EA Forums - Banner

Done, done, and done

Bonediggity7777
45 posts Member
edited December 2018
Done with the nonsense penalty calls, done with being on the PK for 10 minutes, done with the awful pack luck (buy 2 ultimate packs and get 4 gold rares combined, best card was an 82 and only got 1 gold rare in one of them... FOR 60 BUCKS!!!). Done with the Buy Now error in the auction house, done with the inconsistent play (one game your guys play amazing and the next they cant hit the net from the slot and get knocked off the puck so easily. Just done, sick of spending my money for nothing but frustration. I guess I'll try world of chel or franchise, but forget HUT.

Hopefully you guys are enjoying HUT more than I did this year. More expensive packs for a lot less of return.

Edited for cursing. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Replies

• I'm with you. Especially inconsistensy irritates me. I wouldn't even care if it was always bad. That way I might be able to tweak my game in the direction for it to become more playable but every game feels like I'm playing with a different team
  • aside from the online play HUT is the only redeeming mode in NHL 19 for me. i like chasing the Legends.

i was tired of Chel after the 1st day and your complaints about penalties are mine for Play Now, Seasons and Be A Pro modes. overall i'm unhappy with 19 and play 18 when i want to play any mode other than HUT. i'm not planning on buying 20 (or whatever they'll call it) but EA has the monopoly on sports games and those are the only games i play. even if i move to football, soccer or basketball they'll probably get my money. it must be nice to have no competition.
  • I've tried to stay away from dumping any money on this game, periodically I'll drop 15 bucks on it and buy a pack or two, but the inconsistent game play, of never knowing if your team is going to get dominated by someone far inferior, who has 84 Matthews as their best player.

If I didn't use the game as a way to be social with some friends (while the wife works and I'm at home with the kid) and have people over to play some seasons of Hut/online VS, I would have chucked it out the window a long time ago.

I feel ya buddy
  • DerTaurus
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I am with you, I am also fed up with the game, the first shot is 90% in goal, I shoot like an ideot, always over, on the goalkeeper, or at the post, the cpu always has dangerous shots, you only have frustration. you can press a button 10x, the puck sticks to the stick, I go for every pockcheck on the bench, the cpu gets every 10 games a penalty, this is not realistic, this has nothing to do with ice hockey. I have never seen such a game. ea has destroyed the whole game with the punishments. from the allstar mode, the game is no longer playable, the whole game I play 5 against 3, I get for every check and for almost every touch a penalty, what the hell. I'm just frustrated, the cpu is god, my team is a bunch of old men. my players have 99 speed, but the defenders of the cpu run backwards faster than mine, where is the reality, that's just scam on the customer, ea has messed up the game completely. Thank you, ea, the game is the last time, I have never played such unfair things.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
  • Togg4m wrote: »
    I'm with you. Especially inconsistensy irritates me. I wouldn't even care if it was always bad. That way I might be able to tweak my game in the direction for it to become more playable but every game feels like I'm playing with a different team

Right! Even in the under 80 comp season, my 99 Lemieux gets caught from behind by an 80 overall card with 87 speed... like, what!?!? Other games, he skates circles around players like 94 sakic.
  • Bonediggity7777
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    aside from the online play HUT is the only redeeming mode in NHL 19 for me. i like chasing the Legends.

i was tired of Chel after the 1st day and your complaints about penalties are mine for Play Now, Seasons and Be A Pro modes. overall i'm unhappy with 19 and play 18 when i want to play any mode other than HUT. i'm not planning on buying 20 (or whatever they'll call it) but EA has the monopoly on sports games and those are the only games i play. even if i move to football, soccer or basketball they'll probably get my money. it must be nice to have no competition.

I also like chasing the legends. I have spent far more money than I am proud of... and you know how many legends I've pulled? ZERO. I really enjoy building my team from the ground up, but at what cost? Far more money than the game is actually worth! 30 bucks for an ultimate pack... 2 gold rares. Enjoy your 15 dollar Frederik Anderson and your 15 dollar Tyler Toffoli... and get about 8000 coins from the other 28 cards you got. Very cool concept, no pack luck. Pay to win? No. Pay and hope to get lucky after spending 100 dollars to get just 1 player on your team that's worth anything? Yes.
  • DerTaurus wrote: »
    I am with you, I am also fed up with the game, the first shot is 90% in goal, I shoot like an ideot, always over, on the goalkeeper, or at the post, the cpu always has dangerous shots, you only have frustration. you can press a button 10x, the puck sticks to the stick, I go for every pockcheck on the bench, the cpu gets every 10 games a penalty, this is not realistic, this has nothing to do with ice hockey. I have never seen such a game. ea has destroyed the whole game with the punishments. from the allstar mode, the game is no longer playable, the whole game I play 5 against 3, I get for every check and for almost every touch a penalty, what the hell. I'm just frustrated, the cpu is god, my team is a bunch of old men. my players have 99 speed, but the defenders of the cpu run backwards faster than mine, where is the reality, that's just scam on the customer, ea has messed up the game completely. Thank you, ea, the game is the last time, I have never played such unfair things.

[Socair - edited for profanity]

100% agree! It's to the point where I cant play d. Just let the guy skate around in my zone until I get put of position. If I poke, I'm going to the box. if I stick lift, I go to the box. If i body check, he bounces off me and I'm out of position the gets an easy cheese short side goal. The back skate is ridiculous. Do they really think that if McDavid is on a breakaway in real life that someone is going to be able to back skate as fast as him?? Lol, give me a break!
  • After I destroyed my elite controller, I decidet to stop playing HUT too. It was my most expensive game of live. I bought ultimate in presale. Gold packs are useless. Best player I got was 84 ovr. At least i don't invested real money in game. I bought packs for coins i made in game, my best player is Morenz. I pulled it recently.
  • I picked this up cyber Monday, was excited about some of the development/progression rewards I saw in HUT. Have be absolutely horrrrrrified by the gameplay experience, I would give a no-nut-November over again to have the gameplay of NHL15 back.

Its really sad that connection issues are still so rampant after 5 years, and that defense has become extinct. Pretty sure I will be trading the game in at the end of January if not sooner.

Sorry EA, but I hope your stock continues to fall to new 52 week lows, you deserve every cent lost.