EA Forums - Banner

Suggest your differences between EASHL & HUT tuners

As a community, we've made it clear that different tuners / rule sets are needed for Teamplay modes vs 1v1 modes (HUT/OnlineVs). What these differences are haven't been made as clear. What would you have separate the two tuners?

In EASHL 6s (with ai goalies and a few ai skaters in my typical game), I'd like puck movement and off puck positioning to be focal points.

- Dump & Chase to work, as right now everyone plays the trap, and a stationary defender at the blueline can turn and cleanly recover the dump. Missing the old bouncing puck physics on dumps.
- Cross crease pass/shot to go in more (understandable that in 1v1 modes you cant defend both the shot and pass. In eashl, can defend both). Maybe just have the ai goalie cheat shortside more.
- Less of the game taking control of a player's skating path to complete a pass reception (eg. the obvious offside pass reception)
- Stick Drop animation for some of the would-be-penalty poke checks, especially in Drop Ins. Punishment for poorly timed action, without making the game a penalty-fest.

and one long shot for EASHL 20: Ability to hold out forehand/backhand without the puck as a pass reception target.
EASHL player

Replies

• With AI defense in EASHL ...dump in chase can just be put on the shelf. It’s laughable how perfect the D just zoom to the puck.
    They need to make them skate and react more human like. (Maybe they should come with some built in lag)
  • Interesting ideas.
    My base take on this, is that you don't need two sets of tuners. You just needs one... That plays like hockey...
    Still, there is clearly some differences in there now...
    The Defencive Skill Stick make a lot more sense in 6v6 than it does in Vs. For a (mainly) Vs player, like myself, this leads to intercepting passes you never expected to touch, aswell as passes being stopped you were certain would go through, whenever you try a drop in.
    My take after having played 1000, or so, games in Vs and HUT and then a couple hundred in EASHL, is that EASHL calls for a more direct playing-style. You can body-check more, intercept more passes and so on.
    While in Vs you need to be overly patient, just hoping to win a loose-puck battle.

Your bulletpoints make a lot of sense... but both for Vs and EASHL.
    Only thing needed is something as unthinkable (!!!) as AI playing somewhat like a human player.
    Just have them take their natural places, and we would have no need for two different tuners (anymore).
  • What really needs to be shown are the actual online sliders we play with. It would explain a great deal of things and also let people understand more and more what is worthless and what is great. The biggest and most important slider is the Attribute Effects slider which imo should always be set at 10/10 meaning even the slightest difference should matter. The game probably uses a lower setting so that there is less difference in a sniper and grinder shooting the puck.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    What really needs to be shown are the actual online sliders we play with. It would explain a great deal of things and also let people understand more and more what is worthless and what is great. The biggest and most important slider is the Attribute Effects slider which imo should always be set at 10/10 meaning even the slightest difference should matter. The game probably uses a lower setting so that there is less difference in a sniper and grinder shooting the puck.

Yes attributes should matter. Not enough options in EASHL so it's the way to go. Thanks.