EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Drop in freeze

Anyone got a fix for this? I search for a drop in game and it freezes in the searching like 70% of the time

Replies

• The official fix is: PlayStation button > Options > Close Application > restart the game > repeat every 5 minutes
  • They aren't going to fix it, we'll have to live with it all year.
  • I tried playing 18 the other day and I couldn't even find a game. Both seem to be shelved as far as online play.
  • WainGretSki
    2689 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    If it isn't fixed by now then consider it as too big an issue for these guys. It has been 3 months and yet here we still are. Seriously, it's all fun and dandy to collect info and whatnot, but there comes a time when a fix has to be done. Time is now, get it done for crying out loud.

At this point, seems like completely redoing a new matchmaking system would have yielded results by now.....

Didn't you guys realize during the beta how monumental this problem was, or did you guys not see it???
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    They just dont care, wrost video game franchise going!!!
  • I'm convinced at this point nhl 20 will have advertising for 6v6 games.
  • inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm convinced at this point nhl 20 will have advertising for 6v6 games.
    “Ability to play online” will definitely be back of the box material for 20.

How far EA has fallen from its NHL94 glory days....
  • I've had five in a row, can't even get in a game. Had to give up, what a joke.
  • If it isn't fixed by now then consider it as too big an issue for these guys. It has been 3 months and yet here we still are. Seriously, it's all fun and dandy to collect info and whatnot, but there comes a time when a fix has to be done. Time is now, get it done for crying out loud.

At this point, seems like completely redoing a new matchmaking system would have yielded results by now.....

Didn't you guys realize during the beta how monumental this problem was, or did you guys not see it???

I believe the problem is resources. I don't think EA allows them to spend time solving problems. Likely in their mind they have their money, time to work on next release.

They are very much in an old school model that basically says the game releases the way it releases and if there are more problems so be it, move on to the next game.