EA Forums - Banner

best faceoff man in HUT

caflokid
31 posts Member
edited November 2018
who's the best faceoff man in hut right now I have bergeron @ 87 overall in faceoffs who would be better than that?

Also can anyone still try to help me get the St Louis goal horn?

[Socair - edited swear filter]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• xPDogg65x
    829 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The 85 Gretzky is 89 face offs Kurri has pretty high face offs as well. But legend JN has 95 and I’ll get legend Sakic in a couple of days 91 face offs. I’ll have sakic 91, JN 95, Ferraro 88 and Gretzky 89. I think they’ll do fine on face offs.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    caflokid wrote: »
    who's the best faceoff man in hut right now I have bergeron @ 87 overall in faceoffs who would be better than that?

Also can anyone still try to help me get the St Louis goal horn?

The Thanksgiving Malkin is an 88 on faceoffs and been really good for me

[Socair - edited quote to reflect change]
  • halloween arnott, alumni dennis savard, legend ferraro, 85 gretzky, thxgiving malkin and pettersson both have 88, alumni gilmour, any bergerons. i had one of the 85 toews i forget if it was totw or milestone, his faceoff stat is only 78 or so but i would often beat people with much higher faceoff stats
  • mhart123
    173 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    https://hutdb.net/19/players

Click the "FO" column so it arranges the list from best to worst.
  • Free legend Joe N is my best one.
  • My centers are a bit harder to obtain (Oats, Sittler & Joey N) So I’ll throw in some early centers I found to be decent.

Gold Bergeron, Giroux & Toews are all decent starters. Pavelski is fairly decent considering he’s a winger. Same goes for Kurri although he’s alumni. Which if you have alumni you could also get away with using Mahovlich & FM Hawerchuk.

Really the key though is For the Boys. It’s a great team based synergy that grants +3 to faceoffs & endurance.

For example: Joe Nieuwendyk’s base faceoff is 95. With his FM unlocked it becomes 97. With his FB unlocked as well, he’s officially capped in faceoffs.
  • canadianshield
    120 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Adding to this thread. I have hated how faceoffs work for a few years now. If you hit your stick prematurely ( accidentally or otherwise) there is a 100% chance you’re losing the faceoff (unless your opponent hits their stick prematurely too).

If you’re going to grant faceoff ratings to non-centers, then add being chased from the circle. It would make your wingers all that more vital to success in the circle. If a player hits their stick prematurely after that, then absolutely have it be a straight up loss, but at least add some authenticity to the system.

This basic logic should apply to 4 on 4 hockey (because we can’t build 4 on 4 lines apparently???).

Why is my winger with 49 faceoffs taking the draw when a center on that line has 80+? Why is it random?

So many missed opportunities that wouldn’t be missed if these devs followed basic hockey logic or at the very least dotted their i’s & crossed their t’s but this is yet another item to add to a massive list of blown opportunities lately.
  • Of course you could just grind for coins or legend sets and unlock 99 Gretzky and 99 Mario so you're top two lines are set...