EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - Deep dive

Follow Gurn Sumal, game modes producer for NHL 20 on his deep dive, check it out & discuss it here.

EA Coins (After unlocking everything, reaching max prestige)

What's the point of them? Are they going to release new content so I can open the 10 bags I have currently sitting in my rewards? Can we cash in these coins if/when they do unlock stuff?

If you wanted to implement this kind of system, you need to keep up on it with new gear and such. Also, they give free HUT packs in these bags. Why can't they give stuff for EASHL club, if you're on one or something? I just don't get it.

Replies

• I wished they would ditch the hockey bags and introduce an EASHL only currency that is rewarded for wins, club promotions, playoff wins etc that is cosmetic only ( since hockey bags are already cosmetic)

You use this currency to buy arena upgrades, uniform styles, and other things for your club.

Probably could even do this for player items too. Instead of opening hockey bags and not getting what you want, you can buy it with EASHL player coins (again, cosmetic only like bags).
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    I wished they would ditch the hockey bags and introduce an EASHL only currency that is rewarded for wins, club promotions, playoff wins etc that is cosmetic only ( since hockey bags are already cosmetic)

You use this currency to buy arena upgrades, uniform styles, and other things for your club.

Probably could even do this for player items too. Instead of opening hockey bags and not getting what you want, you can buy it with EASHL player coins (again, cosmetic only like bags).

This is an amazing idea, so that means that EA will not do it.
    I wished they would ditch the hockey bags and introduce an EASHL only currency that is rewarded for wins, club promotions, playoff wins etc that is cosmetic only ( since hockey bags are already cosmetic)

This is an amazing idea, so that means that EA will not do it.

I’m max level and can’t get anymore bags unless I play Ones which I don’t like. There’s so many more things like celebrations I can’t get. Going for my club, when I open hockey bags and get European teams uniforms when I still don’t have a lot custom alternate for club, it’s a little irritating.
    I’m max level and can’t get anymore bags unless I play Ones which I don’t like. There’s so many more things like celebrations I can’t get. Going for my club, when I open hockey bags and get European teams uniforms when I still don’t have a lot custom alternate for club, it’s a little irritating.

Backwards thinking on EA's part. Basically forcing you to play a game mode you don't want to play just so you can unlock more stuff. I had no idea that you had to play Ones to unlock everything. I figured it was a max prestige thing (reach that max level, everything would be unlocked).

Backwards thinking on EA's part. Basically forcing you to play a game mode you don't want to play just so you can unlock more stuff. I had no idea that you had to play Ones to unlock everything. I figured it was a max prestige thing (reach that max level, everything would be unlocked).

That was my guess too.

You also need to play Prom Am circuit to unlock everything. Ones and Pro Am otherwise you will not get every bag. Some bags, like Diamond, are unlocked if you win a Ones tourny.

As for the coins, if I am not mistaken, it is currency to buy HUT packs. If I remember, you can use real money to buy coins whereas in the past you would simply buy packs with real money.

You also need to play Prom Am circuit to unlock everything. Ones and Pro Am otherwise you will not get every bag. Some bags, like Diamond, are unlocked if you win a Ones tourny.

As for the coins, if I am not mistaken, it is currency to buy HUT packs. If I remember, you can use real money to buy coins whereas in the past you would simply buy packs with real money.

So basically EA is just trying to push HUT on everyone in every mode. Good stuff lol. The last thing I want to do is play HUT, and I think its gross how they include HUT packs in Chel bags.
  • Socair
    1611 posts Game Changer
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »

From my experience, there aren’t mode exclusive items in those bags. They just expand the method of getting items.

The tokens are just completion tokens and aren’t related to HUT. No idea what they are for though; there is a column on the leaderboards for them oddly enough. At least the club leaderboard anyway.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »

From my experience, there aren’t mode exclusive items in those bags. They just expand the method of getting items.

The tokens are just completion tokens and aren’t related to HUT. No idea what they are for though; there is a column on the leaderboards for them oddly enough. At least the club leaderboard anyway.

Is this really all the unlockable content we're getting? Not really understanding it. We're in January. A majority of the hard cores have everything unlocked and have had it unlocked since the first month.

This direction seems like a huge fail.
  • BlahQGhozT
    132 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Socair wrote: »

The column is there for individual skaters as well. Mine is 250 something I think. I hope we can unlock video of Rammer playing vs or something like that...you know... something useful for the giggles.
    Post edited by BlahQGhozT on
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD VI / D6 NatioN - Our EASHL games are available here on YouTube and Twitch!
  • Socair
    1611 posts Game Changer
    Yeah, I dunno, I thought we were gonna get more gear/content as the year went on as well. They added some Adidas clothing and that’s been all.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    Yeah, I dunno, I thought we were gonna get more gear/content as the year went on as well. They added some Adidas clothing and that’s been all.

I wish I could say I'm surprised with how it's unfolded, but I'm not. I mean.... The game has been so bad they had to revert back to a beta-like tuner.
  • Can’t EA just increase the level cap to 4th or 5th prestige?
    Can’t EA just increase the level cap to 4th or 5th prestige?

This is a good point.... Why does the game cap out at all for Prestige?