EA Forums - Banner

Auction House

Um... just a question....why is there a 5% tax in the auction house always?

What's the point of having a tax, it's a video game. If I sell something for 10K I should get 10K

Replies

• LOL....i've had the same question too. it's like Poker Stars and i'm wondering if they're not testing it for using actual money in the House.
  • mhart123
    173 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's there to maintain inflation. If there was no tax, people would just buy cards and list them slightly higher all the time and player prices would go out of control. Now you have to consider atleast the tax before price fixing players.

It might feel harsh from regular users' view but trust me, the tax has to be there.
    Post edited by mhart123 on
  • Prices are out of control this year anyway.
  • mhart123
    173 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Prices are out of control this year anyway.

What do you mean exactly? I think they are quite good at the moment. I mean McDavid or Crosby should not cost 15k at this stage, and as the upgrade system is what it is, the over 90 rated legends will be very pricey for months, which is good thing because elite players should not be available to every casual player. They can already have their fair share by just logging in couple times every day.
  • I get all that but I’m not paying 400,000 for an 88 rated card that will be obsolete by New Years. It’s good they implemented lower ratings this year but that because by the end of January last year everyone had 97-99 players but this year they will still have all 93-95 by them I guarantee it.
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    i Think its either their because EA wishes they were the government or to keep the puck farmer's from raking in to many millions.
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    i find it funny that whatever reasoning the tax is their for its just Wrong. just like the real world you get taxed on your paycheck then taxed again on stuff u purchase with the money you were already taxed on and when u sell stuff with the already taxed money and again and again... like how many times can they tax the same money.... i need a beer
  • YZ19 wrote: »
    i find it funny that whatever reasoning the tax is their for its just Wrong. just like the real world you get taxed on your paycheck then taxed again on stuff u purchase with the money you were already taxed on and when u sell stuff with the already taxed money and again and again... like how many times can they tax the same money.... i need a beer

LOL.....that's not at all how it works :lol:

but i'll agree that we can all use a beer. Elysian Space Dust IPA for me please.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    mhart123 wrote: »
    It's there to maintain inflation. If there was no tax, people would just buy cards and list them slightly higher all the time and player prices would go out of control. Now you have to consider atleast the tax before price fixing players.

It might feel harsh from regular users' view but trust me, the tax has to be there.

Thanks @mhart123 ,this exactly. It's a virtual currency with it's own market, that market needs to be regulated.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    mhart123 wrote: »

Thanks @mhart123 ,this exactly. It's a virtual currency with it's own market, that market needs to be regulated.

i'll push back on this a bit.

i'm skeptical of the market to begin with but to test my theory i tossed a Gold Collectable up for bid for 10K Staring Bid and Buy Now at 10,050 over 3days and had no takers.

when i searched the Auction House i could not see my item listed with the others but it would show on my Items for Auction list. was it really on the market? i've sold stuff before but never looked to see if it was listed before. i only did it this time becuase of my growing skepicism of what appears to be price fixing since the prices are all the same for everything.
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member
    YZ19 wrote: »

but i'll agree that we can all use a beer. Elysian Space Dust IPA for me please.

lol... and thats Your opinion
  • YZ19 wrote: »
    YZ19 wrote: »

lol... and thats Your opinion

well, that and an accounting degree, but i hear ya. no worries
  • YZ19
    171 posts Member

lol... and thats Your opinion[/quote]

well, that and an accounting degree, but i hear ya. no worries[/quote]

Ok, well it sure feels like to me
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Well question has been answered. Closing thread due to above bickering.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.