EA Forums - Banner

New Matchmaking Filter Suggestion

TTZ_Dipsy
463 posts Member
edited January 2019
Can we have a "never ever match me with anyone below a green bar connection" option when playing online VS.? At least let us choose a single server to get matched in. For example, the only search parameter I would use is "Search: NA West ONLY".

I get it EA, your matchmaking is perfect and it's all on me, but what a huge waste of everyone's time when you see the other guy is clearly light years away from your location with a black/red/yellow connection. There's lag even when you're both green but it's at least bearable.

Replies

• Makes complete sense to have option for "X connection or Better" - save us those pre puck drop quits.

and EASHL needs
    Y humans or more
    EASHL player
  • If they going to dedicated servers your opponents connection isnt going to matter anymore. It will be dependent on how far you are from the server.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    If they going to dedicated servers your opponents connection isnt going to matter anymore. It will be dependent on how far you are from the server.

That doesn't include VS though, does it? Thought they were only adding HUT to dedicated servers.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    If they going to dedicated servers your opponents connection isnt going to matter anymore. It will be dependent on how far you are from the server.

That doesn't include VS though, does it? Thought they were only adding HUT to dedicated servers.

Seems like it is HUT only to me too. Dunno why though since adding VS would be a logical addition as well.
  • No Vs. packs to pay for the resources.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Absolutely agree. But id prefer the old system where you connect with someone and can see opponents connection and team before loading. Seeing the actual ping number would be even better.