EA Forums - Banner

I hope you’re having fun!!

Prev13456
It’s been a real treat playing this game since the rollback.
Loving it.
Keep this ship sailing!!!!

Replies

• Good to see you're enjoying this tuner so much, maybe EA will keep it until they can come up with the tuner based off of feedback.
  • Why doesn’t ea set up some one answer questions period? Like once a week a set time and they will answer any and all questions
  • Socair
    2639 posts Game Changer
    Just cleaned this up. Please don’t shoot down peoples opinions and keep threads on topic.
  • monz
    905 posts Member
    Loving it.

Im glad your enjoying it, i feel such minimal difference, just like ever other tuner. I dont know why people get so up in arms about these.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    monz wrote: »
    Loving it.

Im glad your enjoying it, i feel such minimal difference, just like ever other tuner. I dont know why people get so up in arms about these.

Yeah it’s not a huge difference ...but game feels tighter and more crisp.
    And the puck is a lot looser.
    You have to have a team play mentality now… And that’s always a good thing....
  • It’s been a real treat playing this game since the rollback.
    Loving it.

It’s been awesome fun, I had to get away from ps4 cause I was playing too much. Lol, I hope they release 1.05 shortly after this rollback and it is similar to 1.0.

• I honestly would love it...if they just leave it right where it’s at. It so balanced now...6v6 is now more of a team strategy than ever before.
    I’m seeing so many more hockey plays now.
    One man shows are being snuffed out.
  • I honestly would love it...if they just leave it right where it’s at. It so balanced now...6v6 is now more of a team strategy than ever before.

ALLRIGHT CAT YOU ARE RIGHT. Finally played 6 games tonight (EASHL CLUB) and it's ON. 🎉🍻
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    I honestly would love it...if they just leave it right where it’s at. It so balanced now...6v6 is now more of a team strategy than ever before.

ALLRIGHT CAT YOU ARE RIGHT. Finally played 6 games tonight (EASHL CLUB) and it's ON. 🎉🍻

So much better right?!!!
  • Getting 6s on for us is such a rarity, I don't have much to compare to it to this year, but we all had a great time on it this weekend. 6 on 6 the game played so well, never felt "EA'd". Goalies struggled in close to the net, we had to adjust and start shooting low after only shooting short-side corner for the past few months.
    Getting pucks deep was key to any team's success.

Used a 6'7" Power Forward on wing, and was able to play my role successfully.
    Used a 6'2" (i think?) DD on D, and felt in control most of the time until we came up VS a tiny team. Sniper/Dangler/OD. DD was useless in that game. Thats not a complaint, short TWF was the class I should've used on D that game, but I wanted to see the tuner in that situation.

Majority of the goals were caused by defensive mistakes or strong forechecks. Saw more deflections this tuner rollback than all of my games prior, including the prettiest deflection goal I've experienced yet. Zone time was generated by puck movement, not by holding it in the corner. I haven't much 6s time prior to the rollback, so Im not sure how much of this is because of the tuner and how much is the removal of the AIs, but everyone had fun, even in our blowout loss.

EASHL player

Agreed for the most part, but there were some significant changes to DSS and A.I. that should be re-introduced one at a time. There's also some issues with DSS & vision control and then blending - sometimes you spin around, sometimes you go the right way.

I believe the blend changes introduced in subsequent tuners addresses these and like I said, reintroducing them back a week at a time might give the player base a better appreciation for what these changes did/do.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    I honestly would love it...if they just leave it right where it’s at. It so balanced now...6v6 is now more of a team strategy than ever before.

So much better right?!!!

Yes sir.
  • Random aside: the increase in bumps has led to some hilariously devastating hits. They’re bigly awesome!
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • It’s been a real treat playing this game since the rollback.
    Loving it.

Not as fun as the first beta was back then, but an absolute improvement over 1.03.

Players are moving the puck around which is the main change I wanted to see in this franchise. Having more fun than I did last week and feel alot less of a pylon on D.
  • I played it tonight and it’s awesome imo, I love it
  • Last night I had a much better experience on D. Those who wanted to bully passed me ended up staring at the lights on the ceiling. After his 4th attempt he passed the puck when near me as he understood he wasn't going to get through.

When you play a bigger class, you can use it's bigger mass and strength like you should. Playing smart D and stepping up on someone when the play calls for it yields desired results.

The game has become a blast to play for the second time around :)
  • Last night I had a much better experience on D. Those who wanted to bully passed me ended up staring at the lights on the ceiling. After his 4th attempt he passed the puck when near me as he understood he wasn't going to get through.

When you play a bigger class, you can use it's bigger mass and strength like you should. Playing smart D and stepping up on someone when the play calls for it yields desired results.

Ya buddy....anyone that’s honest will realize and admit this...the only ones that want the old tuner back are the selfish puck hogs.

Ya buddy....anyone that’s honest will realize and admit this...the only ones that want the old tuner back are the selfish puck hogs.

Well to be fair, I can understand as a forward the game can be more fun when you can bully your way around with the puck. When it comes to EASHL, this type of play should not be the main way to generate offense. In fact, it shouldn't really be an option when facing half decent defense. This is a team game and should be played in a team manner.

There are other modes for selfish puck hogging where it makes more sense to try and play that way. You are only hurting yourself when it doesn't work out instead of potentially hurting your 5 teammates in EASHL.
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    788 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    i've been skeptical of there being much difference between these updates since i was never experiencing these issues. the poke check tripping calls took some time to get used to but that was my only problem. it played this weekend for me like it has since September.

my lineup is TB, BE, HT, NP, CS, PP with strategies for a defensive game and i do lots of hitting and never had trouble with it.

what am i supposed to be looking for?

i scored the same way that i always have. dump and chase, force a turnover and get it on net and scramble. body movement instead of dekes on the break or when in space. cycle for a slappy from the point.

would these updates stand out more if i floated more?

edit to add; i mostly play HUT on Xbox.
    Post edited by Jeff_frm_Edmonds on

Well to be fair, I can understand as a forward the game can be more fun when you can bully your way around with the puck. When it comes to EASHL, this type of play should not be the main way to generate offense. In fact, it shouldn't really be an option when facing half decent defense. This is a team game and should be played in a team manner.

There are other modes for selfish puck hogging where it makes more sense to try and play that way. You are only hurting yourself when it doesn't work out instead of potentially hurting your 5 teammates in EASHL.

I’m actually having a lot more fun as a forward. Breaking into the offensive zone isn’t so painfully one dimensional. You can use different forechecks, fluster people holding onto the puck better. It’s added so much more depth to the offensive game and even requires a bit more skill when your choosing how to defend the puck. I really don’t understand how yo-yoing the puck around with what almost equated to no check shinny is more fun.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..