EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

How to bring people back to the series ( NHL20)

Prev13456
deadman9999
871 posts Member
edited December 2018
1. Only offer one version of the game for everyone, because ea fooled everyone saying u can get a "Gretzky Cover"
2. offer it at a price of $49.99 Canadian
3. for EASHL go back to the way it was in 18, the ability to create 6 different players for your profile and 6 differnt names for each player
4. For club go back to the unlocking system from 18, no hockey bags for unlocking club stuff
5. make sure dressing room errors are very little
6. has to be on the frostbite engine
7. bring FACE SCAN to the series
8. make it so drop in people stay together after the game
9. id prefer authentic goal songs than a Soundtrack for the game
10. Make EASHL Playoffs actually mean something, banner raising, even a tropy celebration like winning the Stanley Cup

Replies

• Point 7 agree and would like, but there is much more missing in this game that it makes worth to buy
  • 1. Make a decent game that's fun to play.
  • You bring people back by selling the game you had in beta which gave people the incentive to buy it.
  • 1. fix matchmaker.

2. fix this garbage menu system. It is horrendous and defies logic at certain times.

3. Stop catering to try-hard forwards.

4. Give EASHL its own tuning that requires team-play and cycling to win instead of the curl-your-stick-to-glory playstyle we've seen the last 5 years.
  • I guess it's kind of diffrent people, with diffrent wishes here. One are Hockey gamers only which care about the gameplay only, others are Arcade fun player and third are real Hardcore fans who wants similar and closer to NHL in all details including a good gameplay.
  • Stop asking for future things and ask for things now! In this day in age of gaming they can make it all happen now!
  • EA, I have played the NHL series since the late 90's. Every few years, the new NHL would be AMAZING! Ever since I bought an x-box 1, I have to say I have not seen much difference in gameplay, ranging from nhl 16 to 19. I am not posting this to complain. But I feel that the NHL franchise, in order to regain the praise it once had, must have A MAJOR UPDATE....
    Madden, NBA, they received the upgrade ALST YEAR. It's time to use best engine available (Frostbite?) for NHL 20. It may be a big expense, but in the end, you will benefit (As will the player's) from this investment. NHL 2020 HAS to be BETTER, and not by just a little, than 2019. You have the ability, please upgrade the games engine.
  • VeNOM2099
    3040 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    #1. Make your HOCKEY game play... y'know... HOCKEY. Making a HOCKEY game for people that dont play, follow or are even mildly interested in hockey? Game will never grow.

#2. EASHL has to play different than HUT and different than VS. The bad excuse that the playerbase is too small to split up between different types of lobbies is just that; an excuse... And a bad one at that.

#3. Give people CHOICES. They want to build their own player type? LET THEM!! They want ZERO assist from the game? LET THEM!! They want to play a more realistic version of HUT or VS? LET THEM!! Stop limitting your player base to appease the casuals or beginners.

#4. Dumbing the game down so that casuals can "hang" cheapens the game experience for everyone, including the casuals. Giving players a challenge makes games have longevity. It makes casuals strive for something better. Stop treating your player base like little infants that need help with everything: auto-passing, auto-shooting, auto-skating, auto-dekes, auto-saves... STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP!!!

#5. The elite dont represent (or care for) the rest of the community. If you insist on catering to their whims then do so in a separate game mode for them. Most of them are gamers first and have a minimal understanding of hockey (if any at all). Some of us actually want a HUT mode that's more challenging and realistic. That requires skills like THINKING on top of having "twitch skills", where the cards you have represent your play style, not how big your wallet is. Where going up the ranks means starting with a crap team of mostly all bronze players to the top ranks where gold and special cards are a badge of achievement, not have teams in the bottom tier be stacked with all legends you purchased...

#6. Last but CERTAINLY not least; the community has been begging for years that this series finally pick a direction and go for it. This mish-mash of Sim-Cade just doesnt work. It doesnt. If you REALLY wanna go both ways? Then make two distinct tracks for each game mode; one arcade, the other simulation and let people play what they like. You'll still cater to both but at least you'll give each individual side what they're looking for.

[Removed call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    #1. Make your HOCKEY game play... y'know... HOCKEY. Making a HOCKEY game for people that dont play, follow or are even mildly interested in hockey? Game will never grow.

#2. EASHL has to play different than HUT and different than VS. The bad excuse that the playerbase is too small to split up between different types of lobbies is just that; an excuse... And a bad one at that.

#3. Give people CHOICES. They want to build their own player type? LET THEM!! They want ZERO assist from the game? LET THEM!! They want to play a more realistic version of HUT or VS? LET THEM!! Stop limitting your player base to appease the casuals or beginners.

#4. Dumbing the game down so that casuals can "hang" cheapens the game experience for everyone, including the casuals. Giving players a challenge makes games have longevity. It makes casuals strive for something better. Stop treating your player base like little infants that need help with everything: auto-passing, auto-shooting, auto-skating, auto-dekes, auto-saves... STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP!!!

#5. The elite dont represent (or care for) the rest of the community. If you insist on catering to their whims then do so in a separate game mode for them. Most of them are gamers first and have a minimal understanding of hockey (if any at all). Give them casual settings so they can score a bajillion goals per period and entertain their viewership while they inflate their GIANT egos. Some of us actually want a HUT mode that's more challenging and realistic. That requires skills like THINKING on top of having "twitch skills", where the cards you have represent your play style, not how big your wallet is. Where going up the ranks means starting with a crap team of mostly all bronze players to the top ranks where gold and special cards are a badge of achievement, not have teams in the bottom tier be stacked with all legends you purchased...

#6. Last but CERTAINLY not least; the community has been begging for years that this series finally pick a direction and go for it. This mish-mash of Sim-Cade just doesnt work. It doesnt. If you REALLY wanna go both ways? Then make two distinct tracks for each game mode; one arcade, the other simulation and let people play what they like. You'll still cater to both but at least you'll give each individual side what they're looking for. [Edited quote]

Hard to argue with this. I feel the same.

Hockey IQ and twitch skills have to matter more than they currently do. Period.
  • Damage is done imo, they can't bring anybody back, they can only salvage what's left. Even if everyone's wishes were granted, that's not going to bring players back.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Damage is done imo, they can't bring anybody back, they can only salvage what's left. Even if everyone's wishes were granted, that's not going to bring players back.

you underestimate the power of word-of-mouth.
  • Lobbies for Drop Ins. I care much more about who Im playing with/against, than what position I get.

or at the very least, Divisions/Tiers for Drop Ins. Maybe something like ones, where if you lose 2 games in a row you go down a level. Anything to make it more interesting than it is now and group similar levels of competition together. I went from 500+ drop in games a year, to 10 games this year.

EASHL Team Practice. Playing club EASHL with friends ranging from Top HUT players down to guys using NHL94 controls, its frustrating on both ends that there's no way for us to help get the newer players better at the game / understanding of our systems.

NHL Ones WITH FRIENDS - The only way I want to play with mode is with friends. No rankings, just goofing around with 1 puck and a goalie.
    EASHL player
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    Damage is done imo, they can't bring anybody back, they can only salvage what's left. Even if everyone's wishes were granted, that's not going to bring players back.

you underestimate the power of word-of-mouth.

No I don't actually, even if the game was fixed you would have to have a ton of fanboys to promote it and tell everyone how great it is, which is not going to happen, because A, the game is not going to make a miraculous turn around, B, players are just not going to be motivated enough to get on a soapbox and try to recruit lots of players that were lost. Even if you have that happen, how many will come back? 10,000 players? 10,000 is nothing and that would be wishful thinking at best.
  • * get rid of highend legend reward system(it breaks balance of game and makes every team looks same)
    * boost synergy system significantly or just get rid of it.(it's useless for now. high overall >>> synergy)
    * reduce worldwide lag issue on online play(make users to choose server or way of connection)
    * make salary cap mode in HUT(make silver, bronze players useful like before)
    * item enhancement system(ex. make it possible to boost some most used player or give plus stats to C or A so users can keep using their favorite players. not just replacing with higher star players)
    * stop making some kind of typical star players like Ristolainen or Subban.
    * weaken wristshot power and stupid long range snipe.
  • B-Bunny
    878 posts Game Changer
    edited April 2019
    I'm not much of a franchise guy, but I do enjoy doing fantasy drafts in there and simming 99% of the games and seeing how my players develop and progress. Scouting for new talent and watching a 65 overall become an 85+. Stuff like that.

I've been playing MLB lately and I just become engrossed with their franchise mode, how quick the simming goes, and the options available to someone playing the way I like to play.

I would love to take the same approach with hockey but it simply isn't feasible. I can get through like 3 seasons simming and manually scouting, adjusting lines, checking leaderboards etc before I could get through 1 in NHL. Not to mention all the other facets that are making my MLB experience much better than my NHL one.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    For starters, you don't lie about a monstrous feature like Legends in all modes. Or if it wasn't a lie, you put the work and time in to fix it ASAP after announcing that you encountered some problems with their ages.

What you don't do is just ignore fixing Legends that people paid $60+ for.

They should have received the same publicity treatment as FO76, Anthem, and others for this outright, blatant deception, but EA devs get a pass once again.

[Edited call out]
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

#5. The elite dont represent (or care for) the rest of the community. If you insist on catering to their whims then do so in a separate game mode for them. Most of them are gamers first and have a minimal understanding of hockey (if any at all). Some of us actually want a HUT mode that's more challenging and realistic. That requires skills like THINKING on top of having "twitch skills", where the cards you have represent your play style, not how big your wallet is. Where going up the ranks means starting with a crap team of mostly all bronze players to the top ranks where gold and special cards are a badge of achievement, not have teams in the bottom tier be stacked with all legends you purchased...

#6. Last but CERTAINLY not least; the community has been begging for years that this series finally pick a direction and go for it. This mish-mash of Sim-Cade just doesnt work. It doesnt. If you REALLY wanna go both ways? Then make two distinct tracks for each game mode; one arcade, the other simulation and let people play what they like. You'll still cater to both but at least you'll give each individual side what they're looking for.

[Removed call out]

As always Sir well said
  • They should have historic teams like the 96-97 red wings, 76-77 Cleveland Barons, 84-85 oilers, and 88-89 whalers. They should upgrade the ahl arenas. Add more logos for custom teams like ahl and classic logos. They should add a feature that you can upload your own logos.
  • monz
    872 posts Member
    Simply put out a bug free game, stremline menus and for the love of god bring back gm connected(done properly without the terrible menu lag)
  • NLucaj31 wrote: »
    1. Only offer one version of the game for everyone, because ea fooled everyone saying u can get a "Gretzky Cover"
    2. offer it at a price of $49.99 Canadian
    3. for EASHL go back to the way it was in 18, the ability to create 6 different players for your profile and 6 differnt names for each player
    4. For club go back to the unlocking system from 18, no hockey bags for unlocking club stuff
    5. make sure dressing room errors are very little
    6. has to be on the frostbite engine
    7. bring FACE SCAN to the series
    8. make it so drop in people stay together after the game
    9. id prefer authentic goal songs than a Soundtrack for the game
    10. Make EASHL Playoffs actually mean something, banner raising, even a tropy celebration like winning the Stanley Cup

How do you even know they are making an NHL 20?

What makes you think their not making NHL 20?