EA Forums - Banner

Seattle team in NHL 20?

With Seattle now joining the NHL in 2021-22 will we see them added into NHL 20? They could certainly add them automatically into Franchise mode and Be a Pro within the 2021-22 season. Just like they did with Vegas they could add an expansion draft starting automatically right after the 2020-21 season where in franchise mode you can choose to become the new owner of this team or stay with the team you were already with. And in Be a Pro you could be claimed by this new expansion team. I'm hoping they do so, because it will add a lot of realism and excitement to these modes.

Replies

• did they have Vegas in NHL 17??

that would be the equivalent here so i doubt it. i'm more curious how NHL 21 will handle the lockout that is looming over that season. it's going to be funny here in Seattle if their inaugural season is washed out due to the players being locked out because the owners won't want to share that $650M(usd) with the players.
  • Highly doubt they even have uniforms before September 14th.
  • did they have Vegas in NHL 17??

that would be the equivalent here so i doubt it. i'm more curious how NHL 21 will handle the lockout that is looming over that season. it's going to be funny here in Seattle if their inaugural season is washed out due to the players being locked out because the owners won't want to share that $650M(usd) with the players.

Nah, 17 did not have Vegas.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    With Seattle now joining the NHL in 2021-22 will we see them added into NHL 20? They could certainly add them automatically into Franchise mode and Be a Pro within the 2021-22 season. Just like they did with Vegas they could add an expansion draft starting automatically right after the 2020-21 season where in franchise mode you can choose to become the new owner of this team or stay with the team you were already with. And in Be a Pro you could be claimed by this new expansion team. I'm hoping they do so, because it will add a lot of realism and excitement to these modes.

Will 100% not come in 20 cause no licence for. In 21 will be. So do not believe any advertising like they did on Legends for offline modes.
  • I know they didn't have Vegas in NHL 17, but it would be nice if they added an option to add Seattle by the start of the 2021-22 season. Right now you can add a 32nd team but only at the start of the Franchise Mode, but you can't choose which season you want them to join the league. They do not need any licence since the team don't exist yet. Obviously you would need to apply them a name, create them a jersey, logo, arena, ect. I know it's unlikely that they added this for NHL 20, but it will certainly be nice
  • I know they didn't have Vegas in NHL 17, but it would be nice if they added an option to add Seattle by the start of the 2021-22 season. Right now you can add a 32nd team but only at the start of the Franchise Mode, but you can't choose which season you want them to join the league. They do not need any licence since the team don't exist yet. Obviously you would need to apply them a name, create them a jersey, logo, arena, ect. I know it's unlikely that they added this for NHL 20, but it will certainly be nice

That seems like a lot of work for a team that won't be in the league for two or three years (at the time the game even releases). I understand the excitement. But there are other needs for NHL 20 right now. I think at the top of the list is stabilizing online play. But just as important is finally doing something to freshen up Be a Pro.