EA Forums - Banner

Do the people at EA actually play this game?

Bonediggity7777
45 posts Member
edited December 2018
I would really like to know.

I recently switched over to try the Be A Pro mode because I cant stand HUT anymore... paying 30 bucks for 2 gold rare players... do you people at EA think that is right?!? I can go drop 100 dollars and get nothing more than an 84 overall Patrice Bergeron as my best pull. That is not right at all, I miss the juiced packs that were 3 bucks a piece. I know that it "killed the market" but who cares, I loved pulling 3 team of the years in one pack, it was exciting as hell! Granted that only happened once, but at least I was getting pulls. You guys dropped a 90 brent burns the other day, there has been only 1 listed ever. How many were pulled before it was taken down?? Same thing with Evo's. How many Johnny gaudreau evos were pulled? There are none ever on the market!!... but it doesn't matter anyway! A guy with 99 speed can get caught by a guy with 80.

But I'm getting side tracked. Back to Be A Pro... on average in that game mode there are about 13 power plays. It's super fun playing 5 on 4 hockey for 25+ minutes... and I'm going to the box at least 6 minutes a game because I'm using the defensive skill stick and I tap someone's skates and it looks like they are a newborn deer trying to walk for the first time! This isn't hockey, could you imagine watching a hockey game where every time the stick hits someones legs/feet they fall.

Next thing, increasing your attributes. I shoot the puck around 8 shots a game. I get a bump in slapper accuracy and power and wrist shot accuracy... but, my wrist shot power decreases! How??? And the speed, you start out at 80 speed. Only go up from trainings, I have only done speed training and have gone up to 82 speed in 18 games... man! It's so boring trying to build that speed up. Start us out at 85 speed at least. 68 overall to start out be a pro is soooooo lame! I am up to 69 after 18 games... woooo!

And then you got a butthole coach that yells at you to get off the ice (-6 long shift, -6 long shift). Well coach I'm on the offensive end of the ice screening the goalie... but yeah sure I'll skate to the bench (-15 bad line change). Yeah, makes sense. Then you have about 10% energy left and you skate right by the bench and he gives you the -15 again for a had line change! oops, your team play really sucks... I'm demoting you to the 4th line! Ok, you're the boss demote me from the 3rd line as I am 4th on the team in scoring... yeah makes sense.

PLAY YOUR OWN GAME!!! YOU CANT THINK THIS IS GOING WELL! IN ANY GAME MODE!!!!!

Replies

• I wish EA did a “Play With Developers Night”. They invite some people on the forums and other sites to play and discuss things about the game.

But knowing how people usually are, they’re probably just bash them and not provide any insightful feedback.
  • I would love to score the exact same glitch/cheese goals on them and then rag the puck till time runs out. When they get miffed I would tell them LOL learn how to play the game bud.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I would love to score the exact same glitch/cheese goals on them and then rag the puck till time runs out. When they get miffed I would tell them LOL learn how to play the game bud.

Yup, and watch them try to get the puck away from you by poke checking to only have them go to penalty box for trip after trip. Then they try a body check to only have the guy with the puck bounce off the check and be given an easy short side cheese!
  • ThomasN7
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    EA needs to not play this game at their office but instead go play it at a friends house and see how bad people cheat and how the lag is pretty awful at times playing online. Then they will understand why people act the way they do towards this game. It would be a start in the right direction.
  • I would really like to know.

I recently switched over to try the Be A Pro mode because I cant stand HUT anymore... paying 30 bucks for 2 gold rare players... do you people at EA think that is right?!? I can go drop 100 dollars and get nothing more than an 84 overall Patrice Bergeron as my best pull. That is not right at all, I miss the juiced packs that were 3 bucks a piece. I know that it "killed the market" but who cares, I loved pulling 3 team of the years in one pack, it was exciting as hell! Granted that only happened once, but at least I was getting pulls. You guys dropped a 90 brent burns the other day, there has been only 1 listed ever. How many were pulled before it was taken down?? Same thing with Evo's. How many Johnny gaudreau evos were pulled? There are none ever on the market!!... but it doesn't matter anyway! A guy with 99 speed can get caught by a guy with 80.

But I'm getting side tracked. Back to Be A Pro... on average in that game mode there are about 13 power plays. It's super fun playing 5 on 4 hockey for 25+ minutes... and I'm going to the box at least 6 minutes a game because I'm using the defensive skill stick and I tap someone's skates and it looks like they are a newborn deer trying to walk for the first time! This isn't hockey, could you imagine watching a hockey game where every time the stick hits someones legs/feet they fall.

Next thing, increasing your attributes. I shoot the puck around 8 shots a game. I get a bump in slapper accuracy and power and wrist shot accuracy... but, my wrist shot power decreases! How??? And the speed, you start out at 80 speed. Only go up from trainings, I have only done speed training and have gone up to 82 speed in 18 games... man! It's so boring trying to build that speed up. Start us out at 85 speed at least. 68 overall to start out be a pro is soooooo lame! I am up to 69 after 18 games... woooo!

And then you got a butthole coach that yells at you to get off the ice (-6 long shift, -6 long shift). Well coach I'm on the offensive end of the ice screening the goalie... but yeah sure I'll skate to the bench (-15 bad line change). Yeah, makes sense. Then you have about 10% energy left and you skate right by the bench and he gives you the -15 again for a had line change! oops, your team play really sucks... I'm demoting you to the 4th line! Ok, you're the boss demote me from the 3rd line as I am 4th on the team in scoring... yeah makes sense.

PLAY YOUR OWN GAME!!! YOU CANT THINK THIS IS GOING WELL! IN ANY GAME MODE!!!!!

I'm not sure about some of these things, because I don't play BaPro, but if you're going to play offline, I'd recommend using tuner 1.01. It will take care of the penalty thing.

• EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    I removed the replies in here targetting the Gamechangers, honestly I don't mind the general hate train against EA however I draw the line once you start targetting specific people or players. Please keep it on topic.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Unconstructive hate on game changers is obviously bad but what do you honestly expect is going to happen @EA_Roger when they have a direct impact on changes to the game like your recent tuner problem.

If this year's tuner fiasco was any indication, you're gunna want to add more people to the program for a fresh take on the series, and we honestly need people who aren't going to pucker up to EA to help shape the game's future...
  • LeFury_27
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't think anyone should be exempt from criticism, even myself as long as it's not over the top. If you are a "gamechanger" and the game is not being tuned and updated the way the community wants it you should expect to be criticized, after all that's the reason you are there in the first place.

It would be great to see some new faces added to "gamechangers" that would actually listen to what the community wants. It's tiring for only one group of people to be heard so they can figure skate around and snipe at will. Can we get a realistic balanced game for NHL 20? That's the real question. :D
  • As far as Be A Pro mode, turn the slashing, hooking, and tripping sliders to 0, it improves the game play quite a bit.
  • It's great that I always have to do my strategies before every versus match when they could easily add a save feature. It's also nice that I have to go through loading a match before I get to see the opponents connection quality or if they decide to crutch on a team like all stars. Then I get to quit and start the whole process again.

The game for a few years now are missing some very basic features. Then top it off with them tuning this game to the point where it almost copies 18...I doubt they play this very much. Or the management is so bad over there they can hardly get anything done.
  • ThomasN7 wrote: »
    EA needs to not play this game at their office but instead go play it at a friends house and see how bad people cheat and how the lag is pretty awful at times playing online. Then they will understand why people act the way they do towards this game. It would be a start in the right direction.

Define cheating? I have a lot of games under my belt and have yet to see a player I would say is cheating.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    ThomasN7 wrote: »

Define cheating? I have a lot of games under my belt and have yet to see a player I would say is cheating.

There's no cheating by definition but people cheese, and abuse the game crappy mechanics just making the game a chore to play because this stuff can be defended, yes, but it makes the game boring as can be
  • They claim to ... I'm seeing game changers quit because there is no point ...
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    zingaa1 wrote: »
    ThomasN7 wrote: »

There's no cheating by definition but people cheese, and abuse the game crappy mechanics just making the game a chore to play because this stuff can be defended, yes, but it makes the game boring as can be

IP booting is cheating , the artificial intelligence is able to blatantly ignore game mechanics and work around them, I would also call that cheating , yes I basically just said the game is programmed to cheat and we can all easily get proof of this, but of course a dev won't confirm or deny it, actually they only deny when it's false, they don't deny any of my posts, which means it's true ...