EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

How to fix this game

sgiz1
535 posts Member
For the 10,000th time in the last 8 years, the biggest issue with this game is online latency/input delay, you fix this, 90% of the problems in this game go away...... For the love of God EA!!! Why will you never address this #1 issue?

Replies

• monz
    769 posts Member
    Easy sell the licensing rights to a competent company.
  • i'd start by having them test these updates before release. once again after an update i could not collect the daily collectable because the set menu was empty. last week the daily objectives didn't reset and now they have an objective that can't be completed because of EA's error.
  • zingaa1
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Not to add salt in the wound, but I have never had a laggy game with any year of NHL, going back 12 years. Not sure if it's because I live in Southern California or my setup. But, it's irrelevant since I get a ton of DRE's and search freeze problems this year.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Not to add salt in the wound, but I have never had a laggy game with any year of NHL, going back 12 years. Not sure if it's because I live in Southern California or my setup. But, it's irrelevant since I get a ton of DRE's and search freeze problems this year.

It's not so much as lag as it is input delay. I personally have not played HUT, but I hear there is little to no input delay. Sort of like playing offline. However, there is a stark difference of the input lag from offline to EASHL. I wish a dev would come in here and say how much of a ms difference it is between the two modes because EASHL continuous to feel like playing in molasses each year.
  • sgiz1
    535 posts Member
    Correct, its not lag. Many are plagued with 1/4 to 1/2 second input delay, which may not seem like much, but it's huge in a quick twitch game like NHL. It not only affects your responsiveness and ability to command your skater, but the game computations, affects, attributes, actions such as picking up loose pucks, skating is sluggish, accuracy off, etc. are also magnified if you have this latency.
  • Is this day time or early evening? The reason I ask is, I mostly play at graveyard time, 10:00 pm to 4:00am. This might be the reason I don't see the problem, obviously way less players on, not that it should matter , you should be able to play smoothly all days/times.
  • j0rtsu67
    405 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Lag is totally different than input delay/fat man lag/mud skating people are suffering from.

The best way to describe is that you can see lag from a video clip, but input delay/fatman lag/mud skating is actually very hard/impossible to notice from clips. But when you have it, you really can feel it!

And I wonder if those who have never had it don't know how much it affects the experience of this game. -"Git gud..." :#