EA Forums - Banner

DSS working great!

Snapcaster1
240 posts Member
edited January 2019
Goodday Defense and EA SPORTS. I had to come talk about the DSS. Have you been tuning it your side EA? The last 8 days I have noticed a massive improvement in the physics and accuracy of the DSS. I have been playing defense since opening day and it has never been this good. I use my DSS exactally how I would in real hockey forcing guys to the outside or luring a shooter to force a pass, swinging through lanes and making good pokes. Guess what? It seems to be actually making plays now. And the R3 poke check is deadly actuate as of late and not drawing near as many penalties! I don’t know if any tuning has been done your side but in my opinion as a defenceman that relies on that as one of my main tools please leave it the way it is now. It’s bang on and working great!
Thanks happy dman!

Replies

• Is there a possibility you are facing less talented opponents? I noticed the last few days it takes so much longer to find a 6v6 game. It's as if the game has died off quite a bit over the holidays.
  • No bro div2 eashl all decent teams for most part and teams that have skilled players I personally know. So the competition was competitive and strong! Trust me I wouldn’t post this if I didn’t notice a considerable change as of late I’m in no way a fan of EA and what has gone on so far this year with the gameplay. But the DSS is working better in my opinion it’s working almost lifelike to me man. If you position it like a real defenceman and use it as such you will have results. I never R1 poke now.. it’s always the DSS R3 for me and it’s acurate now dude! I’ve been breaking up lots of plays sweeping the DSS in an intelligent manner and it’s actually making puck contact now. Earlier in the season the puck would always just glide through the stick. The DSS seems to have more of a contact range in the pass lanes I dunno been really successful with it as of late!!
  • And to be honest I’ve adapted to this game already so much that the revert back to beta kinda scares me now lol for real! If they just added the skating and hitting physics back I’m telling you @WainGretSki they are close bro very close! People that complain about penalties are not playing well in my opinion. Just need that beta skating back and the big hits and seriously the game is pretty solid in my opinion!
  • And to be honest I’ve adapted to this game already so much that the revert back to beta kinda scares me now lol for real! If they just added the skating and hitting physics back I’m telling you @WainGretSki they are close bro very close! People that complain about penalties are not playing well in my opinion. Just need that beta skating back and the big hits and seriously the game is pretty solid in my opinion!

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/65954529

This happens more than just this one clip. It’s a reason I’m afraid of poking. I miss the poke. Fine. However, the stick going directly to the skates afterwards is a problem. It wasn’t a bad poke but I got punished as if it was one.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    And to be honest I’ve adapted to this game already so much that the revert back to beta kinda scares me now lol for real! If they just added the skating and hitting physics back I’m telling you @WainGretSki they are close bro very close! People that complain about penalties are not playing well in my opinion. Just need that beta skating back and the big hits and seriously the game is pretty solid in my opinion!

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/65954529

This happens more than just this one clip. It’s a reason I’m afraid of poking. I miss the poke. Fine. However, the stick going directly to the skates afterwards is a problem. It wasn’t a bad poke but I got punished as if it was one.

Yea, not sure what OP is talking about poke checks being accurate. I have a completely different viewpoint on that. Said it before and I'll say it again, poke check accuracy is off. Your post confirms that.

• I don’t think anything tuner wise was changed...you probably just turned the corner... and progressed your game/ability.
  • I don’t think anything tuner wise was changed...you probably just turned the corner... and progressed your game/ability.

Could be doubt it I’ve been using it the same way since day one bro. But yes I have improved my aim and timing with it. And @EpiCxOwNeD @ExSnake01 I’m only talking about the DSS manual R3 poke not the auto R1 tap poke being accurate. So ya if your talking regular poke checks I don’t use them much so I don’t know. And if your taking trips or bad animations on the R3 Manual poke I’d like to see that video!

Could be doubt it I’ve been using it the same way since day one bro. But yes I have improved my aim and timing with it. And @EpiCxOwNeD @ExSnake01 I’m only talking about the DSS manual R3 poke not the auto R1 tap poke being accurate. So ya if your talking regular poke checks I don’t use them much so I don’t know. And if your taking trips or bad animations on the R3 Manual poke I’d like to see that video!

I would attribute this more to your timing and execution than anything else. I haven't felt or noticed a change at all since at least a month. I can guarantee you that poking with R3 is absolutely the way to go and I almost never use R1 to poke. DSS to line it up, R3 to poke it. Avoid the skates almost every time this way.
  • It’s all about the R3. Straight poke is literally a skate magnet. The only reason it works north/south is because the pucks in front of the skate’s..

That said, there hasn’t been a change that I can detect. Your timing just sucks less now. Like all things, there is a knack..
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Well awesome I guess I graduated then lol
  • Well awesome I guess I graduated then lol

I highly suspect so. You're just a better player than you were a month ago.
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ya the point is being missed tho! The DSS works great is what I was trying to get at for all these defenceman whining on here daily about having no defensive tools. It works great for me regardless of my out of nowhere (last 8 Days) New timing skills I developed that I apparently never had before lol
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ya the point is being missed tho! The DSS works great is what I was trying to get at for all these defenceman whining on here daily about having no defensive tools. It works great for me regardless of my out of nowhere (last 8 Days) New timing skills I developed that I apparently never had before lol

I find DSS works as good as it did weeks ago. I see so many players in dropins that go for straight R1 pokes all the time, even when they are cleanly beaten and have no chance of a successful poke. They simply insist on forcing their play style and won't adapt and it just doesn't work.

The DSS with R3 is indeed a great mechanic, but you still need that close to perfect gap. When a player gets up close to you, the best bet is a passive action and use incidental contact as your main weapon. So incredibly bland. More people need to realize this, and I am not talking about you necessarily. Just in general. There are still tons of forwards that have no clue how to play D in their zone.

Also it's possible that you are getting a better connection to the game for whatever reason and things feel more crisp and precise for you. In any case, I can assure you there was no change made to the game and it feels the same as weeks ago.

I would attribute this more to your timing and execution than anything else. I haven't felt or noticed a change at all since at least a month. I can guarantee you that poking with R3 is absolutely the way to go and I almost never use R1 to poke. DSS to line it up, R3 to poke it. Avoid the skates almost every time this way.

I felt that a regular RB/R1 poke was more accurate before. I don’t know if this is a fact but I don’t remember it always being like that.
  • Thank you @WainGretSki for the insight and I agree I’ve stepped up my game and practice helps of course! And yes connection was good and Lower server population last week was playing pretty late night lots of factors to consider bud!
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    I don’t think anything tuner wise was changed...you probably just turned the corner... and progressed your game/ability.

I felt that a regular RB/R1 poke was more accurate before. I don’t know if this is a fact but I don’t remember it always being like that.

Could be connection related. Honestly I do not feel a change since tuner 1.03

I very rarely do R1 pokes as they are less precise and consistent than R3 pokes initiated form DSS. I also try to aim mostly towards the backhand of a player as they always curl their sticks back to protect the puck. So in essence, I rarely aim where the puck is but rather, where I think it will be pulled to.

• Thank you @WainGretSki for the insight and I agree I’ve stepped up my game and practice helps of course! And yes connection was good and Lower server population last week was playing pretty late night lots of factors to consider bud!

Well glad to see it is better for you and that's all that matters at this point.