EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

First time ever I agreed with BaconCountry

Prev134

Replies

• Cleanse the gamechangers.
  • I agree with some of what he says but don't the gamechangers go pre-beta and pre-release? Most of the games issues this year have been adjustments made after the release, I don't think that's on the gamechangers.
  • I can't stand listening to Bacon, but I do agree, hitting needs to be fixed. It's funny because I was one of the players who was requesting it to be nerfed after the beta.

I was knocking people over with playmakers and danglers quite easily. Now it's a rarity to see a player get smoked and when they do, there is a charching/boarding call attached to the big hit.

Anyways, jump to the big save at the 4:20 mark. I'm not trying to derail this thread, (I know this probably will) but i am assuming Bacon is the weaker team in this thread. How else would this save have ever occurred? (Sarcasm btw)

I shouldn't be throwing shade at some of the members on this forum, but I just want to say that he completely outplayed his opponent and buried his high percentage shots. Now I know he's not showing the entire game, nor is he showing 4-5 straight games, but do people really believe that he all of a sudden, would stop scoring for a game or two against weaker teams?

I try to state this as much as I possibly can, I am not good at this game, maybe at best, average. However, I do not lose games like these when I am given those opportunities. Now I have definitely lost games, and I have definitely outshot opponents by large margins and still have lost. But the context of the game explains the stats that is seen after the game. That's why I try to ask for videos to see why the games that are being questioned are occuring.

Now if that specific save is occurring 3, 4, or 5 times in a game, then I think you have a real case. Hopefully you can clip that and post it to get EAs attention. But I think that would be a rarity.
  • You've got to be kidding me.

The reason this game went hot garbage is because the top players asked for this?
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    He’s Bang on! the hitting bubble is rediculious in the corners and in front of the net. Hitting since the last tuner is horrid. Especially at slower speeds. Don’t understand how they could take it out. As a Dman I should be able to shove guys out of the front of net almost impossible to box out now. Guys just bounce off me. You’ll hit in the corner or side boards once maybe twice or three times and the other guy still comes up with the puck. Defence has nothing besides a dss that has to be perfectly placed everytime. All because the “one man shows” complain they can’t score anymore. And don’t know how to make a pass or play as a team to beat the Defense.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me.

The reason this game went hot garbage is because the top players asked for this?

Yeah not the first time I 'm hearing this... Sick.
  • jiajji wrote: »

Some of these guys would stream and complain and whine how the goalies were too hard to score on or how easy they got knocked off the puck and EA catered to them by making the goalies trash the cheesy short side wrister returned and of course the the protect the puck bubble
  • PadrinoIV
    884 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jiajji wrote: »

Some of these guys would stream and complain and whine how the goalies were too hard to score on or how easy they got knocked off the puck and EA catered to them by making the goalies trash the cheesy short side wrister returned and of course the the protect the puck bubble

Very frustrating. Hard is good. The bump was good. Damn cheese.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • The irony is that the way to make this game great is to watch the top players and tune the exploits they use out. Once they're playing something that looks like hockey you've got yourself a game
  • Some top players are very creative when playing the game example Nuge in my opinion and of course a few others but the ones who again in my opinion ruin the game is the ones that use every exploit and glitch over and over again it makes the game just tedious and boring
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »

I thought it was just me noticing goalies were letting in more garbage.

Anyone else notice that goalies barleu ever save 2 on 1 short side shots? It’s damn near impossible to play a 2 on 1 correctly. You can take away the pass and the goalie will let in way too much. Don’t want to take the pass and play the shooter? That will open up a one timer and that goes in. What am I supposed to do as a defensemen? Also, as anyone noticed that backhand forehand backhand breakaway move from NHL 18 only came back tuners and patches? Because I tried that when the game came out and it was impossible to do, which I liked.

There’s no doubt defense got nerfed. Too many times I poke the puck a good angle and the puck rarely will go in another direction.

If it is because the game changers had EA nerf goalies and defense then that’s an embarrassment. Games don’t need to 9 to 8 every game. Sometimes grinding out, getting a few hard fought goals is a lot more fun than games being 9 to 8.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    PadrinoIV wrote: »

Anyone else notice that goalies barleu ever save 2 on 1 short side shots? It’s damn near impossible to play a 2 on 1 correctly. You can take away the pass and the goalie will let in way too much. Don’t want to take the pass and play the shooter? That will open up a one timer and that goes in. What am I supposed to do as a defensemen? Also, as anyone noticed that backhand forehand backhand breakaway move from NHL 18 only came back tuners and patches? Because I tried that when the game came out and it was impossible to do, which I liked.

There’s no doubt defense got nerfed. Too many times I poke the puck a good angle and the puck rarely will go in another direction.

If it is because the game changers had EA nerf goalies and defense then that’s an embarrassment. Games don’t need to 9 to 8 every game. Sometimes grinding out, getting a few hard fought goals is a lot more fun than games being 9 to 8.

Low scoring games arent fun for the changers that just open packs on stream and play HUT. 99% of them are hut players that get destroyed in 6v6 EASHL.

The ones that are supposed to help create a better game are actually the ones who destroyed it
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

Low scoring games arent fun for the changers that just open packs on stream and play HUT. 99% of them are hut players that get destroyed in 6v6 EASHL.

Anytime I went on twitch for NHL just to scope around, I swear I didn’t see any gameplay.

The ones that are supposed to help create a better game are actually the ones who destroyed it

It certainly seems that way. I don’t see the fun hitting cheese over and again.
  • And now when you play I would say about 75 % of the games are the cheesers trying the cheesy wrister or spinning around and around in the corner waitng for a one timer and of course the forehand back hand, gaming is boring

This, and I'd say that 20% of the time I block a shot it deflects off of me & into the goal.
  • Yeah he’s dead on.

And if the game changers were the reason for the changes they need to never have anything to do with this series again. I don’t care how much better they are than me.

Would love to hear the real reasons from the devs. Its just so hard to understand (including on goalies). Where are they on this?
  • Yeah he’s dead on.

And if the game changers were the reason for the changes they need to never have anything to do with this series again. I don’t care how much better they are than me.

Would love to hear the real reasons from the devs. Its just so hard to understand (including on goalies). Where are they on this?

I don't think the Devs will ever admit to this in my opinion game charges should be different every year
  • I can't stand listening to Bacon, but I do agree, hitting needs to be fixed. It's funny because I was one of the players who was requesting it to be nerfed after the beta.

I was knocking people over with playmakers and danglers quite easily. Now it's a rarity to see a player get smoked and when they do, there is a charching/boarding call attached to the big hit.

Anyways, jump to the big save at the 4:20 mark. I'm not trying to derail this thread, (I know this probably will) but i am assuming Bacon is the weaker team in this thread. How else would this save have ever occurred? (Sarcasm btw)

I shouldn't be throwing shade at some of the members on this forum, but I just want to say that he completely outplayed his opponent and buried his high percentage shots. Now I know he's not showing the entire game, nor is he showing 4-5 straight games, but do people really believe that he all of a sudden, would stop scoring for a game or two against weaker teams?

I try to state this as much as I possibly can, I am not good at this game, maybe at best, average. However, I do not lose games like these when I am given those opportunities. Now I have definitely lost games, and I have definitely outshot opponents by large margins and still have lost. But the context of the game explains the stats that is seen after the game. That's why I try to ask for videos to see why the games that are being questioned are occuring.

Now if that specific save is occurring 3, 4, or 5 times in a game, then I think you have a real case. Hopefully you can clip that and post it to get EAs attention. But I think that would be a rarity.

In hut you also have to remember that he's using elite shooters on every line so those goals go in more than not. It's more of an issue in VS. In VS, it's easy to score with Crosby, not so much with any of the 4th line guys. And yes, this should be this way, but not when you're getting to the best spots on the ice and shooting beautiful shots with those 4th liners. A good shot is a good shot, but the attributes override the quality of shot in this game.