EA Forums - Banner

HL 19 Patch 1.6 Notes - Available Mar. 20th @ 5 AM ET

225t

Check out the details on the latest patch here

Lagg, pretty much unplayable?

Prev1
So I just played some games with the new dedicated servers, im not impressed. I live in Sweden and have a very good fiber connection and my ms says 20~~ ingame. Did a test in ps4 and connection is 370mbs down and 200 up atm,using cable direct into ps4. Still the game is lagging alot. What is making all moves ,passes,turnarounds so slow? You even miss onetimers because the game is lagging and the player dont react to shooting the puck. Feels pointless to play if this is how its going to be for us living in Sweden.

Replies

• For me to have a good 30ms all the time but feels like 70+... 2sec delay all the time.. nothing is working if it gonna be this way ...
  • Game is now unplayable don’t know what exactly they did but excellent connection and delay is unreal. Skate up ice and press sideways player continues to skate forward for 2-3 sec lol
  • Wonder if all the hack/glitch fools are raging or if this is a technical/load problem.

Side note: isn’t it Microsoft’s servers? Don’t game people lease space from them or am I remembering something wrong?
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • I have good internet (Wifi 4G 50mb up/down) and haven't had any problems so far. Finland.

I connect to same servers as other Nordic folks so if you have problems it is most likely your connection OR you are playing in rush hours. I am sure the game can be pain to play when lots of people are online...
  • Having the same issue in Czech Republic, not going to buy any new NHL if they wont fix it up :(
  • I live in the middle of Germany and can´t complain. P2P Connection has been laggy very often, with switching to DS the game is much better to Play (for me)
  • I have same problem it seems that not all have the problem them who hade problems with p2p earlier seems to feel it better and them with no problem at all with p2p have problems now with dedicted servers i think.....
  • Horrible delay and that started yesterday. I have an optical fibre 100/100 and always seen 30ms smooth ping. When you have delay lose all games and opponent had it you won all games. I live in Finland, is it all delay there and Russia?
  • Horrible delay and that started yesterday. I have an optical fibre 100/100 and always seen 30ms smooth ping. When you have delay lose all games and opponent had it you won all games. I live in Finland, is it all delay there and Russia?
    Just out of curiosity, how was it for you before HUT moved to dedicated servers? Did you have fatman lag/delayed inputs?
  • jimmo52
    73 posts Member
    edited January 11
    I'm in Eastern Canada. Very fast for me. I have 50 mbps. Most of my losses were losing with delay. Now it is much better with dedicated server. I can finally play as if I was playing offline.

Did you guys open ports for your console?
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Horrible delay and that started yesterday. I have an optical fibre 100/100 and always seen 30ms smooth ping. When you have delay lose all games and opponent had it you won all games. I live in Finland, is it all delay there and Russia?
    Just out of curiosity, how was it for you before HUT moved to dedicated servers? Did you have fatman lag/delayed inputs?

No. First day of dedicated servers was super, but yesterday this delay started. I had fatman lag in NHL 16.
  • I'm in Ontario Canada, find that my players are much faster, however, shooting delay is present. Overall much better for me.
  • dustmann
    92 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Halirotciv wrote: »
    So I just played some games with the new dedicated servers, im not impressed. I live in Sweden and have a very good fiber connection and my ms says 20~~ ingame. Did a test in ps4 and connection is 370mbs down and 200 up atm,using cable direct into ps4. Still the game is lagging alot. What is making all moves ,passes,turnarounds so slow? You even miss onetimers because the game is lagging and the player dont react to shooting the puck. Feels pointless to play if this is how its going to be for us living in Sweden.

I have about 170Bit / s download and 5 bit / s upload.
    I have the same problems, but since the change, I think the game is a bit more fluid
    Only sometimes, one may wonder about his teammates (CPU steered), which way of thinking they have in the game
  • Guys with cable should try wifi connection. Not talking about McDonalds' or your phone's wifi but wifi from your router. If you don't have 4G, then that's first thing to upgrade.
  • mhart123 wrote: »
    Guys with cable should try wifi connection. Not talking about McDonalds' or your phone's wifi but wifi from your router. If you don't have 4G, then that's first thing to upgrade.

is lan cable better, how wlan?
  • monz
    670 posts Member
    Direct connect all the way!
  • i played everyday since launch and now i cant!!
  • I have had input delay ever since they started this and I live in Florida. Maybe the people who live in Canada where I'm guessing they are a lot closer to to the servers get a better connection. All I know is I never had input delay before and rarely lagged let alone have it happen over multiple games.
  • dustmann wrote: »
    mhart123 wrote: »
    Guys with cable should try wifi connection. Not talking about McDonalds' or your phone's wifi but wifi from your router. If you don't have 4G, then that's first thing to upgrade.

is lan cable better, how wlan?

From my experience, if your connection actually is good, then wifi gives better gaming results. Cable connection gave lower ping and worse up/down speeds when I tested them with couple laptops and FIFA works better with wifi than with cable for me.

If your don't get good results with wifi connection then maybe cable is the way to go.

Funny thing btw, I see lots of people moaning how they get bad gameplay against Finns, but the thing is we probably are ways ahead of things considering internet connection when comparing to other countries. 4G works almost everywhere unless you live in the middle of nowhere...
  • know, I've always said that. And in Germany, I used kabel internet, depends either way with the quality of the line behind. I have a 200 Mbit download and 12 Mbit upload.
    But I reach just 60% of the line