EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Patch 1.4.0 - Expected Availability December 7th @ 2AM PST

225t

Check out our latest NHL 19 Patch and give us feedback here.

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Prev1

Replies

• I’d love to see sock templates in create a team that actually match the new adidas templates.

I’d love for edit player to be put back into season mode...this being removed has to be one of the most annoying things about 19. Why was this removed?

I’d like to see the “dump-in goal” where the CPU takes a slapshot off the corner boards which goes right to the pipe where your goalie will incorrectly use the VH to let the puck deflect or hos skate and in removed from the game. This is a great new feature that’s definitely not immersion-breaking!

I’d like to see actual power play strategies added into the game (box + 1, 1-3-1) where your CPU teammates actually support the puck and know how to run a power play.

I’d love to see goalies be made more realistically good and bad. The hover-effect they have when on their knees is very unrealistic and it makes you feel like you can never truly catch them on quick one-touch passes as they are super-human/air hockey puck-like when moving on the ice.

Roster sharing would be great as well, but I don’t think this game will ever be “great” it will only be “good” at best. I’ll be skipping 20 but hopefully 21 will have at least a few of these things...
  • --Someone else make NHL 20--
  • Skate with the cup allready same celebration is disgraceful. It’s core game is right there the gameplay has Improved dramatically. Lighten the load get rid of the modes keep us offliners happy there are many keep online and HUT even though I don’t support it it is the cash cow and I undertand money heck I pay bills. Get Ray between the benches just like real Doc and Eddy. Get NBC and CBC broadcast style with another duo to pick from. I understand this is probably unrealistic but could be done if they drop half the modes. And for all that is holy classic teams like in the 2k series ala 2k12 black and white camera 70’ and 80’s. Can you imagine playing as Rocket Richard Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky the broad street bullies. It can be done just think how groundbreaking this would be. Pipe dream maybe but I can hope
  • I’d just like penalties to not completely define online play.(6v6)
    ..and stick behavior, on both sides of the puck. From the way pressing A = slash with the rage of a thousand suns to this whole concept of not being able to stick handle and skate at the same time. The stick handling without moving the feet irks the ever loving out of me. I can literally hear several coaches screaming in my head usually something to the effect of..if your too tired to be moving your feet crossing the blue line maybe we need to put the pucks away and just run power skating drills the rest of practice.
    ....same deal when I totally get wiped out by what should be trivial contact with someone stick. Again with its hockey not soccer..
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • What WFWR26 said.
  • Question for the EA NHL community. what would you like to see in NHL 20?
  • I’d love to see sock templates in create a team that actually match the new adidas templates.

I’d love for edit player to be put back into season mode...this being removed has to be one of the most annoying things about 19. Why was this removed?

I’d like to see the “dump-in goal” where the CPU takes a slapshot off the corner boards which goes right to the pipe where your goalie will incorrectly use the VH to let the puck deflect or hos skate and in removed from the game. This is a great new feature that’s definitely not immersion-breaking!

I’d like to see actual power play strategies added into the game (box + 1, 1-3-1) where your CPU teammates actually support the puck and know how to run a power play.

I’d love to see goalies be made more realistically good and bad. The hover-effect they have when on their knees is very unrealistic and it makes you feel like you can never truly catch them on quick one-touch passes as they are super-human/air hockey puck-like when moving on the ice.

Roster sharing would be great as well, but I don’t think this game will ever be “great” it will only be “good” at best. I’ll be skipping 20 but hopefully 21 will have at least a few of these things...

The powerplay one would be huge. They've needed this for years.

Also the goaltending one is very important. About 1 out of every 4 games I play offline there is a really bad goal because the goalies have no logic on the posts, or the stick is improperly positioned or for some reason the skates and the pad aren't flush against the post. Goaltending needs an overhaul from real goaltenders.
  • I wish I could record Easier my highlights , we could record a sequence with the game nhl20 , even have a personnal library with our real highlights. And finally we could share to friends our sick goal or hit or whatever. All that integrate in the game, psn share is complicate for that..
  • ChellingOutBrah
    9 posts Member
    edited December 3
    I know 2K games weren't up to standards as far as game play but just go watch a YouTube video of a powerplay from a 2k game.

You could actually setup. You could cycle. Players knew how to switch off and play umbrella. You had time to create. In every single EA game it's always been the shorthanded team who seemed to have the advantage. The puck controlling team always was rushed. I can't remember which year, maybe it was 16, where it was more beneficial to be short handed than to have a power play. Some things EA does is just so backwards.
  • Roster sharing please
  • I want it to be possible to play with all teams in Be a Pro not only NHL, AHL and the canadian junior leagues.
  • most the things i would like to see are based on licensing like the actual sweaters for the national teams instead of just the nation's flag as a crest and to have the non-NHL arenas in HUT. i'd love to have an international ice surface or a CHL arena as my home arena in HUT.

plus position lock vs. the CPU in HUT!!
  • The power play is just brutal in this game. The AI is way too aggressive when killing which results in you needing to make quick passes which isn’t bad especially if you’re skilled. The problem is, the AI also mirrors your LS so they know where you’re going to touch pass it to so they have instant pressure on your outlet pass. Once that pass is received, you have no time or space to find the next guy because your AI are so stationary and interactive when on the PP, that it’s literaly impossible to get them the puck. They have no awareness or recognition of open space.

Power plays in real life involve creating 2-on-1s to be exploited. When the CPU takes an aggressive run and you pass the puck off looking for a give-n-go, your AI (the guy you just used to pass) will simply stand still and not take advantage of the over-aggressive PK’er.

Now, some of my issue stems from pass interceptions cranked to 100/100, but that doesn’t excuse the lack of movement or spatial awareness. I honestly wouldn’t mind if this couldn’t be dynamically fixed as long as we were given the option to create-a-play. At least when creating my play I could add-in some sort of linear movement progression with the PP. As of now, the PP is lucky to hit offline as I just can’t run it at al realistically.
  • I would love to see a mode that starts from the beginning of the NHL. Start playing in the 1917–18 NHL season and all in a black & white camera lens. Goalies without masks, players without helmets. Go through the changes of the NHL empire: founding teams, original six, expansion era, include defunct teams, players, former arenas, outdoor venues... so many ideas...
  • NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

NHL Winter Classic mode!
  • Efbomb
    25 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Being a graphic artist and hardcore roster freak, I only ask for a few things.

1. Add roster sharing
    2. Add a player search engine
    3. Add a custom goalie mask creator
    4. Overhaul Create a Team

As far as 1 & 2, they are pretty self explanatory, and they both should have been added years ago.

As for 3, this is something that, I believe, can only be a good thing and it ties in directly to number 4.

All too many times, I create a team and have no matching masks for the keeper.

I’m thinking of a system like the jersey creator. A series of templates that we can add colors to and slap the team logo on.

As for 4, with the power of the current consoles, the CAT zone is severely lacking.

From the limited amount of custom logos, to the lack of ability to place a word mark instead of a logo, on to pant and sock templates that have not changed in years, it’s time for an upgrade.

Speaking of logos, why are the AHL and Euro league logos not available like the NHL and ECHL?

Also, there needs to be more classic logos and 2nd and third logos that are currently in the NHL.

• SvenArne123
    22 posts Member
    edited December 6
    1. Roster sharing

2. Custom music

3. Legends for offline

4. More vintage gear, vintage arena template for create a team mode, more vintage jerseys

5. Better intros with national anthem

6. Interactive stanley cup celebration where you can skate around with the cup like in NHL 2K10.
  • My Wish list is extensive, I would like more vintage stuff including Historical games, like playing in the 50's as an option or any darn year in NHL history, so essentially legends in their era. It would be cool to be greeted in the NHL by a Gordie Howe elbow, or being beaten by an amazing Bobby Orr play. I know EA has the resources to make a better Be a pro and overall game. What setaylor1 said
    setaylor1 wrote: »
    I would love to see a mode that starts from the beginning of the NHL. Start playing in the 1917–18 NHL season and all in a black & white camera lens. Goalies without masks, players without helmets. Go through the changes of the NHL empire: founding teams, original six, expansion era, include defunct teams, players, former arenas, outdoor venues... so many ideas...
    I agree with everything except the black and white coloring, as players when they played did not see black and white unless they were color blind, which most weren't. But I do have a suggestion that would bring that into the game, why not in Broadcast mode have that. So it looks likes your watching black and white TV. I would love to see accurate old school hockey in the NHL game, not just hockey Ultimate Team but seeing even just minor leaguers who are not so well known. I'm a confessed hockey history buff and I'd be happy to help. Why do we just need to see modern hockey, which, not all fans like to watch, I mean I have to create old time hockey players that fight to get fights in my be a pros. I would love to be a long time minor Leaguer buried in the Original Six Depth, and when the 67 expansion comes, I finally get the shot to play in the big leagues. I'd like to have experience playing in a time gone by, it would be an amazing experience. I'd love to see Greats in their prime, and trying to play with them. Hockey has a storied past why not let people see it and live it. Well there is my rant. My wish list is long but boiled down, make history apart of offline mode in accurate rosters, deep, deep, minor leagues (adding more difficult), actual life story, like growing up in a small town playing on outdoor rinks, and finding your way to the NHL, don't make becoming a great player easy, make it take a lot of effort because I get sick of reaching High 80's in my second year of pro with brutal +/- stats. Make it so coaches give you a role to play like hit so and so to shake him up. Make it feel like the pro hockey player is you not just a character you created and play as. Another please make it so we can continue our pro's careers in newer versions of the franchise.

• setaylor1
    10 posts Member
    edited December 8
    Leafs1952 wrote: »
    I would love to be a long time minor Leaguer buried in the Original Six Depth, and when the 67 expansion comes, I finally get the shot to play in the big leagues. I'd like to have experience playing in a time gone by, it would be an amazing experience. I'd love to see Greats in their prime, and trying to play with them. Hockey has a storied past why not let people see it and live it. Well there is my rant. My wish list is long but boiled down, make history apart of offline mode in accurate rosters, deep, deep, minor leagues (adding more difficult), actual life story, like growing up in a small town playing on outdoor rinks, and finding your way to the NHL, don't make becoming a great player easy, make it take a lot of effort because I get sick of reaching High 80's in my second year of pro with brutal +/- stats. Make it so coaches give you a role to play like hit so and so to shake him up.

Yes! The history! The scenarios you describe are exactly what makes the experience so much more personal, the growth, the learning, being part of the entire experience.
    Leafs1952 wrote: »
    Make it feel like the pro hockey player is you not just a character you created and play as. Another please make it so we can continue our pro's careers in newer versions of the franchise.

I would love to see player carry over/continuation from Pro to Franchise, including stats! More stats! What about carry over from NHL versions? So, if I do not complete my 25 year franchise mode, and then buy the new version year after year [cough], it would be great to be able to import your player(s)/team(s) with stats from year to year/version to version, instead of creating everything over from scratch, year after year.
  • I couldn't agree more setaylor1, the game needs many things, I remember in NHL 14 I loved Live the Life, though interview questions got repetitive at times, it was a step in the right directions, then EA took two steps back getting rid of it and making fighting less common. I tire of modern hockey, I'd like to play and watch in the days when jobs were scarce and hockey was at its best (in my honest opinion). I know that it is possible to get the rosters going back to 1917, because, in another NHL game called Franchise Hockey Manager 5, they have a historical mode, while they don't have as much resources but they make a great GM mode, though you can't coach the historic Minors. Why does EA not take a crack at outdoing them by making Coaching in GM mode not require playing, like you just call lines, pull the goalie when needed, and bench players when necessary, now I said optional, because for the realistic effect typically you don't play the game for the players, hence why coaches are quite stressed. It would be cool to coach Howe, Sawchuk, Keon, Orr, and all the greats of the game. Like why can't the experience, they could make part of Be a Pro a free roam game, where you buy yourself a home, and develop a relationship with a girl in the game universe, possibly get your career cut short by WWII or get banished to Eddie Shore's Springfield Indians. I know I'm just putting out scenarios, but these would really make Be a pro more human and fun.