EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

User Ranking System

I think EA should implement a User Ranking System.

We've all played games online where our opponents rag the puck or EASHL when one person wants to go offside or shoot on their own net. I think EA should do something about these types of players and segregate them from the people that want to play properly.

Have a system in place which allows you to easily rate your teammates and opponents if desired. Get rid of prestige and credits which are currently pointless and replace it with a community score. Use that information for tiered matchmaking.

Keeping the game fun can be as simple as resolving the matchmaking.

Anyway...that's my thought.

Replies

• Z0mbieBabyJesus
    469 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I think EA should implement a User Ranking System.

We've all played games online where our opponents rag the puck or EASHL when one person wants to go offside or shoot on their own net. I think EA should do something about these types of players and segregate them from the people that want to play properly.

Have a system in place which allows you to easily rate your teammates and opponents if desired. Get rid of prestige and credits which are currently pointless and replace it with a community score. Use that information for tiered matchmaking.

Keeping the game fun can be as simple as resolving the matchmaking.

Anyway...that's my thought.

Would just be exploited by the salty scrubs who can't handle losing. Anyone beats them, they'd automatically flag their opponent as a cheater.

Personally, I'd prefer a filter to remove anyone using WiFi, and a region lock or selector. Those 2 items are literally what makes playing online in any game an awful experience.
  • Possibly, but you can make a system that works around that, like giving people with high ratings weight then those bottom feeders.

EA will never create a filter based off personal ISP. That would discriminate and breach a wide range of legal obligations.
  • If everyone that played this had class and was honest, it might work. With this community, not a chance.