EA Forums - Banner

Gold packs with low rares

I bought the gold pack and the highest card I get is a 79 lol, 4 low rares. How many others has this happened too? I only bought the pack to get an 80 to trade in for a gold card of a legend I’m working on. I can’t even get an 80, I wasn’t even trying for a high card, I want to use my legend I’ve been grinding for. Just another reason why this will be the last year I buy hockey!!

Replies

• it does say it's not guaranteed. your rolled the dice and lost. yeah, it sucks.. but you'll need to grind it out for a few more days.
  • I bought the gold pack and the highest card I get is a 79 lol, 4 low rares. How many others has this happened too? I only bought the pack to get an 80 to trade in for a gold card of a legend I’m working on. I can’t even get an 80, I wasn’t even trying for a high card, I want to use my legend I’ve been grinding for. Just another reason why this will be the last year I buy hockey!!

i'm usng my gold rares for collectables too and it's a better value to by in the Auction House than waste coins or points on a pack. i picked up a couple dozen gold rare cards over the weekend and didn't go over 5K on any card.
  • I understand that and I should of just bought a card off the market. I just thought maybe I’ll get a low 80 and some extra cards to complete some sets. Messed up thing is, i usually average an 80-81 guy every pull lol.
  • I bought the gold pack and the highest card I get is a 79 lol, 4 low rares. How many others has this happened too? I only bought the pack to get an 80 to trade in for a gold card of a legend I’m working on. I can’t even get an 80, I wasn’t even trying for a high card, I want to use my legend I’ve been grinding for. Just another reason why this will be the last year I buy hockey!!

hallo

you'll have to spend more on the money, maybe you'll get a player of 82 or more.
    And the Christmas bonus for EA Sports employees is secured :-)
  • I understand that and I should of just bought a card off the market. I just thought maybe I’ll get a low 80 and some extra cards to complete some sets. Messed up thing is, i usually average an 80-81 guy every pull lol.

yeah, it's always so tempting to take a stab at pulling something actually worth a few coins. I haven't pulled a damn thing this year.
  • I pulled out of a 35000 pack TOTW Rantanen, 88 Hull, and 87 Smith.... i actually think you either get 0 good cards or you get 2 or more the way they programmed them, i.e., it's not as random as it should be.
  • detoxxcxx
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Packs are a waste of money. I rather just play the AH to get players since pack odds are so bad

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I’m having much better luck in the exchange than with packs. I don’t buy packs but I still get 2 gold packs every Monday from my preorder. I get total junk but in the exchange I’ve pulled and use in my line up;
    87 alumni Bernie Parent
    85 TOTW Rantanan
    85 Taylor Hall
    85 Victor Hedman
    84 Shane Gostibierre
    And the pull of all pulls tonight in the exchange.....91 Prime Time Rare McDavid

I’ve also pulled
    John Tavares, Anze Kopitar, Roman Josi,, Kris Letang, and Almuni Igor Larionov that I don’t use.

• Opened my free pack just now. 2 bronze coaches, 3 silver logos, 4 injury cards and a 74 overall player. Come on. This is beyond bad. This is insulting.
  • Opened my free pack just now. 2 bronze coaches, 3 silver logos, 4 injury cards and a 74 overall player. Come on. This is beyond bad. This is insulting.

agreed.

i get 2 a week and there has been no value in those packs, it's basically set fodder. i have been able to sell some of the sweaters, logos and arenas in the Auction House. they could at least toss in a collectable to help with the upgrades.