesting and exciting, instead of watching who's the best at Pittsburgh vs Pittsburgh over and over again.

Replies

• Any attempt by EA to break into esports world for NHL should be played in 6s only. This isn't even a discussion.

• Any attempt by EA to break into esports world for NHL should be played in 6s only. This isn't even a discussion.

...but they have, and it wasnt, sooo.....
  • And the choice to do OVP was widely
    Regarded by most EANHL fans as a dumb move, while understanding why it was easier for OVP, nobody in the gaming world took it remotely seriously(as an actual esport). Doubly for the EANHL world