EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Customization Streamlining

I made a post on AHQ but figured it would probably get more exposure here.

After removing a friend's GM status because he kept giving himself the C I noticed our entire team's custom identity completely reset (thanks for that btw) and spent I dunno how long redoing everything.

I'm sure any GM of a dedicated EASHL team will agree that creating jerseys and equipment has been a bit of a chore the last few seasons and I'm hoping the dev team can make some easy changes for NHL 20. Below are just some of the things I'd like to see to make life easier for everyone.

Stop Auto-rotating Equipment

It's extremely annoying when you want to just focus on a specific part of, say, the back of a goalie's pad, and it just flips back to the front, forcing you to rotate until you can see again. There is no need for this; maybe there could be a toggle.

Make it easier to see what part you're changing

This bright lime green colour not only blends into other colours like white, but most of the time the line, text, or whatever is so small you don't even know what you're looking at. On top of that, the green indicator goes away so fast that you need to back out and back in again and pray you find it. These problems are only intensified with the rotation issue and I think a simple zoom and snap function would work wonders here.

Multi-zone Select

Easy, just allow us to select multiple areas at once instead of forcing us to individually colour each section/piece.

Home/Away "Apply to Both" Function

I understand there needs to be a difference between the home and away sweater colours, but things like pads, helmets, jersey fonts and styles almost always remain the same, please for the love of everything holy, allow us to select patterns/colours for home and away at the same time.

Better "Apply Team Colours"

I don't know, maybe change 'Team Colours' to take such things like text, accents, and main colours into account? In its current state, there is almost no point in using it since trying it on a blocker, trapper, or pad only changes, like, 2 colours and that's it.

Team Equipment Settings

You spend all that time tweaking colours only to see in-game that your ai is using a different brand glove or pads and they look nasty - Please let us set specific gear for our whole team to wear (and show these pieces while we are customizing)

Replies

• mackho88
    1 posts New member
    World of Chel really has changed the game for the better, but one big thing I'd love them to change is customization and the way that works. The options you get from hockey bags are cool, and earning those is a good process, but I would like to see customization changed to more closely model the FIFA series. In Chel, you get all this random crap from other NHL teams that you'd never use. I mean, most of us probably only follow one or two teams. The rest, we couldn't care less about, or outright do not like. So getting all of those items for NHL teams I don't like with gear I'd never use becomes a waste. Meanwhile, the stuff I do want never gets unlocked, or takes forever to randomly show up. The system basically works for unlocking brand name gear or Chel gear because that stuff is just design oriented and it's cool to see what's next. All the same, I'd like to be able to unlock gear of my choice with a points system, much the way FIFA does. And it seems to take forever to unlock stuff you want as well. Anyway, one of the best sports games I've played and far and away the best hockey game. That one detail is just a bummer and I'd love that improved. Just my two cents. Thanks guys.
  • I would love the ability to pick a mask for our goalie. And be able to customize the colours

• For those that play drop ins they’re pointless. Especially if you only play as skater. You can’t wear any of the tops and all the goalie stuff is useless. Unfortunately that’s pretty much all I get in my bags. Nothing I can use and the rest is horns and emotes. Nothing to work towards in drop ins once you unlock all the “perks” that I’m convinced do nothing.
  • > @mackho88 said:
    > World of Chel really has changed the game for the better, but one big thing I'd love them to change is customization and the way that works. The options you get from hockey bags are cool, and earning those is a good process, but I would like to see customization changed to more closely model the FIFA series. In Chel, you get all this random crap from other NHL teams that you'd never use. I mean, most of us probably only follow one or two teams. The rest, we couldn't care less about, or outright do not like. So getting all of those items for NHL teams I don't like with gear I'd never use becomes a waste. Meanwhile, the stuff I do want never gets unlocked, or takes forever to randomly show up. The system basically works for unlocking brand name gear or Chel gear because that stuff is just design oriented and it's cool to see what's next. All the same, I'd like to be able to unlock gear of my choice with a points system, much the way FIFA does. And it seems to take forever to unlock stuff you want as well. Anyway, one of the best sports games I've played and far and away the best hockey game. That one detail is just a bummer and I'd love that improved. Just my two cents. Thanks guys.

Agree! I love Chel and it's pretty much all I play, but the fact that it's March and I still haven't unlocked half the skater clothing options is a drag. And what's with getting at least two pieces of goalie equipment with every hockey bag? If I don't play goal, I don't want to unlock their gear :-)
  • Undo/Redo
    Copy/Paste
    Save “Drafts” of Uniforms
    New Color Picker (The color wheels saturation is totally off)
    Textures/Patterns for uniforms
  • Agree with the OP on the subject.

The color wheel would should provide the RGB value of the selected colors so we can write them down and reproduce them when needed.

Removes the guess work and is something we can take with us to the next edition.

• So great to see nothing has changed /s