EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 WOC Progression Changes

We made some changes on WoC progression based on your feedback, check it out & discuss it here.

Buy now is broken in HUT auction house

Prev1
Is anyone else having this issue? Every time I try to buy now I get an error message and it backs me out to the main menu.

I’ve also gotten the “lost connection” message and pushed back to the main menu so many times navigating through HUT and in offline game modes in HUT since the game was released. The same thing happened last year too. I know it’s not my connection because I never get this issue playing fifa or madden’s FUT and MUT modes. Does EA ever care to check what their community says or are they only pumping money into marketing for new people to buy their game and not care about the people that actually play it on a consistent basis?

Cheers.

Replies

• Socair
    1606 posts Game Changer
    Open a case at EA help and say you think you have a negative escrow issue.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • I have the same issue, posted the error code in the tech forum
  • I have the same problem! What should i do? I really need that button!
  • TDWP12
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i have 16/16 december collectibles and for 2 days straight i havnt been able to add the 16th one to the set. its stuck on 15 and when i try to insert the last one it says either error sending item to set or it says no items available on the sets page. this is crap
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    TDWP12 wrote: »
    i have 16/16 december collectibles and for 2 days straight i havnt been able to add the 16th one to the set. its stuck on 15 and when i try to insert the last one it says either error sending item to set or it says no items available on the sets page. this is crap

You need to put in the 10X collectable in that slot. You got it when you finished the first set.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Open a case at EA help and say you think you have a negative escrow issue.

I reached out to EA support on this because I am having the same issue with buy now in the auction house. They had me sign out and restart my console and did nothing with a "negative escrow" issue. In fact I was told he checked with the studio and that there are no known issues with this. Further, I was told that I shouldn't treat EA forums as facts unless EA releases notes about it. Needless to say, I'm still getting the error when I try to use buy now and I've wasted my own time.
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    Try another agent, tell them its a stuck pucks issue. Advise them to remove your current puck balance and then readd it. Ive gone through this 4 times in the last 2 years.
  • I have the same issue and will contact EA Help to get it remedied - hopefully...
  • EA_Rtas
    57 posts EA Moderator
    13ulow wrote: »
    I have the same issue and will contact EA Help to get it remedied - hopefully...

They should be able to get the issue sorted if you follow the advice of @Socair and inform them you're getting a "Negative escrow" issue
  • Sambooger3
    4 posts New member
    edited March 31
    I've had that problem on & off again since New Years now and sometimes it can work fine and others it's an ERROR, If you contact EA and chat with them online they can almost always fix the issue 4 U, at least until you exit the game session and then the next time you playing and try it? Who knows if it'll work or not, Ive done that half a dozen times and always the same thing, I do have a suggestion that helps me most of the time after getting the boot error, I just re-enter hut and any item I want to use the buy now feature on after that, I just always remember to put a bid in on the item first, and then try to buy now afterwards, it helps a lot actually but doesn't always work 100%

Good luck & god speed to all who must deal with ea's bombardment of errors that they continuously heave onto the heads of those who pay their wages, for their shelter, food, cl.Othing, and they always do it with an attitude like they think we should thank them for the head ache they were so kind to bestow on us, heaven forbid they ever get it right the first time or even the tenth, but at least they are consistent in their ridiculous non existent attempts at what most other businesses refer to as customer service, and they actyally consider a priority.....unlike EA, they're still out to lunch.
  • [quote="EA_Rtas;c-2060231"][quote="13ulow;c-2060225"]I have the same issue and will contact EA Help to get it remedied - hopefully...[/quote]

They should be able to get the issue sorted if you follow the advice of @Socair and inform them you're getting a "Negative escrow" issue[/quote]

“They should be”. I opened 2 cases to have it fixed this year and after 30 mins with both I gave up. Both times got disconnected from chat. Even after you have one case open they make you go through the exact same wait/transfer steps. Just sharing so hopefully you can fix it one day.

The same problem has happened at some point 3 years in a row. When you buying an auction something goes out of sync with your coins. One year was a low bid that took my coins and didn’t give the bidded auction. Next was a high bid that gave me the card and my coins back, 200k+. Both years I couldn’t buy now anything. This year didn’t notice what caused it but it’s back, happened on October. It seems it allows me to buy now any cards released after it occurred. Since it was so early no a big problem.

Hopefully you can find out the cause and a fix. Kind of brutal if it’s a glitch players can take advantage of to get a card and the coins back.
  • EA_Roger
    1343 posts Community Manager
    edited April 1
    @Levis9999 , would you mind sharing your case numbers with me, I can't seem to find any on your account. That way I can double check why they didn't go though. If you are having issues connecting to our chat I recommend using our click to call option & request one of our agents to call you directly. This issue requires the intervention of our players on your account and can only be fixed in this manner.

You can click here to request a call.

Our agents are available Monday through Saturday: 9:00 am- 11:00 pm (CST)
  • 45206020 is the only one I can find, not sure if it’s the first or second. It was back In December, must have deleted the other. The first agent was helping then was disconnected from chat. It happens no problem. The issue I had was there was already a case opened with the info and I was forced to repeat all the original steps, big waste of time.

The second agent said he couldn’t help because I didn’t know the email address linked to the account. I knew the name just not the provider. While I was looking it up he ended the chat. Now I know I’m going to have to go through all the same questions again, no thanks.

I don’t have much free time and would rather play the game then spend it trying to have a bug fixed that has been around for years.
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    Levis0990 wrote: »
    45206020 is the only one I can find, not sure if it’s the first or second. It was back In December, must have deleted the other. The first agent was helping then was disconnected from chat. It happens no problem. The issue I had was there was already a case opened with the info and I was forced to repeat all the original steps, big waste of time.

The second agent said he couldn’t help because I didn’t know the email address linked to the account. I knew the name just not the provider. While I was looking it up he ended the chat. Now I know I’m going to have to go through all the same questions again, no thanks.

I don’t have much free time and would rather play the game then spend it trying to have a bug fixed that has been around for years.

Yeah, it's terrible when people waste your time!
  • 13ulow
    48 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    13ulow wrote: »
    I have the same issue and will contact EA Help to get it remedied - hopefully...

They should be able to get the issue sorted if you follow the advice of @Socair and inform them you're getting a "Negative escrow" issue

I noticed that I did not get an issue number, and the auto reply goes like this (see below). Does this mean I reported it the wrong way somehow?

Hello,

Thank you for reporting a NHL 19 bug to EA Help. We review the reports and work with the game development team to identify and fix the bugs that occur most often for multiple players.

While we cannot reply to you on the status of this report, you can watch for future game updates containing information on bug fixes

If you need an immediate fix to continue playing a game, go back to EA Help and select a topic other than Report a bug.

You can find additional information on known issues, including potential workarounds, at EA Help and Answers HQ.
  • 13ulow
    48 posts Member
    edited April 18
    Not that hard to answer my post, one would think. But no, no reply from any EA people...

And when I check my reported case I can see that it has been closed. Closed without any notification or any comment.

This is what makes me a dissatisfied customer. I can take that the game is not flawless, but I hate that you treat me like I’m nothing.
  • EA_Roger
    1343 posts Community Manager
    @13ulow ,

Sorry for your experience here, reporting a bug to our support will not provide an immediate fix as per the message you shared above:

If you need an immediate fix to continue playing a game, go back to EA Help and select a topic other than Report a bug.

I can see that you have since discussed this with an advisor who has attempted to rectify the situation with you, can you confirm that everything is in order?

Thanks,

Roger.
  • 13ulow
    48 posts Member
    Thanks for your reply, Roger.

Yes, I managed to talk to an agent via chat, and he resolved the issue quickly. It is just sad that no one could have explained this in detail, i.e. that chat was the only option.

I’m sure some of you EA guys have seen my posts.
  • 13ulow wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, Roger.

Yes, I managed to talk to an agent via chat, and he resolved the issue quickly. It is just sad that no one could have explained this in detail, i.e. that chat was the only option.

I’m sure some of you EA guys have seen my posts.

How did they fix it I got the error a couple times today.
  • @TreborMalkin, I mentioned that I had the negative escrow issue (i.e. cannot buy now from auction house) and he fixed it within the minute.

Make sure that you contact EA via chat and not by reporting an issue any other way 😝