EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Bring back 1.03 turner for human goalies

Feels like I'm playing NHL 16/17 all over again with this tuner. The invisible barrier near the goal posts are back for human goalies. Why make all those positive changes for human goalies, just to revert back? If you guys are keeping the beta tuner, at least implement back all the changes made for goalies up to 1.03

Goalie lives matter.

Replies

• NHLDev
    1668 posts EA NHL Developer
    barrett098 wrote: »
    Feels like I'm playing NHL 16/17 all over again with this tuner. The invisible barrier near the goal posts are back for human goalies. Why make all those positive changes for human goalies, just to revert back? If you guys are keeping the beta tuner, at least implement back all the changes made for goalies up to 1.03

Goalie lives matter.
    This excercise was just a revert of all the tuning. It wasn’t done selectively. There are a few no brainer changes in there that will be in the next tuner regardless of the other subjective changes. The user goalie pieces are some examples of those.

That is why we let the community know that with the rollback there would be some obvious issues that come back as well.

• It’s funny. During 1.03, in 6v6 500cr ballpark, it was impossible to get a goalie to last longer than the first 5min of a game. Like 1 out of 20 games they would make it past the first period, 30 games 2nd, and like 1 in 60 for the full game. Now they are lasting.

Odd
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    barrett098 wrote: »

Goalie lives matter.
    This excercise was just a revert of all the tuning. It wasn’t done selectively. There are a few no brainer changes in there that will be in the next tuner regardless of the other subjective changes. The user goalie pieces are some examples of those.

That is why we let the community know that with the rollback there would be some obvious issues that come back as well.

Ok thanks. Please don't extend this tuner past Friday, there should be already enough feedback/data. Just bring back the 1.03 tuner if you guys are working on a new one. I cant stand playing goalie mode with this beta tuner.
  • It’s funny. During 1.03, in 6v6 500cr ballpark, it was impossible to get a goalie to last longer than the first 5min of a game. Like 1 out of 20 games they would make it past the first period, 30 games 2nd, and like 1 in 60 for the full game. Now they are lasting.

Odd

Stick to Club instead of Drop ins Goalies rarely leave in Club compared to Dropins

Odd

When the game overall is more fun it makes people stick around longer during the game. Last night we started a 6v6 dropin and obliterated our opponent 7-1. Shots were like 25-5 and we finished the game 6v6. I was stunned and impressed.
  • idk why people judging stuff based on dropin gameplay.
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    idk why people judging stuff based on dropin gameplay.

If a player only plays dropin, what other way would you like him to judge stuff?

Odd

Stick to Club instead of Drop ins Goalies rarely leave in Club compared to Dropins

Ahh. Ok. I haven’t looked at clubs yet. Mostly because I’m afraid of commitment lol..that said if this tuner was to be permanent I’d likely want to get a bit more competitive with the game. Actually kinda regretted not having a good crew to play with this week. That said. I’ve completed like 220 6v6’s maybe 500 total with a dnf % in the single digits. So my sample size is decent for feedback I think.

For what it’s worth. The goalies I’ve encountered and saves seen the past few days have blown my experience from the first week of September to date. Caveat: in discounting a few trash goals from things mentioned here..it’s more of an overall opinion.
  • barrett098
    416 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It’s funny. During 1.03, in 6v6 500cr ballpark, it was impossible to get a goalie to last longer than the first 5min of a game. Like 1 out of 20 games they would make it past the first period, 30 games 2nd, and like 1 in 60 for the full game. Now they are lasting.

Odd

Ahh. Ok. I haven’t looked at clubs yet. Mostly because I’m afraid of commitment lol..that said if this tuner was to be permanent I’d likely want to get a bit more competitive with the game. Actually kinda regretted not having a good crew to play with this week. That said. I’ve completed like 220 6v6’s maybe 500 total with a dnf % in the single digits. So my sample size is decent for feedback I think.

For what it’s worth. The goalies I’ve encountered and saves seen the past few days have blown my experience from the first week of September to date. Caveat: in discounting a few trash goals from things mentioned here..it’s more of an overall opinion.

you dont really need to commit to a club. just sign up for lg even if you not plan on playing lg seasons. you can still find clubs looking for players to play 6s for fun in the shoutbox.
  • Cool. Thanks.

Odd

There's also an app called Discord. Alot of players hook up that way, as well as looking for members for their clubs. Some clubs will fill empty positions with what they called "random" players. You can put yourself on a list as available to bail out teams or whatnot. Great way to build up acquaintances and make connections.
  • Nice. Yea being a random player sounds about my speed right now. Thanks for the heads up.