EA Forums - Banner

Camera(s) What do you use?

2Next

Replies

• I use my cell phone camera
  • I prefer overhead but if I was playing threes or sixes then I'd switch to zone so I could see more of the rink. Saw a comment that overhead meant you can't shoot see to shoot on the goalie - not sure what this means but I can see where my team mates are and have no problem directing my shots high or low to the left or right (or 5 hole) of the goalie so this gets my vote.
  • Ahh. Many of the goals these days which people are calling glitch or short side cheese are the result of the goalies angles, how the hedge when someone else is around etc. as are the seams which open and close as players move around the ice. I can shoot where I’m ‘supposed’ to be shooting all day, that’s different from seeing it materialize as your rushing in ice level.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • I've used ice for years. I find overhead is too far away from the action and feels like I'm watching a game from the nose bleeds.

Ice let's me see the majority of the ice, while still being fairly close to the action.
  • Short side cheese isn't that - if you watch real hockey you see so many goals when players are let into the slot and take a wrist shot it's a high percentage shot which is in the game so I'm fine with it.

Also the short side aspect of it is because when your skater moves toward the centre of the ice of course the goalie must respect that and move of the post a little or risk leaving the far side wide open - accurate snipers with powerful wrist shots can take advantage of this just like McDavid, Crosby, Ovi, Laine etc. do in the real world.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Short side cheese isn't that - if you watch real hockey you see so many goals when players are let into the slot and take a wrist shot it's a high percentage shot which is in the game so I'm fine with it.

Also the short side aspect of it is because when your skater moves toward the centre of the ice of course the goalie must respect that and move of the post a little or risk leaving the far side wide open - accurate snipers with powerful wrist shots can take advantage of this just like McDavid, Crosby, Ovi, Laine etc. do in the real world.

For me it’s more the puck ragging that I hate more than anything else. If someone can get into the slot and get a good wrister off then he deserves a good scoring chance. Puck ragging just makes it too easy to get that shot.
  • For me it’s more the puck ragging that I hate more than anything else. If someone can get into the slot and get a good wrister off then he deserves a good scoring chance. Puck ragging just makes it too easy to get that shot.

Totally agree - hopefully the adjustments we see after the beta tuner comes out again where you could bump people around a bit more should help with this.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Short side cheese isn't that - if you watch real hockey you see so many goals when players are let into the slot and take a wrist shot it's a high percentage shot which is in the game so I'm fine with it.

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I completely agree with this, my point was the lower cameras make the goalies positioning easier to understand, to the extent that it makes comments like glitch goal/short side cheese not make sense. Also, I completely agree with the ragging, on any given day I want nothing more than to put those guys through the boards..

Let’s be real. On the ice..the real ice..if I’m defending a play my eyes are locked into the incoming players solar plexus, all the flash and raggin in the world isn’t breaking my focus to make me look down at that puck. Pokes are made through peripheral vision period. Anything else and your jocks sitting there spinning, as the offensive player blows by...and you can be sure that nobody’s going to be seeing any pucks..at least for the first 90min of the next practice :p
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..