EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

PUCK RAGGERS!

13Next

Replies

• FILTHYsavageONE
    3 posts New member
    edited June 17
    > @vmx2014 said:
    > Honestly the fun with this game is gone. People are so desperate for wins that they get a lead and then sit behind their net and of course ea has taken all of our defensive tools away. We can’t poke them or stick lift without getting penalties and let’s just forget about hitting them, all they have to do is hold their stick out and you just bounce right off them. Something has to be done about this. I dunno what can be done but if you are one of these ppl that have no lives and are that desperate to win and cant just have a fair, fun game then you need to look in the mirror. after all it’s just a game but the frustration is real and just makes you never wanna play this game again. The game is already dying but this just kills it. Grow up. #PUNISH THE RAGGERS

It's funny that you criticize "puck raggers" when you're the main reason people rag the puck. I am a self proclaimed "puck ragger" and proud of it...I play online versus on xbox one and as soon as I get the puck, all of you do the same thing and press directional pad LEFT to have your defense turbo back to your net....all I do is wait to see how fast your guys get back and YUP i turn around and go back to my net and watch how your defense and my offense go in complete OPPOSITE direction....YOU'RE pathetic and puck raggers EXPLOIT your crap ways of playing...SO if you want to comment HATE look in the mirror...most importantly, LEARN TO PRESSURE THE PUCK (1-3-1) and not sit back waiting for your opponent to skate into a wall....that's just assassine! As REAL hockey fans know...if you hate your opponent and want to shut them up...SCORE GOALS. #QUITCRYIN

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • hatzman7373
    44 posts Member
    edited June 17
    If im playing someone thats playing stupid mashing stick lift poke check and not getting penalties or forming a wall and think im going to make it easy for you then your in for a wake up call. I have over 640 hut wins and dont play much so i can play.
    If you play proper hockey ...move the puck..limit your glitch goals then i will respect you. If not you will feel the raft and im always ahead so your chasing the whole game.
    Treat me bad...ill treat you worse.
    Treat me good..ill treat you better.

Thats all.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Ka1serSoz3
    53 posts Member
    edited June 18
    I gotta be honest I’ve played over 300 games and have encountered about 2 or 3 puck raggers. It’s definitely annoying but it isn’t as difficult as some posters are making it seem to get the puck off them if you set your strategies right and play hard, careful man to man defence. Although if player switching worked like it did on the older games - as in properly - it would make things a heck of a lot easier.

That being said it’s hardly a problem. It’s happened less than 1% of the time in my experience. 300+ games is a pretty good sample size to gauge the NHL community though so I would have a hard time believing that >1% is unique based just off of that. However I only play online VS mode so I can’t speak on HUT or EASHL, maybe the community’s worse there.

At the end of the day - while it sounds like a good solution to THIS issue - loosening up puck control probably isn’t the way to go for this series. Going that route would likely open up a whole new set of concerns.
    Post edited by Ka1serSoz3 on
  • Tonysl79
    267 posts Member
    edited June 18
    Puck raggers are considerably more frequent in hut games. They get a lead and then just ice skate around. You can get the puck away but it takes time and is a frustrating game to play.
    There should be penalties for those who do it other than reporting them to ea. Make real game consequences and watch it stop.
    If someone has been dancing in their zone or standing behind the net for a minute or two have them lose all control of their players for ten seconds. Put up a red countdown clock in the corner letting them know what’s happening. If they keep doing it increase the lose of control by ten seconds. It will stop.
  • Ka1serSoz3 wrote: »
    That being said it’s hardly a problem. It’s happened less than 1% of the time in my experience. 300+ games is a pretty good sample size to gauge the NHL community though so I would have a hard time believing that >1% is unique based just off of that. However I only play online VS mode so I can’t speak on HUT or EASHL, maybe the community’s worse there.

It gets worse the higher you go in terms of rank.

If you're playing top 500 OVP players, you will see this more often.
  • Smh so you just assume to know the level of competition I face?
  • Ka1serSoz3 wrote: »
    Smh so you just assume to know the level of competition I face?

Sorry bruh - no need to get all defensive.

You claim you rarely see this happen. My argument is that once you reach top 500 - it happens more often. Not to the point where it happens every night, but enough to make you wish something would be done about it.

• EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Bring back blowing the tire animation. Not only will it help puck raggers but maybe it will do something for those who skate in the zone backwards while wiggling.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Pretty much game is a L2 fest now, doesn't resemble hockey at all. Just tap L2 for speed boost glitch and skate backwards into the zone since its easier to wiggle past dman.
  • Ima Rag..rag and more rag cause thats how i flow. Instead of worrying about all the glitches this game has you worried about ragging ? I lost more games due to glitches and only 2 from raggers in 647 games. So ima Rag cause thats how i flow.
  • Ima Rag..rag and more rag cause thats how i flow. Instead of worrying about all the glitches this game has you worried about ragging ? I lost more games due to glitches and only 2 from raggers in 647 games. So ima Rag cause thats how i flow.

That’s because you are toxic, scared, and desperate for wins.. you get a lead so you gotta play like like your life depends on that win and so you use game exploits that allows players with no skill (like yourself) to skate around with the puck without worrying about a thing and to protect your win.. can’t hit it doesn’t work, can’t poke without getting a penalty, can’t stick lift without a penalty, what’s left to do? Keep ragging and be proud. you are showing how bad you are and you are the reason why the game is in the shape it’s in. ..