EA Forums - Banner

Is it worth having a high rated team.

2Next

Replies

• I just don’t buy it I tried to play with my 91 overall team. Got smoked 2 games. Look at the opposing team both had low level bronze players the last would have had a 92 or minimum 90 level team if it were not for his back up 53 goalie. And he got every loose puck his AI was aggressive and his 81 Gibson made 34 saves. My 85 bob made 5. I lost 6-2.
  • Ea has accomplished one thing with this I will not spend an extra dime to get packs and cards when I can use the cheap bronze ones.
  • TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    To prove my point I used my same team took out back up 89 Moog put in 58 David Honzik to keep my Burner Activated. Overall team dropped from 91 to 86. Win 3-0 with me only out shooting them 29-23. Bob makes 23 saves and gets the shut out. His teams lowest players were 83 letang bob and holtby had 9 rare gold in all plus 11 legends or special series cards including 91 JR thanksgiving Riley milestone Suter 89 evo mackinnon pow horvat prime time giordano pow forsberg plus 4 legends.

The lower overall gets boosts so until you play vs higher leagues or players that’s have same overall as you it does not pay to get the special cards in my honest opinion. I’m playing and held 5th division and need 4 points in 3 games to advance.
  • You can't run a high overall team in lower divisions. The higher team gets handicapped. I've been playing this mode from day 1.

However. .. running a low end squad doesn't always fair well either. You need a good mix of all around cards.

Thing is... in the past, hot and cold player , goalie, and team streaks affected your team... so did chemistry and salary cap.

People say they're "gone", but I feel it's still within the code of the game...
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    ...some say its connection, some say synergies... there's no real answer, this question has always been brought up since ive been on this form 8 years ago.

My 94 team just got owned by a good but lesser team - because every time I tried to pass the puck or make deke / move the screen froze momentarily and the next thing I knew I'd been knocked off the puck. Nothing to do with ratings this one - connection. I don't know what it was like for my opponent - I asked but rarely get an answer to questions like that. Read into that what you will.
  • I rarely get responses. If I play a hard and close game I always message good game even if I’m on the L side.
  • This game has so many flaws when concerning HUT versus online. Great team, good teams, mixed teams... connection to servers and IP addresses only seem to matter and I really don’t care who disagrees with me. Where I have a major problem is with the promoting and representation of a certain product And selling me, (beta and first week or two) then reverting back to the SOS as the previous 2 years. $100 might not mean much to most folks but stuff adds up. If a Fortune 500 comp. operated on this logic they would never survive. I understand that people don’t appreciate rants but I’m adding one more thing. How can multi-accounting benefit this game? The SAME player has 3/4 of the EVO cards? I have screen shots to prove my point.
  • Multi account could be beneficial with the make an offer option 1 account put card at astronomical price. Main account make trade offer for bronze.
  • Just to report since dropping from 91 to 86 I’m 6-0.
  • Just to report since dropping from 91 to 86 I’m 6-0.

Lol. I did the same. My team was a 91 and since I hit 90 and up I have been losing 75% of my games. I put a bronze goalie at back up dropping my overall to 86 and I’m 5-1. My offense however is still at a 92 and my passing percentage has plummeted and the amount of goals I scored has dropped about 2 per game.
    Bottom line, despite the modes main goal to build an “Ultimate” team, you get better results from a weaker club.
  • I'm currently at a loss.. I've won only 4 of my last 20 games !!! Nothing is working.
    I was running a 78 OA team with 4 active synergies. "Good" connection. . Still getting beat by average squads.

91 legend Renwick is caught by silver players, I'm getting blasted all over the ice
    It's ridiculous. I've never felt so powerless in this game before...

I'm really at a loss here...
  • Have you checked what level the teams are at you are losing to? My last two losses (currently 8-2 for my last ten games in Div Seasons I think) one came from the laggy game I describe above, another came from a guy who was just started playing Seasons - a Div 8 player like me; but with a 9-1 record - obviously a better NHL'er than me with my 35-65-6 record to get to the same place... No shame to lose to a guy like that even if his team wasn't as good as mine.
  • LISTEN ALL:

I have 2 teams...one crazy 95 overall and one 84 overall....

95 Overall: includes both Gretzky and Lemieux

84 Overall: burner synergy

I am 21 - 2 with my 84 overall team and have smoked other teams that had every Legend possible....

I am 7 - 11 with my 95 overall with Gretzky and Lemieux....

This my friends is simply not in my head....obviously there is something terribly wrong with this....the same thing happened last year....

I am not sure if their is a crazy tilt factor happening or what but something is terribly wrong.....

A very hard lesson to learn the hard way: there isnt a point in purchasing packs anymore at all....once the game is launched...simply spend only a small amount...get yourself good base cards and done...my base card teams always play far better than my stacked ones...no point in spending any additional money on anything at all....

I hope this is read and shared with the entire community. I have spent a small fortune on this game to learn every in and out and this problem is truly real....
  • To prove my point I used my same team took out back up 89 Moog put in 58 David Honzik to keep my Burner Activated. Overall team dropped from 91 to 86. Win 3-0 with me only out shooting them 29-23. Bob makes 23 saves and gets the shut out. His teams lowest players were 83 letang bob and holtby had 9 rare gold in all plus 11 legends or special series cards including 91 JR thanksgiving Riley milestone Suter 89 evo mackinnon pow horvat prime time giordano pow forsberg plus 4 legends.

The lower overall gets boosts so until you play vs higher leagues or players that’s have same overall as you it does not pay to get the special cards in my honest opinion. I’m playing and held 5th division and need 4 points in 3 games to advance.

Yo this was definitely me and my team LOL. I remember this game well. Although you shut me out, it was one of the more enjoyable games I’ve played this year. I got the sense you weren’t trying short-side or cross-creases, like actually scoring real hockey goals; and I, in turn, played the same way.

Wish all games were that way. Good game, my dude.

• thanks for the note ryanjanx this was against you. Crazy game was good. I guess the theory is right or bob just felt like saving more than 4 of 15 shots. When games are matched and played with same AI skill games are fun. But when they can poke check from the face off circle while you are crossing the blue line something has to give. This latest tuner has gone back to the crazy poke check stick lift routine. Thanks again for the note I try to send messages through ps when I win on a weak goal or play a good long close game. Nice to know there are nice guys out there.

• I'm trying the experiment - added a bronze common goalie as backup and dropped my rating by 6 points to where I was a month ago. I'm a much better player though since then so if correct I should start to win all my games not just half of them. I'll let you know...