EA Forums - Banner

Why won't my EVO card update?

I saved to buy Filip Zadina EVO card. Finally got it knowing it would evolve. Today I see a 85 overall TOW Zadina card, looked at my EVO Zadina and to my surprise he's still a 75 overall? Whats up with this besides fraud? Make it right EA!!

Replies

• Dracolitch77
    59 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nice to get a answer to my question since this topic was moved by one of the almighty ones.
  • Socair
    2580 posts Game Changer
    Nice to get a answer to my question since this topic was moved by one of the almighty ones.

It was moved to the board where you are more likely to get an answer; from the HUT community.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Lol, no offense but why in the world would other players of this community have the answer? Wouldn't a representative of the creators of this game answer this? Like they could say its the coding, or its a glitch we're gonna have to do a update, or it takes a day or two cause thats the way our team created it etc.
  • Socair
    2580 posts Game Changer
    edited January 2019
    If it is that, then surely you aren’t alone and it will be brought up by others here too.

I’ve seen a few guys here answer HUT related questions, and evo specific stuff as well. So maybe they do know something. Out on the general discussion board all you’d get is stuff like “that’s what you get for playing pay to win” or something to that effect lol. The gameplay dev wouldn’t be able to answer this either, so maybe the tech help board is a better spot? Let’s see if any of the HUT players have had the same issue first.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • If there is an 85 Zadina, it’s most likely a special card, not a performance based upgraded card which is why your Evo will not go up to 85.

Since he is a 75 he would only go up to 77 if he get a performance based card like totw or milestone or primetime.
  • There’s a 90 overall Kovalchuk but he’s still an EVO 83. The card must not be the right criteria for the upgrade?
  • Exact same thing.
    Kovalchuk is a special christmas card just like Zadina is a HDM special card.
    They are not performance upgrade
  • If there is an 85 Zadina, it’s most likely a special card, not a performance based upgraded card which is why your Evo will not go up to 85.

Since he is a 75 he would only go up to 77 if he get a performance based card like totw or milestone or primetime.

Zadina is a TOTW at a 85 overall. The EVO cards always went to the highest overall of that EVO player. So I guess I still don't understand. The evo makes no sense if it doesn't evolve to the highest rating, thats why these cards are evolving cards. Or its a complete rip off and lie. Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, its just some shady business which sadly doesn't even surprise me. Lol
  • There is no lies involved here. EA stated last year that evo cards only upgrade when the player gets a performance upgrade. So cards like the Xmas or thanksgiving cards do not upgrade an evo.
  • There is no lies involved here. EA stated last year that evo cards only upgrade when the player gets a performance upgrade. So cards like the Xmas or thanksgiving cards do not upgrade an evo.

This. The 85 is as special card in connection to the Junior Championship. EA has stated that they will only reward a 2 point overall boost per player per month this year, so the next upgrade for Zadina would be to a 77 overall max...
  • Got it, thanks. Topic closed.

They are supposed to match their highest current card ... So like these so called dailies that weren't available to do every day, it's false advertising, which is actually illegal in Canada .

So yes ea falsely advertised them .