EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

There is no hope for EA NHL Series

The product gets worse every year....It isn't supposed to work like that. It's supposed to go the other. It's supposed to get better with time, advancements, etc.

I have no issue with competitive gaming. I think it's great. What I do have an issue with is the AI taking games over for kids who don't deserve to be in games. Another situation like this just unfolded....

Started off as a 11-man game (2 human goalies, one AI defenseman -- My Team). Game is playing well, good back and forth. We traded goals, 2-2. We take over the game with poor play from their defense. Go up 5-2 going into the 3rd. By this point, our "C" had quit (after he just showed no chemistry with anyone on the ice and took a dumb penalty), and they had a defenseman and winger quit out. We score early in the 3rd to go up 6-2.

Third period continues to progress, we're still playing well (LW, RW, RD -- shout-out to the RD, he was a stud all game) but they get a goal to cut the lead to 6-3 with about 10 minutes left. I can see it starting to unfold.... Their AI starts to take over a bit... 5 minutes to go, the lead is now 6-4. 2:50 mark hits..... 6-5 score after their AI scores for them. With 30 seconds left, it is 6-6.....Another AI goal. They had 3 user players score goals for them. they had 3 AI goals for them. We had 7 user goals scored (6 from me, 1 from the LW) as we ended up winning in OT.

I'm just failing to understand why this happens so much. This feels like a given. Team with the most AI is going to have the best chance to win. It doesn't make sense. Our AI was actually fair as well in this one, but the other team hit a new level. Carried their team to an OT they didn't even belong in and it's trash that we were one goal away from losing a game that we just didn't have any business losing.

Replies

• And just another small complaint. Why don't players ever use mics? No communication.
  • And just another small complaint. Why don't players ever use mics? No communication.

Why use mics? To hear others playing music? Hear others burp? Hear 3 people screaming to pass the puck up when you have had the puck less than 2 seconds? Hear people tell you to quit as a goalie because you suck and didn't stop 2 breakaways and 3 one-timers because your team has no clue how to play D? Hear someone's baby crying in the background? Hear your LW talking to his wife all game long?

Yea, I don't get why more people don't use mics. Weird.

Why use mics? To hear others playing music? Hear others burp? Hear 3 people screaming to pass the puck up when you have had the puck less than 2 seconds? Hear people tell you to quit as a goalie because you suck and didn't stop 2 breakaways and 3 one-timers because your team has no clue how to play D? Hear someone's baby crying in the background? Hear your LW talking to his wife all game long?

Why use mics? To communicate you're going low? To communicate you have the shooter? To communicate You're open? To communicate you're going up the left/right boards? To communicate where you're trying to win the draw? To communicate to cover the cross? To communicate to cover the point? To tell someone nice goal? To tell someone good win?

Yeah, I don't get why more people don't use mics. Weird.

Why use mics? To communicate you're going low? To communicate you have the shooter? To communicate You're open? To communicate you're going up the left/right boards? To communicate where you're trying to win the draw? To communicate to cover the cross? To communicate to cover the point? To tell someone nice goal? To tell someone good win?

Yeah, I don't get why more people don't use mics. Weird.

You're describing how it should be while I am describing how it is most times.

I agree completely with you. Just sadly, we have a weird group of people playing this game on average over the years. Very weird community to say the least.
  • Drop in is just a toxic cesspool. I can't remember the last time I finished a game with both goalies. I'd say 75% of them quit after 1 goal, and half of those that stay will quit if the game is tied. Imagine...you don't think you're good enough to come back from a tie? Really?

Yeah, it's a mess...and it won't change.
  • They can't even be bothered to rework their slow as crap menus to a modern, fast, responsive menu UI for current gen. It's a complete slog. And I won't even beat the dead horse known as Legends. What a joke.