EA Forums - Banner

So we are back here

92 overall team 0-4 all against teams with 1 90 all others bronze base golds and silvers. I switch to my gold and silver team 4-0 all games were against teams with multiple 90’s. So punish or restrict high treams reward the base teams. My 92 overall team has 6 synergies including bu and s. My base has 1 cs.

Replies

• I'm in a the same boat - my 86 overall team (mostly 90+ but i have an 52 backup goaltender + 5 synergies)
    pulls off a win every 2nd or 3rd game. While my 82 overall team, mostly gold rares has been on fire for the past 2 weeks ever since I got the 83 Hextall - i think im 12-1-2 with him .950 @ 1.00GAA.

I play the same way on both accounts, but for whatever reason i just pull wins out of my **** with my lesser team.
  • That’s called momentum by EA.
    That’s why I stop spending money 2 years ago.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That's why I stopped spending money as of NHL 12. There was a drastic change with that release. No momentum effects prior to that. Online play sucks as a result.
  • Agreed with above. I've been playing this game since the Genesis. I would have sold this game already if I didn't get the digital version for the rewards.

I made the best of it, earned some good players, but I'm dumbfounded as to how base card teams are outskating me.

I've heard all of the patented excuses and alibis from the the game devs and the user base. There is a form of momentum / skill handicapping in the game.

This will be the last time I buy the game for a while.
  • This year more than ever it's more noticable that a base Chara can catch up to a Joe Sackic that's on a break away and the reason I stopped playing hut and play vs instead it's a little slow but in my opinion it's more fun than hut
  • Goalies are broken as well
  • Goalies are broken as well
    Goalies are broken as well

If your referring to goalies being susceptible to the short side cheese they were purposely dumb down because the elite stream chel Bruhs complained that the goalie's were to good and they couldn't score , hence tuner 1.03
  • NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Agreed with above. I've been playing this game since the Genesis. I would have sold this game already if I didn't get the digital version for the rewards.

I made the best of it, earned some good players, but I'm dumbfounded as to how base card teams are outskating me.

I've heard all of the patented excuses and alibis from the the game devs and the user base. There is a form of momentum / skill handicapping in the game.

Example from last night: I am up 5-1 3rd period against an inferior team loaded with 79’s and low 80’s, while I’m averaging 94.
    10 minutes left and all of a sudden my players are stuck in the mud and whatever he throws on net goes in. My goalie was superb for 50 minutes of the game and in last 10 lets in 6 goals. 7-5 he or she wins.
    I played D through out the whole game same to the end, so explain this MOMENTUM trash.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's been typed many times before the explanations for this (minus the obvious one) but perhaps the most relevant two are:
    1. Connection may have deteriorated and that's why you were stuck in the mud
    2. Your opponent learned your strategies and adopted his own to counter and found success in the 3rd period.

Two great examples of this can be found in the two finals (winners and losers brackets) of the Washington Capitals Esports Faceoff games yesterday. Check out my post in the Leagues and Tournaments section of this forum for more info.
  • just need to bring yourself to play cheap like everyone else. I lose the occasional game versus opponents with low gold rares, maybe the occasional 90. all they do is shield the puck so you cant hit them with the average player so they just roll off of you. most of them are players just trying to prove that you dont need legends to win and being dbags about it. now the guys with full legend squads that play cheap... ill leave that up to your imagination. players who grew up playing this game play it for fun and enjoy the game, not to sit there and manipulate every aspect of the game and agitate their opponent.
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    NYR_Nick wrote: »
    Agreed with above. I've been playing this game since the Genesis. I would have sold this game already if I didn't get the digital version for the rewards.

Example from last night: I am up 5-1 3rd period against an inferior team loaded with 79’s and low 80’s, while I’m averaging 94.
    10 minutes left and all of a sudden my players are stuck in the mud and whatever he throws on net goes in. My goalie was superb for 50 minutes of the game and in last 10 lets in 6 goals. 7-5 he or she wins.
    I played D through out the whole game same to the end, so explain this MOMENTUM trash.

Couldn't agree more hut makes no sense to me and having higher end cards makes no difference , like I said try playing VS it's a little slow but in my opinion it's more fun ,hut is complete garbage
  • if i have time ill post a game vid. I played a guy the other day, scored his first 4 shots on net, couple saves from the blueline... he was up 6-1 after 1 on 11 shots to my 10 i think. floating wristers from top of the circles were going in with no screens, just ugly. 2nd came, i scored one first 2 min, he comes back with one timer from top of the cirlces... he has much slower players but im having a hard time keeping up and grinding every possession. halfway thru 2nd, say screw it and call a timeout. I fought everything not to quit this game. I then go on to score 6 goals on 9 shots before we even hit midway in the third and hold off to win 8-7. telling me something is not screwy there?
  • I dont know... so far, in my games, my 85 overall team is losing puck battles to 90+ overall team because their players have better puck control than mine. I win against these people because of my gameplay, not because of their superior speed or superior puck control or superior slap shot that goes in easily against my goalie.
  • i'm a below average player and used to think there was something to lower ranked teams playing better but then i realized it was just me not being that good.

since Xmas i've been winning a lot more games with my lineup of Legends when matched up with silver and bronze lineups. i can tell they are the better player since they can do dekes, backhand glides and protect the puck alot better than i can but my guys are faster and stronger and it shows. i play TB, PP, CS, NP, HT and BE all on with an open FWD and D spot to mix it up a bit.

i'm doing a better job of playing to my synergies and strategies and really trying to stay in a good defensive position and work to not chase around my D zone. plus i have a new controller and only playing online with it plugged in and not on bluetooth and getting better response time and not double hitting the buttons all the time.

i even held my own when my D8 team was matched up with a D3 team with many of the same players i play with, only losing 8-3 and was within 2 goals until the final minute. they were an awsome player and i used to lose that game 15-0 if not worse.

since my team is built for hitting and D and since Clarke was added i'm blowing up guys all over the ice. i can only imagine how better November and December would have gone if i could have landed Roenick and Nieuwendyk because i think i lost ground online and in the CPU challenges missing 2 Legends in my lineup, if HUTDB is correct I'd have all 3 Roenick Synergies turned on (TB, BE, HT) and could free up 1 or 2 other positions.

better players are better and with synergies on are even better yet. i also think getting new players in your lineup helps. when i get a new player from Sets (Ristolainen the last one i earned) i play them and redo my lines from time to time. i do the same with any Alumni i'm grinding to Legend, once i upgrade them i put them in my lineup. in total i have about 30 players that i move in and out on a regular basis, everything else becomes 1/5th a Gold Collectable.

i've never had a Master Set player outside of the loaners but those have also been a huge for me when i've had access to them.
  • If you don’t want to say it exists I played the same player back to back games in the qualifier. Game 1 I played his team which all players were lower than mine his goalie was 74 overall, I beat him 2-0 couldn’t keep puck on my stick missed several easy nets and hit several posts. Second game I played he had his higher rated team. My d was more aggressive he couldn’t keep the puck and I beat hextal 3-0. I should have won the first by more but I should have lost the second. I was just glad he couldn’t hit the net or keep the puck. First game he lifted and poked me to death second game he had 8 penalties with the same lifts and pokes.
  • Well I played against 3 opponents that I should have won but lost due to my 85 overall team against a stacked team with 95 overall team. Whether I poke or lift or have a body at the right position, I could not get the puck, unless he is not there... His goals go in easily but mine needs to be perfect. Lost by a margin of 1 goal but I would have won if I had the same team. All the team that had the same overall as mine, I easily beat them.
  • I think if the gap is 5-10 there is a boost for the lower team. Less or more there isn’t a boost if that makes sense. I keep saying it’s like the different difficulty settings for challenges. If you play offline in season mode it tells you that a setting is default online but I honestly believe it’s adjusted. You can’t tell me a defender bent over stick on ice can make up the gap blue to red and be in front of a player on a breakaway.
  • jjb
    48 posts Member
    At this point man, it's far more annoying to be beat by someone with all 93+s and them only having less than 5 shots in a game and scoring most because of 95 shooting accuracies. I get what youre saying but I coasted up to div 2 with hardly any problems with "momentum" and the only time it was was when it was getting laggy as hell. In regards to it being an excuse we will have to see when dedicated servers are up and running mint. I have 150 upload there is no reason I should ever be lagging let alone getting momentum put against me for it happening however again I feel like it was more the lag which will be fixed. They need to fix these chumps that get smacked all day, make one garbage weaving play out of their end and scoring with a weak writer from the top of the circle with no traffic.