EA Forums - Banner

advice for getting the puck back on the PP?

Hey guys

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas for getting the puck back when i've got the powerplay?

When I notice my opponent is being a real loser and starts skating backwards just before he is about to enter my zone and skates behind his net, rinse and repeat. I'll up my forecheck to max (i usually play balanced passive 122) it works better than nothing, however if my opponent is good(and i notice this is usually only when my opponent is really good that they do stuff like this when they're on the PK)

is there something i'm missing?

thanks

Replies

• are there any tricks? or am i just SOL?
  • When I run into this I ramp up the forecheck, bring a guy to one side of the net then switch to bring another to the other side and make him make a move. Doesn’t work all the time but if I can get him to pass quicker than he wants to I usually force a turnover.
  • ya i'll try that. i've attempted but that usually only works against lower skilled guys.. cant get the good guys yet
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is how power plays have been for some years now. I think this year though, it's really rampant how many people are doing it. The lack of defensive tools really encourages this style of play. With the way this game is tuned and how difficult it is to get someone off the puck, it's often common to score goals while being shorthanded. Only thing you can do to puck raggers is forechecking and trying to control two players at once.
    Post edited by ExSnake01 on
  • canadianshield
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Switch to a defenseman (hold pass + push down left for LD or down right for RD on your right stick) and skate as last man back like while pushing down on hustle stick. Your ai will forecheck for you and will overwhelm him in a hurry.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Switch to a defenseman (hold pass + push down left for LD or down right for RD on your right stick) and skate as last man back like while pushing down on hustle stick. Your ai will forecheck for you and will overwhelm him in a hurry.

Can you elaborate this part? Are you talking about manually switching players here?

"push down left for LD or down right for RD on your right stick"

I'm sick of all these puck raggers so I'm going to give this a shot.

• ExSnake01 wrote: »

Can you elaborate this part? Are you talking about manually switching players here?

"push down left for LD or down right for RD on your right stick"

I'm sick of all these puck raggers so I'm going to give this a shot.

Correct. You can manually switch to any player by holding pass and pointing your right stick in the direction of the player you want to select.

If you have your forecheck set aggressively enough, staying back on a defenseman should force your ai forwards to forecheck for you.

It definitely works for me.
  • So you're saying control last man back and then hustle and it will get all the comps on a card forecheck? Do you set it to 122 aggressive? Or does full forecheck on 122 passive work?
  • And thanks for the advice. Excited to try this out
  • So you're saying control last man back and then hustle and it will get all the comps on a card forecheck? Do you set it to 122 aggressive? Or does full forecheck on 122 passive work?

Yeah just be last man back, then watch your ai forwards go in, once they do hit hustle stick. Unless you’re set to 1-4 full trap, your ai should forecheck regardless.