EA Forums - Banner

Mic mute during online games

Is there a way to mute an online opponent by default? I'm not that intrested to listen backround family life, music etc. For some reason devs have forgotten to make it as an option? It is simply annoying that I have to listen atleast a perioid (if lycky I get the pause menu thru before they do and can mute) of wierd click sounds (what are these?) even if anyone in the other end doesn't make any sounds (couhing or some other important information I simply can't live without). Can you please atleast make it muted by default and option to open channel during intermissions? I've been looking thru sound settings etc. for a option but can't find any.

Replies

• Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Uhh? Unplug the camera, I guess?

If you do not have a microphone plugged in you do not hear anyone else either. So judging by your message you have camera plugged in and are broadcasting sound to your opponents.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Myckan wrote: »
    Is there a way to mute an online opponent by default? I'm not that intrested to listen backround family life, music etc. For some reason devs have forgotten to make it as an option? It is simply annoying that I have to listen atleast a perioid (if lycky I get the pause menu thru before they do and can mute) of wierd click sounds (what are these?) even if anyone in the other end doesn't make any sounds (couhing or some other important information I simply can't live without). Can you please atleast make it muted by default and option to open channel during intermissions? I've been looking thru sound settings etc. for a option but can't find any.

You can mute players in the ready-up screen where you choose your player class. Far as I know the mute carries over into the game once it starts. This is for EASHL.

If you are talking HUT or VS, i do not know if you can mute the opponent, but would assume it is possible.
    Post edited by WainGretSki on
  • It is HUT games (in wich I can't mute pregame) and my brother doesn't have mic plugged and still same thing happends to him so no help but thank you for reply's.
  • I just start a party ....... works perfectly
  • On PS4, you have to start a party to not hear anyone or turn the volume for voice all the way down. It was a lot easier on ps3.
  • I am confused by these replies. I don’t hear anyone by default if I don’t have mic plugged in. How can I enable that? (OP said nothing was plugged in)