EA Forums - Banner

Just bring the beta back....

I cant even anymore....

The game is worse than ever. It's gotten progressively worse every tuner since the beta.

Now defense is just completely eliminated. Its nhl 16 all over again. Cant hit. Cant poke. Puck carrier just skates around in circles endlessly.

They just dont get it...its like they dont even play this game. They focus so much on the AI and keep handicapping the players abilities.

EA's obsessive fixing of things that arent broken has just got to stop.

The beta was great EA! Stop second guessing yourself and catering to all the whiners!

Now I feel guilty because I've voiced my own share of complaints and all it's gotten me is a watered down version of what was once a decent hockey video game...

Just take us back to the beta EA...maybe you can start over again and redeem yourself for NHL 20

Replies

• Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We all had limited time with the beta, so I wouldn’t be ready to say it was better.

It certainly was more fun, the time I had with it. Even in its current state the game undoubtedly still is more fun than 18.

Maybe the game is taking itself little bit too seriously? Or maybe the players are making it little bit too serious? (myself included)

There is a reason why I take the time to grind myself to Top 100 in Threes.
  • Noooooo...

Go. To your tuner change it and you will see the beta wasn't so hot, neither was day 1 tuner ...

• I completely agree. Bring back v1.0

Now danglers are able to deflect body checks from enforcers. All they do is curl the stick back while turning away from the hit and you guessed it, just like water on a duck's back. Now you need decent momentum to hit a freaking dangler....... Unreal. Funny thing though, AI can smash players even at a standstill.

I paid for NHL 19 based of what I saw in the beta. I did not pay for a temporary game while you guys completed the transition to NHL 18. Thank God I bought a physical copy this year that I can sell.

The last time I get duped.
  • I think every serious player would vote to yes return the game to beta why don’t you hold a poll @EA_Roger
  • Do a poll, ea.
  • ya bring back the beta were drop ins worked 1 out of a 100 times because of freezing before puck drop............................................ Nah im good with broken matchmaking than a broken game in general
  • ya bring back the beta were drop ins worked 1 out of a 100 times because of freezing before puck drop............................................ Nah im good with broken matchmaking than a broken game in general

You do know that match making has absolutely nothing to do with the game's tuning, right?

You do know that match making has absolutely nothing to do with the game's tuning, right?

OP says bring back Beta not go back to release tuner

OP says bring back Beta not go back to release tuner

He means the tuning from the beta, not the beta with all the connections issues, obviously...
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Noooooo...

Go. To your tuner change it and you will see the beta wasn't so hot, neither was day 1 tuner ...

When it comes to EASHL, the beta gameplay was incredibly more fun than it currently is. Guess I should switch back to playing C and collect garbage goals. Seems more fun than playing D....

Just to clarify I was talking about “beta gameplay” the servers and matchmaking still need to be fixed of course I see them as separate issues and not tied together. The gameplay is not causing the crashing, freezing or matchmaking errors.