EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 WOC Progression Changes

We made some changes on WoC progression based on your feedback, check it out & discuss it here.

Ones Mode Garbage

1.) When you destroy a player, but he lays on the puck and your guy is unable to pick it up. The guy you just destroyed is able to pop back up, and get the puck back like nothing happened.

2.) These garbage slap shots from the back of the zone that shouldn't go in against a "top level" goalie but do consistently.

Lets fix this stuff, shall we? Because it shouldn't happen every single time.

Replies

• Socair
    1606 posts Game Changer
    I know the puck pick ups after a hit should work, but as for the easy goals, well the mode is on arcade tuning...don’t expect much from the goalies.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    I know the puck pick ups after a hit should work, but as for the easy goals, well the mode is on arcade tuning...don’t expect much from the goalies.

It's just inconsistent. You can dangle the hell out a goalie coming down on a breakaway, and he somehow robs you, but he can't stop a simple slap shot from outside of where the "circles" would be?

I haven't had any luck picking the puck up after I rock a guy. My player refuses to get it. He reaches and reaches but can't and then the other guy gets up and is able to get it back. I don't mind if this happens but it's seemingly every time.
  • As someone who wins 95%+ of their ONES matches I can confirm those long bomb boners are the deciding factor when everyone is itching for that sweaty title. I wouldn't take that mode too seriously though, after your first diamond win (thr one that nets you the trophy) you only need to reach tier 1 to get the max amount of daily bags. (The runner up bag is completely random so I wouldn't rely on it ever showing)
  • LOL! I've had so many Diamond Tier wins stolen from me when the game first came out because of random shots beating the goalie clean, while he would rob me again and again on some really fantabulous dekes.

Like Dipsy said, don't take ONES too seriously. I used to use them to practice my one on one skills and goalie dekeing practice. I'll usually stop when I reach the Diamond rink as you don't get any more "rewards" after that.

In fact, if you're having issues with breakaways or shootouts in HUT or 6s, go play some ONES and you'll quickly get a feel for how to beat the goalies one on one.