EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

The Dangler class is OP and needs a nerf

Prev1
EpiCxOwNeD
587 posts Member
edited December 2018
Wether you play 3s or 6s, there is no shortages of danglers in this game. There isn’t many disadvantages of this class imo.

As a dangler, you can easily

-Use your speed to knock players completely off the puck from a hit. (Even if your small). Use speed to stick check like a defensive dman.
-Can pull a sting of dekes without losing the puck.
-Snipe like your Alex Ovechkin.

The class simply makes it no need for a playmaker or a sniper if you can just use the all in one dangler.

Who wants to be a sniper or a playmaker when the dangler simply outclasses them in every aspect? Classes need to reflect better on what they’re “designed” for. This includes grinders who be snipers.

Replies

  • monz
    788 posts Member
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Wether you play 3s or 6s, there is no shortages of danglers in this game. There isn’t many disadvantages of this class imo.

    As a dangler, you can easily

    -Use your speed to knock players completely off the puck from a hit. (Even if your small). Use speed to stick check like a defensive dman.
    -Can pull a sting of dekes without losing the puck.
    -Snipe like your Alex Ovechkin.

    The class simply makes it no need for a playmaker or a sniper if you can just use the all in one dangler.

    Who wants to be a sniper or a playmaker when the dangler simply outclasses them in every aspect? Classes need to reflect better on what they’re “designed” for. This includes grinders who be snipers.

    What have you been smokin??? Danglers are trash!!!
  • Dangle all day... right into my injury causing ...cover your eyes kids...hospital visit body check.
  • Dangle all day... right into my injury causing ...cover your eyes kids...hospital visit body check.

    And that’s why hockey needs good checking. Keeps everyone honest and their egos in check.

    zgm5m7d1tzc9.jpeg
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Dangle all day... right into my injury causing ...cover your eyes kids...hospital visit body check.

    I agree so much 😂
  • There is no point to a Dangler when Sniper can deke just as well and has a much better shot.

    Until we revert back to beta I'd say Power Forward is the most OP class
  • Dangle all day... right into my injury causing ...cover your eyes kids...hospital visit body check.

    That’s one major disadvantage of danglers. They can easily be put on gurneys from the “masterful” dekes they mindless do sometimes.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    There is no point to a Dangler when Sniper can deke just as well and has a much better shot.

    Until we revert back to beta I'd say Power Forward is the most OP class


    You think? PF are slow and can easily get hit lightly of the puck from smaller players. Plus they don’t have the best hands either.
  • None of them really struck me as OP atm. I’d say it’s kinda not worth discussing presently as we have the beta flip back coming.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • None of them really struck me as OP atm. I’d say it’s kinda not worth discussing presently as we have the beta flip back coming.

    I only say they’re “OP” is because I feel like it’s a 3 in 1 class. They can snipe like snipers, pass like playmakers and dangle as...danglers.

    My club mate used to be just sniper. He quit that after missing the net on 3 consecutive shots with mid 90s accuracy and went with dangler. Faster and can snipe just as well as a sniper.

    Maybe it’s just me but I felt like the beta accuracy meant more. Well, I guess I will find out in January.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    There is no point to a Dangler when Sniper can deke just as well and has a much better shot.

    Until we revert back to beta I'd say Power Forward is the most OP class


    You think? PF are slow and can easily get hit lightly of the puck from smaller players. Plus they don’t have the best hands either.

    In rare cases my sniper can hit a PF but they can do this to every class on a regular basis. They are only OP right now because of how cheese goals and goalie exploitation works in the current tuner.

    Speed has seen an extreme nerf across the board and doesn't play a large factor in anything currently. Their speed could be a problem once we revert back, but until then they only need to get in relative position to cause panic
  • inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All of the stock builds are trash. Playmaker can snipe just as good or better than the Sniper, and obviously has way better passing ability. All builds are way too similar and need to have more differentiation.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1687 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All of the stock builds are trash. Playmaker can snipe just as good or better than the Sniper, and obviously has way better passing ability. All builds are way too similar and need to have more differentiation.
    I disagree...I think each build has its advantages and disadvantages.
    I agree they all are similar...like... they can skate and shoot... and stuff.
    But you can feel... and see the differences in the different builds.
    .....and you’re a goalie ...what would you know about builds :) ?!!
  • All of the stock builds are trash. Playmaker can snipe just as good or better than the Sniper, and obviously has way better passing ability. All builds are way too similar and need to have more differentiation.
    I disagree...I think each build has its advantages and disadvantages.
    I agree they all are similar...like... they can skate and shoot... and stuff.
    But you can feel... and see the differences in the different builds.
    .....and you’re a goalie ...what would you know about builds :) ?!!

    You do realize goalies play against builds, right? You do realize as a goalie he knows which builds have more success against him, right?
  • All of the stock builds are trash. Playmaker can snipe just as good or better than the Sniper, and obviously has way better passing ability. All builds are way too similar and need to have more differentiation.
    I disagree...I think each build has its advantages and disadvantages.
    I agree they all are similar...like... they can skate and shoot... and stuff.
    But you can feel... and see the differences in the different builds.
    .....and you’re a goalie ...what would you know about builds :) ?!!

    You do realize goalies play against builds, right? You do realize as a goalie he knows which builds have more success against him, right?
    According to him all builds are trash. It then says all builds are the same after just saying playmaker can snipe just as well as a sniper...but has way better passing.??? Lol
  • In threes, this is true, only because they have faster hands than what a goalie can track, and can result in questionable tripping/hooking calls because the game can't keep up with their hand speed vs the hand speed of pokes and stick lifts ... Kinda funny isn't it ...
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1687 posts Member
    edited January 2
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    In threes, this is true, only because they have faster hands than what a goalie can track, and can result in questionable tripping/hooking calls because the game can't keep up with their hand speed vs the hand speed of pokes and stick lifts ... Kinda funny isn't it ...
    Well that backs the suggestion to have separate tuners for seperate modes.
    That would be nice.
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    In threes, this is true, only because they have faster hands than what a goalie can track, and can result in questionable tripping/hooking calls because the game can't keep up with their hand speed vs the hand speed of pokes and stick lifts ... Kinda funny isn't it ...

    Are you talking about arcade 3's or EASHL 3's?

    Arcade 3's is meant for big goals and hits. I have seen a few complain how an Enforcer can snipe in this mode and sadly, it is an arcade mode, so gonna have to accept it.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    There is no point to a Dangler when Sniper can deke just as well and has a much better shot.

    Until we revert back to beta I'd say Power Forward is the most OP class

    A sniper cannot deke as well as a dangler.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    There is no point to a Dangler when Sniper can deke just as well and has a much better shot.

    Until we revert back to beta I'd say Power Forward is the most OP class


    You think? PF are slow and can easily get hit lightly of the puck from smaller players. Plus they don’t have the best hands either.

    In rare cases my sniper can hit a PF but they can do this to every class on a regular basis. They are only OP right now because of how cheese goals and goalie exploitation works in the current tuner.

    Speed has seen an extreme nerf across the board and doesn't play a large factor in anything currently. Their speed could be a problem once we revert back, but until then they only need to get in relative position to cause panic
    All of the stock builds are trash. Playmaker can snipe just as good or better than the Sniper, and obviously has way better passing ability. All builds are way too similar and need to have more differentiation.

    I said this another post. Sometimes you play against enforcers and they can still snipe a little to well.

    I felt there was more variety with custom builds. All I see for forwards are PF, dangler and sniper. I probably get that using these three class on old gen the most used, at least my say PF can differ from yours.
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    In threes, this is true, only because they have faster hands than what a goalie can track, and can result in questionable tripping/hooking calls because the game can't keep up with their hand speed vs the hand speed of pokes and stick lifts ... Kinda funny isn't it ...

    Are you talking about arcade 3's or EASHL 3's?

    Arcade 3's is meant for big goals and hits. I have seen a few complain how an Enforcer can snipe in this mode and sadly, it is an arcade mode, so gonna have to accept it.

    Eashl 3's
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!