EA Forums - Banner

Do captaincy consumables give players an increase to their skills ratings like before??

I've added a captain consumable card to one of my players and didn't notice any type of increase like there was before, So I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if they do anything to benefit the players assigned as captains or not, I figured they would since they are a bit costly for something that's useless other than maybe a letter on the players jersey, I haven't seen it though. Could somebody please let me know if I should bother keeping these captaincy consumable cards or sell am off if they do nothing for me please and thanks

Replies

• No they give no boost at all
  • Just another cash grab by money hungry ea
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't see how cash is involved here.

What I don't see is any need to change a player's jersey number, other than wanting to trick my opponent into thinking the player is someone else?
  • monz
    958 posts Member

What I don't see is any need to change a player's jersey number, other than wanting to trick my opponent into thinking the player is someone else?

Some people dont like having 2 players on the ice. At the same with the same number, Im one of them.
  • monz wrote: »

Some people dont like having 2 players on the ice. At the same with the same number, Im one of them.

Same. Although I did play a bit with Evander Kane as 88 & had him on the same line as Patrick Kane. Was too good of an opportunity to pass up lol.
  • monz wrote: »

Same. Although I did play a bit with Evander Kane as 88 & had him on the same line as Patrick Kane. Was too good of an opportunity to pass up lol.

Haha this is brilliant idea! :smiley:
  • I've done the same thing with Claude Lemieux, switching him to 66.

However, I've changed guys like Ferraro to his LA Kings number because that's the uniform I was wearing for a while. I've wanted to do the same thing for Roenick because I remember him more as 97 than 27.

I'd do the same thing with a Hossa card if I ever acquired a top notch card of his and I was building my All pens team i have done in the past. He'd be wearing 18 for me.
  • If they do nothing for using them why are people willing to pay 20 or 30 grand for the damn things? It makes no sense to me why anyone would pay anything for them at all
  • Sambooger3 wrote: »
    If they do nothing for using them why are people willing to pay 20 or 30 grand for the damn things? It makes no sense to me why anyone would pay anything for them at all

Why does anybody pay real or virtual money for any cosmetic item in any game? Some people just want those things I suppose.
  • Wish I looked this up earlier before wasting 25k on a pointless consumable...... why even have it in the game?!? You can barely see what’s on their jerseys anyway. They were a fraction of the cost when they actually did something. Thanks for wasting my time EA
  • Wish I looked this up earlier before wasting 25k on a pointless consumable...... why even have it in the game?!? You can barely see what’s on their jerseys anyway. They were a fraction of the cost when they actually did something. Thanks for wasting my time EA

You should have wasted your own time and found out before you wasted coins, this has been known for over 2 months, EA put something in that people asked for, your the one that got sucked into paying 25k for it.
  • bclowser
    1 posts New member
    edited April 2020
    I remember in the older NHL games in the HUT when you added captaincy it boosted stats. Alternate added +1 on everything and Captain +2 on everything. I thought this would be the case in NHL 20, but you get something even better....

A gold star on the player card!

Other than putting the letter on the jersey this consumable is pretty pointless..

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Man this is sooooo dumb. Not to mention if you remove the customization then the item just simply goes away? this game.... I swear.
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    Man this is sooooo dumb. Not to mention if you remove the customization then the item just simply goes away? this game.... I swear.

Consumables are consumed when they are used. Those items may also be purchasable through the auction house.