EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

AI Penalties committed should be based on actual statistics not attributes

Im not a fan of the attribute bar,
So when my AI teammate is Bergeron and he commits 3 tripping penalties in a game, you know im going offline to play with my own tuner set.

So I have a suggestion, why not set the AI discipline attribute for committing penalties to the players penalties / game average for the last 3 years?

For instance, instead of Bergeron having 3 minor penalties in a game and say "the tuner needs adjusting", instead (as of now) since he committed 30 minor penalties in 162 games, there should be a specific attribute to committing minor penalties where he SHOULD commit a minor penalty every .185 games as an AI.

Or what about Dustin Byfuglien and his minors?
87 in the last 165, if you play against big-buff he SHOULD commit a minor penalty on you every other game (at 52.7%)

Im just saying attributes should more statical, because I don't fully believe lot of the player in-game are represented correctly, and the AI version of the player acts very different then the life counterpart

Replies

• The statistics are supposed to adjust the attributes that affect penalties though...
  • Maybe, yes, but discipline is a universal attribute.
    Discipline won't determine if a player, as an AI, will commit more tripping penalties versus hooking.

Maybe being more specific with penalty attributes would help the whole poke-check Armageddon as well.
    It would allow players to play specific players with low tripping tendencies but could also mean that player could have a high hooking tendency, or slashing.
    It would add another variable to consider when playing, and how often you should try a risky poke check.
  • The problem is too many sliders seem to do nothing andattrubutes often feel pointless....everything seems very random. Back during NHL 16 I did a test playing the game with all sliders maxed out and then with all sliders at the minimum. I played a bunch of games each way and outside of a few things like speed the games all played and felt the same. Have know idea if that’s relevant with all the sliders we have now and they are also 0-100 now instead of 0-6.