EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Silence is infuriating

13Next

Replies

• EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    In the that nhl gif with the Jets, that is bad defense. It’s was a nice shot. But you cannot let someone get in like that.

I think people see complaining about that cheese from there is because it wasn’t as good earlier in the year. It’s obvious they nerfed the goalies to let that happen.

Yes it's bad defense. That's precisely my point.

No, goalies haven't been 'nerfed'.

You used a GIF of a guy in-between the dots at the hasmarks, cutting across the net on his off-wing scoring to justify a short-side goal from outside the dots and tops of the circles on his forehand side.

Not even close to the same situations. People aren’t complaining about the goal you showed. They’re complying about the goals they’re describing which are nearly 100% different that the highlight you cherrypicked.
    In the that nhl gif with the Jets, that is bad defense. It’s was a nice shot. But you cannot let someone get in like that.

I think people see complaining about that cheese from there is because it wasn’t as good earlier in the year. It’s obvious they nerfed the goalies to let that happen.

You used a GIF of a guy in-between the dots at the hasmarks, cutting across the net on his off-wing scoring to justify a short-side goal from outside the dots and tops of the circles on his forehand side.

Not even close to the same situations. People aren’t complaining about the goal you showed. They’re complying about the goals they’re describing which are nearly 100% different that the highlight you cherrypicked.

In my GIF, the player got to a high % scoring area and scored on an unscreened goalie.

That's exactly the goals people are complaining about.

In my GIF, the player got to a high % scoring area and scored on an unscreened goalie.

That's exactly the goals people are complaining about.

No they’re not. They’re arguing that an unscreened shot from the top of the circle and out should not have such a high success rate.

Your GIF was inside the tops of the circle and in-between the dots. It’s a totally different shot. Also handedness plays a huge difference in the way goalie react.

I don’t think bmh, the king of video breakdowns and well thought-out commentary on these boards, is arguing that your GIF should be saved at a 90% rate.

We all know the wrister everyone is talking about. You come down on your strong hand side (different from your video) and you glide towards the boards putting yourself in a physically impossible angle to get a far-side shot off, and a really hard angle to get a decent short-side shot off (different from your video). Then you pick either high corner as the goalies in this game don’t have the ability to make the quick minor angle adjustment a real life goalie would do given the fact that the shooter is barley moving, and boom you fire a 60 mph laser into either corner while the goalie stands a good 1/2 foot off-angle.

This shot is nothing more than a different variation of the curve shot. It’s an exploit, it’s pretty easy to defend, but it should not be a shot that goes in at a 50% rate. It’s a shot that goes in from above the circles and outside the dots (different than your video) at an effective enough rate for people to win by taking 1-4 shots a game.

Not a fun representation of hockey and not a real representation of hockey imo.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    It's soft for the goalie to give up three of those in one game, but those are not the shots I'm complaining about. If you're giving up wristers from the hashmarks in the home-plate area, your goalie should get beat regularly. The real problem with the goalie coding is their vulnerability to shots above the circles and outside the hashmarks.
    I understand that. I also see there's a few posts discussing the shortside shot and I absolutely agree, they do go in way to often.
    Might be I'm in the wrong thread here, as my clips showed a bit of a different scenario. But all I do in those clips, is holding my stick out to the side.
    There’s no sideway movement. I’m just gliding towards the goalie who is set, waiting for my shot. Even so, when I throw a wrister in his glove corner, he just stands there like a statue while the puck blows by him.
    I think scoring should take a bit more than just gliding towards the goalie.
    So different, but quite the same. Goalies that are following the shooter, not being forced to move, should be stronger. That would help a lot!

They did though, no ? Isn't it in the article or in one of the Dev posts here ?
  • Lateral movement aka "spiderman saves"? I thought that would be the fix.
    Seems like an all over nerf to me, though.
    If everything is organically connected like NHLDev said in that interview, we might have a problem...
    Which would be exactly why players are now unsatisfied with how the shortside shots are going in at an alarming rate.
  • Uh, goalies have definitely been nerfed, especially short side.