EA Forums - Banner

Change Superstar difficulty to Impossible difficulty

What's the point of superstar mode when EA codes the AI to win 95% of faceoffs and the slowest player in the world on the enemy team is just as fast if not faster than your fastest player? Why code the opposition to never make mistakes with n without the puck? Why program the ai to be basically unbeatable because there's no physical limitation on reaction time between stimulus and response and no inherent imperfection with execution as there are in humans? At least code it so the team humans play with is also on superstar and not stuck on pro. Not only do you have to figure out the other team, your teammates constantly go offside, skate into n you lose the puck, have no idea how to get open to receive passes or set up for 1xers. EA can manage to make the ai good proof offline yet can't do the same with the ai in EASHL where it should be set on that difficulty level.

Replies

• Farseglaren
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Allstar is too easy and superstar too difficult for me on full sim. Ai cant seem to score on either though. But on superstar my shots are all over the place or straight at the goalie so i AVG like two goals a game..
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    yep. i can't compete on any level over pro.

i might get a goal in all-star but its usually a deflection or an own goal when i do. every once in awhile i can take a slapshot and have it bounce over the goalie into the net but i never win.
  • The thing is why do my players look and play the Mighty Ducks movie kids and the opposing team plays a flawless game?
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Change your strategies to contain puck and collapsing. The AI play more like real hockey. They work the puck around and find the open space. Which they often do since most people chase for hits and leave wide open scoring chances. Watch real hockey and emulate it. That's what the AI is doing. They're waiting for you to give them an opening and you do because you're trying to take their heads off and dangle around them. Block their chances and move the puck when you're on offense. You'll find it's challenging, but not impossible.
  • It honestly feels like instead of making the ai more difficult, they just handicap your team instead. Shots not even hitting the net from the slot is disturbingly common vs superstar.

And it would be great if there was just an ounce of realism with the cpu ai. Not sure what players or teams they are basing superstar difficulty on but no team in the history of this sport has ever had that kind of cyborg laser passing/shooting.

Not even a Team Canada with Gretzky and Lemieux could pass or set up plays the way the cpu does on superstar, so what is the difficulty even based off of? It’s just incredibly unrealistic.

• On all star I’m still getting pick pocketed from behind and the difference in poke checking makes no sense. I truly believe they don’t play the game. I understand it’s not supposed to be easy on the top two levels against the ai, but really, really lol. I don’t chase in my zone and I’m still trying to find the right defense. Blocking shots and faceoffs are a joke for stars, I would love to see one of them do it. Synergies don’t mean a thing, 99 speed means nothing against the ai. I love hockey, but very much dislike this game!! I cycle the puck and pray my pass goes where I’m aiming it or they get that great knock down on a lift pass with his back to the play. That’s one of my favorites the ai can do lol.
  • It honestly feels like instead of making the ai more difficult, they just handicap your team instead. Shots not even hitting the net from the slot is disturbingly common vs superstar.

And it would be great if there was just an ounce of realism with the cpu ai. Not sure what players or teams they are basing superstar difficulty on but no team in the history of this sport has ever had that kind of cyborg laser passing/shooting.

Not even a Team Canada with Gretzky and Lemieux could pass or set up plays the way the cpu does on superstar, so what is the difficulty even based off of? It’s just incredibly unrealistic.

Totally agree. Ever notice that all the bad players in the real NHL are gods in this game? Every no name, 4th line grinder/power forward are the only ones who score on you, yet no superstar players do? Same with goalies. You can easily chase elite netminder out of the game but the backups and call ups are brick walls.