EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Dear Devs: Will Custom Music Finally Make a Return in NHL 21?

Prev13
MaxPac67
141 posts Member
edited January 31
Since it is a topic in quite a few threads, I thought it deserved it's own. I really loved the custom music feature in the last-gen games. I'm aware that in the beginning of the PS4 (not sure about the Xbox one) era it wasn't possible to play your own music on the new systems. But now you're able to listen to your songs from a flash drive, and to import them into games as well. MLB The Show has a custom music feature that works great IMO:



There's lots of people complaining about the the soundtracks of the current-gen games. The return of custom music would solve their problems. And I know I'm not the only one that would love to put in own tracks and playlists for goal songs/horns, breaks, powerplays, PKs, intermissions, wins, menu music etc. The return of custom music would please a lot of people that like authenticity.

I bought every game of the series since NHL 97, but I've always been a strictly offline guy (I'm probably too old for all these online shenanigans). Since the switch to the new consoles, Franchise and other offline modes seem to get much less love. Being at least close to the real show is quite important to me (and others), thus the more customization options we can have, the better.

So, dear devs, are there any plans to bring back custom music?
Post edited by MaxPac67 on

Replies

  • Dude that problem !!?? Download on your console Spotify , turn off music in game menu and turn on Spotify and listen favorite music duting the match ! ))
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • Dude that problem !!?? Download on your console Spotify , turn off music in game menu and turn on Spotify and listen favorite music duting the match ! ))

    That is not even close to custom music.

    I do not want to necessarily listen to music every single minute I am playing hockey. But, for the times there is music, I want it to be my music. I want my own goal horns, etc.

    Spotify does nothing for this except play music over the game sounds.
  • This was in NFL 2k5 on an XBOX..Absolutely no excuse for every sports game to feature this in 2019. But, it's EA. Bare minimum and corner-cutting. They don't even fix or address glaring lies like offline Legends.
  • I am still incredibly confused why they chose this painful and cringe worthy soundtrack over the authentic goal songs. Like why would you choose a soundtrack that most people turned off on day 1 because it's so bad over the authentic goal songs which actually add authenticity to the game while you are PLAYING the game.
  • So, are devs only answering gameplay related questions?
  • LeFury_27 wrote: »
    I am still incredibly confused why they chose this painful and cringe worthy soundtrack over the authentic goal songs. Like why would you choose a soundtrack that most people turned off on day 1 because it's so bad over the authentic goal songs which actually add authenticity to the game while you are PLAYING the game.

    I agree 100%!. Get rid of soundtracks and bring back licensed goal songs. Just give us generic background music because honestly most of us turn it off after a few times playing anyways. Chelsea dagger and crowd chant, all 31 teams should have their goal songs instead. Spend the money on licensing those instead! Thank you.
  • usmckillem wrote: »
    LeFury_27 wrote: »
    I am still incredibly confused why they chose this painful and cringe worthy soundtrack over the authentic goal songs. Like why would you choose a soundtrack that most people turned off on day 1 because it's so bad over the authentic goal songs which actually add authenticity to the game while you are PLAYING the game.

    I agree 100%!. Get rid of soundtracks and bring back licensed goal songs. Just give us generic background music because honestly most of us turn it off after a few times playing anyways. Chelsea dagger and crowd chant, all 31 teams should have their goal songs instead. Spend the money on licensing those instead! Thank you.

    They don't even have to, just bring back custom music, EA could save some money, and we can put in whatever music we like. It seems so simple.
  • Custom Music would breathe so much life in to this game.
  • Custom Music would breathe so much life in to this game.

    Yea no kidding. I can assure you, my favorite color is not blue lol.
  • Custom Music would breathe so much life in to this game.

    Yea no kidding. I can assure you, my favorite color is not blue lol.

    LMAO very true.

    I do enjoy the option to have the generic music in the background versus the soundtrack so that I don't have to be reminded about a singer's favorite color.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Custom Music would breathe so much life in to this game.

    Yea no kidding. I can assure you, my favorite color is not blue lol.

    LMAO very true.

    I do enjoy the option to have the generic music in the background versus the soundtrack so that I don't have to be reminded about a singer's favorite color.[/quote]



    :D:D:D:D:D

    Yea I switch it up too every now and then. If at least we could block the songs we dislike the most, would at least be a start.
  • And is now available in WWE 2K20 so come on EA set this in your game too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-w8acIqaQ
  • Could this thread be moved to the NHL 20 forum?
  • Just thought I give this thread a bump...
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited January 31
    My TV is on silent mode. Don’t like to hear Chybulskis screaming voice. Missing Doc and Eddie. Also the music and crowd is always the same noise. There is no crowd meter which making more or lesser noise as good as the Team plays. No attractive music too which belongs to Hockey. What I remember in past games they had that. Another reason why this series going step by step down. ( gameplay best ever - other things more or lesser the same or worser than past years ) This Team need fresh blood. Some new experienced developer which have good knowledge about hockey, are willing to work for Customers wishes and not to ignore them.
  • EA_Aljo
    1208 posts EA Community Manager
    Froommey wrote: »
    My TV is on silent mode. Don’t like to hear Chybulskis screaming voice. Missing Doc and Eddie. Also the music and crowd is always the same noise. There is no crowd meter which making more or lesser noise as good as the Team plays. No attractive music too which belongs to Hockey. What I remember in past games they had that. Another reason why this series going step by step down. ( gameplay best ever - other things more or lesser the same or worser than past years ) This Team need fresh blood. Some new experienced developer which have good knowledge about hockey, are willing to work for Customers wishes and not to ignore them.

    Nobody is being ignored. I definitely get how you can make that assumption, but that's not the case. If there was an infinite amount of time, we could get everything in the game that everyone wants. The focus has largely been on gameplay, but there were a lot of presentation changes made with 20. Hopefully, we'll see custom music added in the future. I miss it too. Every year I looked forward to building a few playlists I could swap out. It's unfortunate this feature still doesn't exist, but it's not because anyone is being ignored. Other areas of the game have had higher priority. As they get handled, it opens up opportunities to add and improve other features.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    My TV is on silent mode. Don’t like to hear Chybulskis screaming voice. Missing Doc and Eddie. Also the music and crowd is always the same noise. There is no crowd meter which making more or lesser noise as good as the Team plays. No attractive music too which belongs to Hockey. What I remember in past games they had that. Another reason why this series going step by step down. ( gameplay best ever - other things more or lesser the same or worser than past years ) This Team need fresh blood. Some new experienced developer which have good knowledge about hockey, are willing to work for Customers wishes and not to ignore them.

    Nobody is being ignored. I definitely get how you can make that assumption, but that's not the case. If there was an infinite amount of time, we could get everything in the game that everyone wants. The focus has largely been on gameplay, but there were a lot of presentation changes made with 20. Hopefully, we'll see custom music added in the future. I miss it too. Every year I looked forward to building a few playlists I could swap out. It's unfortunate this feature still doesn't exist, but it's not because anyone is being ignored. Other areas of the game have had higher priority. As they get handled, it opens up opportunities to add and improve other features.

    Do you see a chance for 21?
  • EA_Aljo
    1208 posts EA Community Manager
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    My TV is on silent mode. Don’t like to hear Chybulskis screaming voice. Missing Doc and Eddie. Also the music and crowd is always the same noise. There is no crowd meter which making more or lesser noise as good as the Team plays. No attractive music too which belongs to Hockey. What I remember in past games they had that. Another reason why this series going step by step down. ( gameplay best ever - other things more or lesser the same or worser than past years ) This Team need fresh blood. Some new experienced developer which have good knowledge about hockey, are willing to work for Customers wishes and not to ignore them.

    Nobody is being ignored. I definitely get how you can make that assumption, but that's not the case. If there was an infinite amount of time, we could get everything in the game that everyone wants. The focus has largely been on gameplay, but there were a lot of presentation changes made with 20. Hopefully, we'll see custom music added in the future. I miss it too. Every year I looked forward to building a few playlists I could swap out. It's unfortunate this feature still doesn't exist, but it's not because anyone is being ignored. Other areas of the game have had higher priority. As they get handled, it opens up opportunities to add and improve other features.

    Do you see a chance for 21?

    There's always a chance, but we don't have any news on future games. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Since it is a topic in quite a few threads, I thought it deserved it's own. I really loved the custom music feature in the last-gen games. I'm aware that in the beginning of the PS4 (not sure about the Xbox one) era it wasn't possible to play your own music on the new systems. But now you're able to listen to your songs from a flash drive, and to import them into games as well. MLB The Show has a custom music feature that works great IMO:



    There's lots of people complaining about the the soundtracks of the current-gen games. The return of custom music would solve their problems. And I know I'm not the only one that would love to put in own tracks and playlists for goal songs/horns, breaks, powerplays, PKs, intermissions, wins, menu music etc. The return of custom music would please a lot of people that like authenticity.

    I bought every game of the series since NHL 97, but I've always been a strictly offline guy (I'm probably too old for all these online shenanigans). Since the switch to the new consoles, Franchise and other offline modes seem to get much less love. Being at least close to the real show is quite important to me (and others), thus the more customization options we can have, the better.

    So, dear devs, are there any plans to bring back custom music?

    Don't count your chickens. I'll be surprised if '21 is released for new consoles taking that they are due out holiday season and '21 drops in September. We will get the same 'ol "No time and resources".
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited January 31
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    My TV is on silent mode. Don’t like to hear Chybulskis screaming voice. Missing Doc and Eddie. Also the music and crowd is always the same noise. There is no crowd meter which making more or lesser noise as good as the Team plays. No attractive music too which belongs to Hockey. What I remember in past games they had that. Another reason why this series going step by step down. ( gameplay best ever - other things more or lesser the same or worser than past years ) This Team need fresh blood. Some new experienced developer which have good knowledge about hockey, are willing to work for Customers wishes and not to ignore them.

    Nobody is being ignored. I definitely get how you can make that assumption, but that's not the case. If there was an infinite amount of time, we could get everything in the game that everyone wants. The focus has largely been on gameplay, but there were a lot of presentation changes made with 20. Hopefully, we'll see custom music added in the future. I miss it too. Every year I looked forward to building a few playlists I could swap out. It's unfortunate this feature still doesn't exist, but it's not because anyone is being ignored. Other areas of the game have had higher priority. As they get handled, it opens up opportunities to add and improve other features.

    This is since years your argument that the main work is based on the gameplay ! But is it really so much better than 5 years ago ? It’s good in offline, but in online I think no. You have more possibilities to score, better shooting technic yes .... but online it looks like figure dancing and more Arcade like due this dangles and moves which are very rarely in reality and also about the hectic movements of the Players . Every Grinder can dangle in your game but happens seldom in reality and should be limited only on some Elite, Franchise Player. Good enough for Pond hockey, but not for NHL style. In offline mode you can reduce the gamespeed and some other sliders and after it looks more than a Hockey game cause this hectic movements looking more fluidly. At your plays of the month and from other online clips in the net this game looks funny and far from a real Hockey game. The only good looking playable mode is offline with adjusted sliders. That’s it, now back to topic of the custom music.
    https://www.facebook.com/333387460995/posts/10157848485990996/
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!