EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• Royalk14 wrote: »
    I Strongly think EA needs to change its business model for sports and literally make one game for Online Modes (Hut) basically and one for Career Mode fans because they are two distinct fans. Who are at odds with one another and I think it is bringing the EA NHL series down because the developers are constantly at odds with both groups.

With that being said I do think EA, in general, is facing a PR crisis because of lack of Fan Service in games and that has to change because Like I mentioned in my comment even a rubbish NHL 2k is 1000x better than any NHL game would ever be and that is a problem. Simply put. Stop being idiots and actually listen to fans you are in the entertainment business. Pleasing the crowd/fans is what your job is. So start doing because idk what else we the fans can do other than email the developers and plead/lobby for the modes we want.

I agree with this 100%.
    I've been saying for years that I am so pissed that us offline only players are always given the shaft due to it not being good for online play, such as:
    - Getting kicked out of faceoffs
    - Goalie injuries
    - Live refs that get in the way (can be turned on or off like it was in 2K hockey)
    - Live goalies for that matter, with the bubble completely removed
    At least have the above items in some type of offline mode if they don't want them in online.
  • The only thing that I want to see implemented ASAP (or sooner lol) is having all the tools to grow the community. More lobbies (helps with recruiting and building ties with other players), more ways to connect to people, more ways to invite friends, being able to carry on to the next game with the same group in dropins, and in all modes. This game is doing a really horrible job of that.

Just seems like no one cares, or thinks it's important enough. If this game had a bigger "community" mentality then it would certainly help to grow the game and get more people involved. Gotta give us the tools so that we can build up the game's community. Old gen did a better job at it, but had room for alot of improvement.
  • servo49
    15 posts Member
    All i've asked for, since NHL 16, is the ability to see the summed totals for goals/assists/points (stats) on a player's card in Franchise mode. It was in NHL 16... was removed (i'm assuming due to stats for multiple leagues) and has not been re-added... but it's odd because when a player retires it will show their NHL totals... I have no idea why we can't see these summed totals before then. It's very, very annoying.
  • servo49 wrote: »
    All i've asked for, since NHL 16, is the ability to see the summed totals for goals/assists/points (stats) on a player's card in Franchise mode. It was in NHL 16... was removed (i'm assuming due to stats for multiple leagues) and has not been re-added... but it's odd because when a player retires it will show their NHL totals... I have no idea why we can't see these summed totals before then. It's very, very annoying.

To take it one more step, show which teams the played for, and have a GM tracker stat. would be nice to look back at the end or during the 25yr run and look at your best year. They had that before too. How many playoff appearances, how many rounds, cups, trophies, etc.
  • Line changes. I can't believe we still don't have line changes. I have 4 lines worth of players that are all on different clubs because this doesn't exist
    Longer games, fatigue factor for a long shift. And make large team lobby.
    The beta had some bugs but overall it was fantastic.
    Line changes should be the next big addition.
    Thanks
  • RSO75
    86 posts Member
    Practice mode for your HUT team, change up the jerseys and arenas for Team Of The Week, ability to choose what players are on PP and PK in HUT.
  • Fix your stat system... how is it that Pettersson gets 3g, 3a in an 8-1 win, and only +2?
  • Fix your stat system... how is it that Pettersson gets 3g, 3a in an 8-1 win, and only +2?

I guess he scored 4 or 5 points on the PP ;)
  • Line changes. I can't believe we still don't have line changes. I have 4 lines worth of players that are all on different clubs because this doesn't exist
    Longer games, fatigue factor for a long shift. And make large team lobby.
    The beta had some bugs but overall it was fantastic.
    Line changes should be the next big addition.
    Thanks

I seriously hope you're kidding.
  • Most of my suggestions are for the franchise mode:

1. Be able to start the season from the previous draft instead of only the preseason. That way you can undo or change some of the things the GM of your team in real life did.
    2. Have goalie abilities be more realistic. It seems as difficult to score on a guy rated 70 as it is against a guy who’s 90.
    3. Stanley cup ceremony and ring ceremony at the first regular season home game the following season.
    4. Bring back career stats so you know when guys reach milestones.
    5. Also, it would be nice to know when a player ties or passes another player on the all-time goals/assists/points list. Finding out when you pass Ray Ferraro isn’t really exciting, but to know if you beat one of Gretzkys etc would be kind of cool.
    6. Be able to edit players abilities in franchise mode so as guys get better in real life you can edit the player instead of having to restart a franchise from scratch.
    7. Be able to use multiple teams in franchise mode.
    8. Make it that when you offer another team a trade that they don’t accept, they reply with what it would take for them to accept the offer based on what you’ve offered up. (Ie offering up Crosby for mcdavid and having edmonton say they’d only accept the deal if you added two firsts). That would take away from having to try 100 trades to see what a team would accept.
    9. Make it more realistic that trades on “easy” are more easily accepted, ones on “medium” are realistic and ones on “hard” are very hard.
    10. Make it so you can drop players during the season.
    11. Players with bad contracts are worth negative value.
    12. Make it that if you retain salary in a trade that you get the same value in return that it takes for another team to retain salary. (Ie keeping 50% of a players contract and you get another first etc)
  • 2 things I love about current NHL 19 is the VS mode and Full Customization of your team in EASHL. PLEASE allow full customization and creation of own team in VS mode. That would be sooooooo awesome. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE.
  • 2 things I love about current NHL 19 is the VS mode and Full Customization of your team in EASHL. PLEASE allow full customization and creation of own team in VS mode. That would be sooooooo awesome. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE.
    Heard of HUT?
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    2 things I love about current NHL 19 is the VS mode and Full Customization of your team in EASHL. PLEASE allow full customization and creation of own team in VS mode. That would be sooooooo awesome. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE.
    Heard of HUT?

Customization of teams in HUT is a joke though.
  • Ampereturn
    69 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Daddy5B wrote:

Some human goalie quality of life improvements:

- Let us back skate back into our net instead of turning out back to the play, so we can actually attempt to save shots should we or someone else turn the puck over.

- If you can get this to work, let us play as the extra skater after going to the bench.

Very good idea. Thanks.

• put NHL on switch, there are no good hockey games on there.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    Masontcarr wrote: »
    Hoping for the Digital 6 Jerseys to return in NHL 20. the designs were awesome. Any Possibilities EA? @NHLDev

Unfortunately it was a one year deal with Adidas. I have passed on your message/comment though so that the team knows that people are hoping for more content like that.
  • Can you please just add smarter lineup changes? Or a 3rd PK unit. If I get back to back penalties the team should automatically just plug in different players because the original pk guys are out of energy. I shouldn't have to go change lines for this.
  • Return the series to what was going on in '14. The game as it stands now is a total joke in every way possible. '14 was 10,000 times better than any version that we've had this console generation. It's sad to see what the game has turned in to.
  • Hopefully with more power of the new systems we could get similar game like NBA 2K12 where it had classic teams dating back to different time periods and it would be black and white and each time period the camera would be different.
  • I’d like to see a goalie skill stick. Instead of having the desperation save button, have a skill stick like what there is for dekes. Just a suggestion, goalie play needs to improve by NHL 21.